Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Sep-2011 thru May 2014]
RE: SleepyHead CPAP Reporting Software - JediMark
SleepyHead will run on a 32bit Mac, but a custom build is needed to do so.

Technically should even be able to be made to run on a G3/G4/etc. with a few little modifications and an older version of Qt libraries.

Unfortunately I don't have access to any Apple hardware, Jimbo figured out how to prepare the mac builds for me.
(03-31-2012, 08:55 AM)mdanatos Wrote: HELP.
I'm a newbie (but love the concept of now being a 'hose-head'. I've had my CPAP for three days and am already looking for software to see what's going on. I downloaded the latest build for MAC from SourceForge and installed it without trouble. However, when i go to launch it I get "You can't open the application SleepyHead because it is not supported on this type of Mac".

I'm trying to use it on a MacBook Pro OS/X 10.6.8, 2.16 GHz Intel Core Duo with 1GB memory.

Any idea on what's up here?

Thanks.

You have a 32 bit only Mac. Per the Apple website, the Intel Core Solo and Intel Core Duo are 32 bit only. All other Intel processors (newer ones) are 64 bit though they may boot in 32 bit by default.

I know this because I'm a PC user with a Icon and really need the Sleepyhead to read my Icon data. I do have an older iMac at work and thought I'd use it until Sleepyhead for the PC could read it, but I got the same message you did and after much searching I found out I was out of luck on the iMac also.

So just anxiously awaiting the day SleepyHead is updated for the PC to read Icon data. Big Grin
Mark, this software is amazing! I can see that the instant feedback is really going to help motivate me. Thank you SO much for doing this (and especially for making it compatible with Macs!) Now that I have discovered this forum and your software, I'll be checking back often. Thanks again.
I finally decided to take a look at the software....

What would it take to get it to read data from an M-Series Pro (and merge it with data from an Intellipap Auto)?

I'd like to somehow generate a complete report from my older M-Series data, combined with my newer Intellipap Auto's data....along with extra bits from the M-Series Pro (because I use it as my travel/backup machine....)

I have a backup of the data files that EncoreViewer makes when it reads in the card (my XP machine died last week, and the version I have doesn't work beyond XP) Also lost my Smartlink install again, but I'm pretty sure I made a DB export right after I last used it. Working on building an XP VM...but I'm thinking I'm going to mainly do Linux from now on....
You may be a dreamer, but I'm The Dreamer, the definite article you might say!
I keep trying to download version 0.9.2 but it keeps dying at the very end, has anyone gotten it to run? also I cannot get any of the graphs to run what am I doing wrong?

Thank You
Someone once asked me how I adjusted to CPAP so well--I thought for a moment and said I had two choices CPAP or DEATH..The choice was easy..
(04-10-2012, 09:17 AM)pk6301 Wrote: I keep trying to download version 0.9.2 but it keeps dying at the very end, has anyone gotten it to run? also I cannot get any of the graphs to run what am I doing wrong?

Hi pk5301!. What operating system are you using? Do I understand that you have v0.9.1 up and running? 0.9.2 is an minor update which you access and acquire through your 0.9.1 running version.
Breathing keeps you alive. And PAP helps keep you breathing!
(04-10-2012, 04:46 PM)JumpStart Wrote:
(04-10-2012, 09:17 AM)pk6301 Wrote: I keep trying to download version 0.9.2 but it keeps dying at the very end, has anyone gotten it to run? also I cannot get any of the graphs to run what am I doing wrong?

Hi pk5301!. What operating system are you using? Do I understand that you have v0.9.1 up and running? 0.9.2 is an minor update which you access and acquire through your 0.9.1 running version.

Yes I have 0.9.1 running but when I try to update to 0.9.2 it bombs out..If it is just a minor update then i will not even care, but I would like to get the graphs up and running if at all possible.
Someone once asked me how I adjusted to CPAP so well--I thought for a moment and said I had two choices CPAP or DEATH..The choice was easy..
(04-10-2012, 06:59 PM)pk6301 Wrote:
(04-10-2012, 04:46 PM)JumpStart Wrote:

Yes I have 0.9.1 running but when I try to update to 0.9.2 it bombs out..If it is just a minor update then i will not even care, but I would like to get the graphs up and running if at all possible.

you need to right click on the download to run as administrator. you do not have to log in as administrator, you need to give the program administrator rights so it will run. it works this way with 7 and vista. xp does not have this option so it may not work. let us know if it works for you.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
(04-10-2012, 08:51 AM)TheDreamer Wrote: I'd like to somehow generate a complete report from my older M-Series data, combined with my newer Intellipap Auto's data....along with extra bits from the M-Series Pro (because I use it as my travel/backup machine....)

I have the data loaded from my PRS1 CPAP that I used in November, along with the data from my PRS1 BiPAP that I've been using since December. They merge seemlessly.

Is this the typs of thing you have in mind?

As long as each of the machine is supported by SleepyHead, I don't see why it wouldn't work. Doesn't mean it will, though. You'd just have to try it and see. Rolleyes
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
(04-10-2012, 06:59 PM)pk6301 Wrote: Yes I have 0.9.1 running but when I try to update to 0.9.2 it bombs out..If it is just a minor update then i will not even care, but I would like to get the graphs up and running if at all possible.
It's a minor update designed to fix a bug or two. I wouldn't worry about it. If you want details, or want to report this, the best place to do it is on the SourceForge SleepyHead website. Google it!
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another OSCAR cannot find data thread - with a twist. Cuppa 63 3,991 03-02-2023, 04:30 AM
Last Post: Cuppa
  OSCAR v1.3.0 is released [old archived thread] Gideon 36 7,516 02-07-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Looking for DreamStation 2 samples using 12mm heated tube [thread closed] sawinglogz 6 1,205 01-14-2022, 04:43 PM
Arrow ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions] SuperSleeper 1,109 1,649,113 08-25-2015, 07:10 PM
Information Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Jun-2014 thru Aug 2015] SuperSleeper 542 155,143 08-21-2015, 01:27 PM
Arrow EncoreBasic 2.4.8.0 CPAP Reporting Software [Archived read-only thread] EncoreBasic User 142 88,587 02-18-2015, 11:29 AM
Last Post: on the virge
  ResScan SW thread 2 -- runs on 64 bit OS? justMongo 6 3,372 05-18-2014, 11:07 PM
Last Post: herbm

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.