Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Sep-2011 thru May 2014]
RE: SleepyHead CPAP Reporting Software - JediMark [copied from old forum]
archangle Wrote:In order for the update to work, you need to use "run as administrator" one time to start SleepyHead and let it update. After that, you can run normally until another updated is needed. Jedimark is working on fixing this is later versions of the program.

"Clear airway" is how the CPAP manufacturer labels the event. SleepyHead simply reports what the machine says.

In order to be 100% sure an apnea is a central apnea, you need a chest effort belt to see if your muscles are trying to breathe. The CPAP machine doesn't have this data, so it tries to detect it by sending pulses of air down the air hose and sort of listening for an echo to tell if your airway is open.

It's sort of trying to detect a central apnea, but isn't 100% sure, so they call it a clear airway apnea.

The CPAP machine is sort of guessing about all apneas anyway. In order to conclusively call an event an apnea, you need a pulse oximeter and an EEG, but the CPAP machine approximates based on airflow.
b360155 Wrote:
Dawei,(time=1328969355) Wrote:Thanks for the explanation of how a machine estimates OSAs as well as Central, Archangle. Apparently, the S9's calculations are pretty good. At a post-titration doc meeting just a couple weeks ago, I saw my titration summary and using my former pressure, I noted that my AHI was similar between what I had been seeing on the S9 and the titration results.
BTW, Just got the pre-insurance bill for that sleep study and was stunned to see an amount charged of $2,350--quite an expense motel bill!
Hey, either you got a real deal or I got a raw one. My initial polysomnography sleep study bill was $4,000 and my follow up polysomnography with CPAP mask fitting study was billed at $4,500. Thankfully, with my health insurance, my actual out of pocket payment was significantly less than that. The good thing was that according to my insurance bills, I hit my annual out of pocket maximum by the end of September so from then until the end of the year, I stocked up on every replacement supply part that I was allowed by insurance schedules, with zero out of pocket cost to me. And we wonder why health care costs are out of control??? Crazy
greatunclebill Wrote:
b360155,(time=1328997273) Wrote:
archangle,(time=1328992973) Wrote:
b360155,(time=1328971710) Wrote:Hey, either you got a real deal or I got a raw one. My initial polysomnography sleep study bill was $4,000 and my follow up polysomnography with CPAP mask fitting study was billed at $4,500. Thankfully, with my health insurance, my actual out of pocket payment was significantly less than that. The good thing was that according to my insurance bills, I hit my annual out of pocket maximum by the end of September so from then until the end of the year, I stocked up on every replacement supply part that I was allowed by insurance schedules, with zero out of pocket cost to me. And we wonder why health care costs are out of control??? Crazy
There's a good chance the sleep lab got paid a heck of a lot less than $8500.

According to my EOB, they got $3542 from my insurance company and they billed me $747, so they got just over 50% of the billed amount.
my wife's first study without mask was billed $4150. tricare paid $679. copay $0.00 .

second study with mask (titration) was billed $4456. tricare paid $652. copay $0.00 .
greatunclebill Wrote:
Stanjam,(time=1329444730) Wrote:I have my Master's in Information Assurance and therefore do not see the risk vs. benefit advantage of owning a Windows machine!
i have my masters in the school of hard knocks, have always owned windows machines, currently have home networked 3 home built desktops and 2 store bought laptops, all windows (7, vista and xp) with current internet explorer and do not have problems. i don't remember the last time i had a security/virus problem because i know how to protect everything. not sayin', just sayin'.
Sleepster Wrote:
Stanjam,(time=1329444730) Wrote:I have my Master's in Information Assurance and therefore do not see the risk vs. benefit advantage of owning a Windows machine!
Wow! You'd get along great with one of my co-workers. Big Grin

I agree with you when it comes to SleepyHead. We should all be thankful for this software. Without it I wouldn't be able to chart the effectiveness of my therapy.
cobra4x4 Wrote:WinstonWolf ...

You need to install sleepyhead with administrator rights. Running it for the first time as admin won't cut it.

You need to right click on the install file (package) and run as administrator. A reboot may be required after install (I can't remember if I had to do that).

Everything works great here on all my machines (6 of them) running various windows versions from XP to win7.
WinstonWolf Wrote:Thanks for the response cobra... I've been installing the exe file under a full admin account. I manually select the "run as" option anyway to see if the resolves. But unfortunately it hasn't. Any other ideas?
greatunclebill Wrote:ok, here's a good one. my wife slept with her mask from midnite til 5;30AM, got up for a few minutes and turned the machine off. then she went back to bed 3 minutes later, masked up and turned the machine on and slept til 7am.

here's the problem: in sleepy head event flags are there all night. flow rate is there with the flags but the black breathing graph part of it doesn't start til the second session after 5:30. ahi, pressure, leak and snore lines are complete thru the whole night. resp rate, tidal volume, minute vent, insp time and exp time graphs all start after 5:30.

i tried to purge current day to re-try but it don't purge. i did try to re-import the data but it looks the same. all other days on hers and all days on mine are fine. we run two users on the same computer.

this may be a question for the developer. any ideas???
Sleepster Wrote:
greatunclebill,(time=1329920860) Wrote:here's the problem: in sleepy head event flags are there all night. flow rate is there with the flags but the black breathing graph part of it doesn't start til the second session after 5:30. ahi, pressure, leak and snore lines are complete thru the whole night. resp rate, tidal volume, minute vent, insp time and exp time graphs all start after 5:30.
The same thing happened to me the other night, but in my case that first session was just a couple of minutes long. Normally I have repeated sessions like your wife does, and all is fine. Is she running a PRS1 machine or a Resmed?

This bug should be reported. You can go to sourceforge and report it there. Just google sourceforge and SleepyHead.
RE: SleepyHead CPAP Reporting Software - JediMark
greatunclebill Wrote:
Sleepster,(time=1329960440) Wrote:Is she running a PRS1 machine or a Resmed?
thanks.

we have twin pr system one auto a-flex machines.

i was hoping the developer would read it here, but i can report it. we use sleepy head regularly. this is the only time it happened.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another OSCAR cannot find data thread - with a twist. Cuppa 63 3,991 03-02-2023, 04:30 AM
Last Post: Cuppa
  OSCAR v1.3.0 is released [old archived thread] Gideon 36 7,516 02-07-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Looking for DreamStation 2 samples using 12mm heated tube [thread closed] sawinglogz 6 1,205 01-14-2022, 04:43 PM
Arrow ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions] SuperSleeper 1,109 1,649,118 08-25-2015, 07:10 PM
Information Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Jun-2014 thru Aug 2015] SuperSleeper 542 155,148 08-21-2015, 01:27 PM
Arrow EncoreBasic 2.4.8.0 CPAP Reporting Software [Archived read-only thread] EncoreBasic User 142 88,588 02-18-2015, 11:29 AM
Last Post: on the virge
  ResScan SW thread 2 -- runs on 64 bit OS? justMongo 6 3,372 05-18-2014, 11:07 PM
Last Post: herbm

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.