Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Sep-2011 thru May 2014]
RE: SleepyHead CPAP Reporting Software - JediMark
Mark,

Feature Request: Provide a Relative Position "Cursor" to show corresponding data between graphs in the Overview Mode.

I have all 14 of my Overview Graphs set to display on my 13 inch Macbook, so I can not see all of them at once. Accordingly, it takes a lot of mental effort to go back and forth between the graphs without getting lost. It would really be great to have a vertical line go across all of the graphs to make it really easy to see the covariation between all of the quantities, on a particular date, say last Saturday when I hypothetically went to a party and drank a bunch, and it caused an increase in my OSA for example.

The cursor already does this in part by displaying a pink bar, and showing the particular values for a particular date. My suggestion is to extend the bar vertically to include all of the graphs to ease the detection of covariation between the metrics.

I do realize that I could turn off the display of some of the intervening graphs to work around this problem, but adding this feature would be uber-cool.

I really like SleepyHead and show it to everyone I meet who thinks they might have sleep apnea, and your software just blows them away, they are so impressed.

My age is none of my mind's business. --- Netskier
Mark, first off thank you so much for putting the effort into developing this software. Now that my girlfriend has switched to the PRS1 it is saving me from having to but the encore software. Also it is great that there are debs for the linux builds, it is so much easier than having to compile Thanks

I did notice a bug today. Under the records section for Best AHI it is not excluding missing data days from the calculations. Therefore it is showing the days with no data as being the best days at 0.0 AHI. This is with v0.9.2 for windows. I have not checked on the linux build since I have not imported the data into that yet. If you want I can boot into linux and test that. Let me know.
RE: SleepyHead CPAP Reporting Software - JediMark [copied from old forum]
(03-15-2012, 05:11 PM)Netskier Wrote:
(02-22-2012, 11:44 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:
cbramsey Wrote:
jedimark,(time=1327036176) Wrote:Maybe I should add an "AutoScan" button to the import list like SleepyHead used to do at the beginning..

It could scan every available drive letter after D: on windows, everything under /media on Linux, and wherever Mac's mount their media cards.. (can anyone tell me where that is on a Mac?)

I just don't want to take away the flexibility to import from whatever folder we please.

If I did that, the import list could potentially be removed.. ? (It's a troublemaker code-wise)
I think this is what you are asking about. You will find attached a screen shot of the Mac Disk Utility. It showed the SD Card for my Philips Respironics System One APAP Machine is in geek speak "/Volumes/NO NAME"

Hope that is what you are looking for.

[Image: ScreenShot2012-01-20at103022AM.jpg]

cbramsey, thanks for this post cbramsey. I just used it to recover from a "sleepy error" that I made upon waking up this morning.

Supersleeper, why was his screenshot of a MacOS Utility deleted? I think it might have been informative to some of us Mac users, and it would have saved us the trouble to locate and launch it.

Netskier

Sorry, I was a little over zealous with my "housecleaning".

Here is the original photo.

[Image: DiskUtility_SDCard-1.png]
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
HELP.
I'm a newbie (but love the concept of now being a 'hose-head'. I've had my CPAP for three days and am already looking for software to see what's going on. I downloaded the latest build for MAC from SourceForge and installed it without trouble. However, when i go to launch it I get "You can't open the application SleepyHead because it is not supported on this type of Mac".

I'm trying to use it on a MacBook Pro OS/X 10.6.8, 2.16 GHz Intel Core Duo with 1GB memory.

Any idea on what's up here?

Thanks.
(03-31-2012, 08:55 AM)mdanatos Wrote: HELP.
I'm a newbie (but love the concept of now being a 'hose-head'. I've had my CPAP for three days and am already looking for software to see what's going on. I downloaded the latest build for MAC from SourceForge and installed it without trouble. However, when i go to launch it I get "You can't open the application SleepyHead because it is not supported on this type of Mac".

I'm trying to use it on a MacBook Pro OS/X 10.6.8, 2.16 GHz Intel Core Duo with 1GB memory.

Thanks.

Good morning and welcome to the forum.

Not sure why you are getting the error message you are describing.

You might want to post your issue on the SleepyHead Bug Tracker site or PM Jedimark.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
(03-31-2012, 08:55 AM)mdanatos Wrote: HELP.

Thanks.

This is very strange. It should run on your machine. I run Sleepyhead on a standard Macbook, same Mac OS X version (10.6.8), 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo, with 2GB memory.

It might be a memory management error, but I doubt it, but you could check this by rebooting, and trying Sleepyhead before running any other programs. The Genius Bar in the Apple Store might be able to try some tricks too.

[/quote]

This is very strange. It should run on your machine. I run Sleepyhead on a standard Macbook, same Mac OS X version (10.6.8), 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo, with 2GB memory.

It might be a memory management error, but I doubt it, but you could check this by rebooting, and trying Sleepyhead before running any other programs. The Genius Bar in the Apple Store might be able to try some tricks too.

[/quote]

I think I tracked down the problem. The executable posted (that I downloaded) is a 64-bit ONLY version of SleepyHead and although I have an Intel Core Duo, I am running in 32-bit mode.

SleepyHead:

Last Modified: 3/31/12 6:13 PM
Kind: Intel
64-Bit (Intel): Yes
Get Info String: Created by Qt/QMake

/applications/sleepyhead.app/contents/macos/sleepyhead: Mach-O 64-bit executable x86_64

Darwin mi-macbook-pro-17.local 10.8.0 Darwin Kernel Version 10.8.0: Tue Jun 7 16:33:36 PDT 2011; root:xnu-1504.15.3~1/RELEASE_I386 i386

Can you post a combined 32-bit and 64-bit version???
thanks.

Quote:I think I tracked down the problem. The executable posted (that I downloaded) is a 64-bit ONLY version of SleepyHead and although I have an Intel Core Duo, I am running in 32-bit mode.

SleepyHead:

Last Modified: 3/31/12 6:13 PM
Kind: Intel
64-Bit (Intel): Yes
Get Info String: Created by Qt/QMake

/applications/sleepyhead.app/contents/macos/sleepyhead: Mach-O 64-bit executable x86_64

Darwin mi-macbook-pro-17.local 10.8.0 Darwin Kernel Version 10.8.0: Tue Jun 7 16:33:36 PDT 2011; root:xnu-1504.15.3~1/RELEASE_I386 i386

Can you post a combined 32-bit and 64-bit version???
thanks.

Three things.

1. I am not the developer, so I have no versions to post.

2. I am using the same version you have, so I don't think that the version is the problem. I haven't learned the MacOS tools for looking yet, so I just used the Terminal app, and the unix utilities.

$ pwd
/Applications/SleepyHead.app/Contents/MacOS

$ file SleepyHead
SleepyHead: Mach-O 64-bit executable x86_64

Why don't you just run Sleepyhead in the normal 64-bit mode? I think that should work.

3. To start a quote, use [slash-character quote] where you type the actual forward slash char. I edited your reply above to fix this.

HTH. Let me know if this solves it for you. I really love Sleepyhead.

Netskier,
thanks for your help. I've tracked down the developer's forum and they have provided an answer.
My MacBookPro has an Intel Core Duo processor which is 32-bit only.
You have a Mac that has an Intel Core 2 Duo processor with is a 64-bit processor.
SleepyHead only runs in 64-bit mode, although a couple of forum members are attempting to back build it to 32-bit.

So I need to either upgrade my MAC (desperately needed but no $$$) or see if I can make it work on my wife's Dell (arrrgggghhhhh).

So for now it's the display on the CPAP only which is really CrAP for getting useful data.

/mike
(04-01-2012, 12:56 PM)mdanatos Wrote: Netskier,
thanks for your help. I've tracked down the developer's forum and they have provided an answer.
My MacBookPro has an Intel Core Duo processor which is 32-bit only.
You have a Mac that has an Intel Core 2 Duo processor with is a 64-bit processor.
SleepyHead only runs in 64-bit mode, although a couple of forum members are attempting to back build it to 32-bit.

So I need to either upgrade my MAC (desperately needed but no $$$) or see if I can make it work on my wife's Dell (arrrgggghhhhh).

So for now it's the display on the CPAP only which is really CrAP for getting useful data.

/mike

sleepyhead runs on my wife's dual core amd win 7 in 64 bit. it also runs on my dual core amd winvista that is 32 bit. if your wife's dell is windows it should probably work.

First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another OSCAR cannot find data thread - with a twist. Cuppa 63 3,989 03-02-2023, 04:30 AM
Last Post: Cuppa
  OSCAR v1.3.0 is released [old archived thread] Gideon 36 7,516 02-07-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Looking for DreamStation 2 samples using 12mm heated tube [thread closed] sawinglogz 6 1,205 01-14-2022, 04:43 PM
Arrow ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions] SuperSleeper 1,109 1,649,093 08-25-2015, 07:10 PM
Information Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Jun-2014 thru Aug 2015] SuperSleeper 542 155,139 08-21-2015, 01:27 PM
Arrow EncoreBasic 2.4.8.0 CPAP Reporting Software [Archived read-only thread] EncoreBasic User 142 88,582 02-18-2015, 11:29 AM
Last Post: on the virge
  ResScan SW thread 2 -- runs on 64 bit OS? justMongo 6 3,371 05-18-2014, 11:07 PM
Last Post: herbm

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.