Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Sep-2011 thru May 2014]
RE: SleepyHead CPAP Reporting Software - JediMark
(01-16-2014, 12:32 PM)sks23cu Wrote: Start the software; plug in the SD card; either
- use menu to import data,
- or click icon to right to import data.

Navigate to the SD card. I've tried top level and each level down to directory containing the data files.

Again: NADA

And no indication that it's doing anything/nothing.

You need to use the latest unstable Mac version of SleepyHead - 0.9.4 with a build date of Nov 4 2013. It doesn't work with one of the bilevel 60 series models, but should work with yours.
(01-16-2014, 01:55 PM)Surly Wrote:
(01-16-2014, 12:32 PM)sks23cu Wrote: Start the software; plug in the SD card; either
- use menu to import data,
- or click icon to right to import data.

Navigate to the SD card. I've tried top level and each level down to directory containing the data files.

Again: NADA

And no indication that it's doing anything/nothing.

You need to use the latest unstable Mac version of SleepyHead - 0.9.4 with a build date of Nov 4 2013. It doesn't work with one of the bilevel 60 series models, but should work with yours.

So, I am using a System One 960P ASV unit. I have used SH 9.2.2-9.3.2-9.4 in both Snow Leopard and Lion on Mac and only some of the data is properly read out. Is anybody working on SH for Mac that will read a 60 series? Any time table? Could someone please let me know when a version is available that works on the 60 series? Thanks.
(01-16-2014, 02:50 PM)RSO Wrote: So, I am using a System One 960P ASV unit. I have used SH 9.2.2-9.3.2-9.4 in both Snow Leopard and Lion on Mac and only some of the data is properly read out. Is anybody working on SH for Mac that will read a 60 series? Any time table? Could someone please let me know when a version is available that works on the 60 series? Thanks.
The unstable Mac version (SleepyHead 0.9.4) will work with the following Series 60 System Ones: Pro (460), Auto (560), BiPAP Pro (660), and BiPAP Auto (760).

Sleepy Head on either the PC or the mac is still not fully compatible with either the Series 50 or Series 60 the ASV machines (950 or 960) as far as I know. At one point JediMark had posted to another forum that part of the problem was his lack of data from these machines to play with.

As for whether there's anybody working on the problems, the answer is yes, but SleepyHead is a home-grown project: Nobody's earning any money for programming SleepyHead stuff, so there's no target date for when the Mac 0.9.4-beta will be considered to be "stable" and there's no target date on when SleepyHead will be fully compatible with the ASV machines.
I'd be happy to send files from my 960P to JediMark by private email if that would help. I would need details about what to send and where.
Quote:You need to use the latest unstable Mac version of SleepyHead - 0.9.4 with a build date of Nov 4 2013. It doesn't work with one of the bilevel 60 series models, but should work with yours.

Yea! It's working! Thanks!

Now all I have to do is figure out what all those graphs mean! :-/

Thanks,
-Steve
Trying to run SleepyHead, and I'm having a symptom I've seen reported before, but no solution that I have found.
I'm running Windows 7 64bit, v0.9.3 installed with no problem, and I was able to set up a profile. But as soon as I select the profile, the app crashes. I've tried running compatibility mode, running as admin, didn't help. I know others are running win 7, so I assume something else I'm running is blocking it - any ideas?
I just installed SH v0.9.3 on my husband's LoNovo running Win 7 last night. And it runs fine on his machine.

Questions:

Did you move anything to a nonstandard location during the install?

What happens if you quit SH and then open it back up? Does it crash as soon as you open it up or does it crash after you try to do something?

Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling?

What kinds of things ARE you running that might interfere with SleepyHead?
(03-28-2014, 11:24 PM)ds98765 Wrote: Trying to run SleepyHead, and I'm having a symptom I've seen reported before, but no solution that I have found.
I'm running Windows 7 64bit, v0.9.3 installed with no problem, and I was able to set up a profile. But as soon as I select the profile, the app crashes. I've tried running compatibility mode, running as admin, didn't help. I know others are running win 7, so I assume something else I'm running is blocking it - any ideas?

I'm running SH v0.9.3 on a Win 7 64bit w/o problems. Sounds security related to me (unless it's some kind of data corruption). Without being connected to the internet, why not try turning off all your security software for a moment, then run SH.

If it still doesn't work, perhaps go into the windows security properties that have been assigned to SH and allow 'everyone' read/write/... access to the file and try that. (Do that from the main SH file perhaps, rather than just the shortcut that goes to SH.)

If none of those work, don't forget to switch everything back to the way you had them before.

If that doesn't work, here's some other ideas:
- run a scan disk to make sure you have no big file corruption issues
- like RobySue said above, perhaps try uninstalling SH and reinstalling again
- like RobySue said above, run SH without any other programs running so that there's no conflicts that way
Thanks for the replies and suggestions so far!

robysue, it was a normal installation (all of them!) - nothing in a non-standard location.
I've tried re-opening it dozens of times, always the same thing happens - the 'Select Profile' window loads, and allows me to select a profile. Then when I click the Select User button, the Select Profile window closes and that's it - nothing else opens. Same thing with a reinstall - no difference.

WakeUp Time, I've tried running with AV turned off, with no difference. I didn't expect that to be the problem as I first saw this issue late last year, when I was still running a different brand of AV software. I've tried granting additional security to the files, even though I am a local administrator on the box, didn't help.

I don't have any other application actively running while I'm doing this testing, but of course there are always lots of things running in the background in Windows. I was able to see errors in the Event log, but there's not anything there that gives me any particular clue - it just says that SleepyHead.exe had an AppCrash, with a ton of data, but no specific faulting module, etc.

It feels like there may be a mismatch between one of the DLLs supplied with the program and one I am running - next I'm going to try shutting down all non-essential dlls (things that check printer status, update your applications on a scheduled basis, etc) and see if one of those is the problem. Whatever it is, it's not unique to me (I've seen this reported before) but it doesn't seem common.
ds98765,

It's a pain in the butt to do it, but have you tried creating a new user profile and down loading the data to the new profile?

The reason I ask is this: Last summer when I was camping, the battery went haywire and corrupted something on the card. Before I knew there was a corrupt data file on the card, I tried to load the data into SleepyHead and the first time, it acted like it was reading the data, and then SleepyHead crashed before displaying the data. And after that, every time I tried to select the user profile, SH would immediately crash. Encore could read the card, and I finally put two and two together and figured out that the battery problem had likely caused the wave flow data file to be corrupted. (I'd had a similar problem way, way back when after a power surge at the house.)

The "fix" for the problem involved:

1) Erasing the card and reformating it to get rid of the corrupt data file on the card

2) Creating a new user profile in SleepyHead because the corrupt data file created some kind of a corrupt database for that particular user profile.

3) Loading the data into the new user profile and using back-up data to load the previous data into the new user profile.

You will likely lose some data doing this, but the only other alternative that I've found requires a lot of mucking around with creating multiple SH user profiles, copying the SD card to the computer's hard drive, and taking the time to experimentally deleting the suspect files one by one until finding the one(s) that had to be deleted for SH to both load the data and not crash.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another OSCAR cannot find data thread - with a twist. Cuppa 63 3,992 03-02-2023, 04:30 AM
Last Post: Cuppa
  OSCAR v1.3.0 is released [old archived thread] Gideon 36 7,517 02-07-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Looking for DreamStation 2 samples using 12mm heated tube [thread closed] sawinglogz 6 1,205 01-14-2022, 04:43 PM
Arrow ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions] SuperSleeper 1,109 1,649,151 08-25-2015, 07:10 PM
Information Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Jun-2014 thru Aug 2015] SuperSleeper 542 155,159 08-21-2015, 01:27 PM
Arrow EncoreBasic 2.4.8.0 CPAP Reporting Software [Archived read-only thread] EncoreBasic User 142 88,591 02-18-2015, 11:29 AM
Last Post: on the virge
  ResScan SW thread 2 -- runs on 64 bit OS? justMongo 6 3,372 05-18-2014, 11:07 PM
Last Post: herbm

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.