Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Sep-2011 thru May 2014]
RE: SleepyHead CPAP Reporting Software - JediMark
(04-20-2012, 09:56 PM)pk6301 Wrote: I Finally !!! got the sleepyhead software to run correctly, I have to use it on my old dusty and crusty desktop which is about 9 years old.. The software does not like my new spiffy 32 bit netbook running Windows 7.. I tried running the software as the administrator, it gives me the Stats fine, it gives me the daily on the left side fine, but it does not give me any of the graphs.

I still have my KayPro 4 (64bits of RAMBig Grin). [We don't throw anything away!] It uses a Control/Program Monitor (CP/M) operating system - I believe the first OS for PC's. It has an 8bit processor, uses 5" floppy disks, has a 9" CRT monitor, and is contained in a 22 lb. metal "suitcase" (you know, a portableLaugh-a-lot). I used it to finish my Ph.D. in 1979-80. Every program was on its own 5" disk, and data files were on similar disks in the bottom of the 2 over/under drives.

While I'm resolving my issue with seeing data on my 3.06GHz dual core processor with 4GB Ram and Win 7 64bit OS, do you think I should drag the KayPro4 out of storage, dust it off and try to find some 5" disk to use to see my PRS1 data (which can only be seen, at this point, in MS Windows Explorer)Dielaughing?
Digidoc, you sure that wasn't a 5 1/4" disk? I had a original PC with 64K motherboard, two 360K disks (5 1/4"), 12" b/w monitor, and a dot-matrix printer, for all of which I paid over $5K to acquire in 1982. Did NOT retain this when the magnificent 286 came out, although I did still use Lotus 1,2,3! Your Kaypro I thought had the same motherboard RAM, and used the 8080 processor, while mine used the 8086 (I think). Been a few years. :grin:

Breathing keeps you alive. And PAP helps keep you breathing!
You're correct. I wasn't sure about disk size, thinking that they were without fraction, as the 3.25" "floppy" has. You're correct, also, about the motherboard being 64k and it using an 8080 processor.

I built my 1st 286 from a Heath kit - burning up a pencil soldering iron in the process. Fine tuning the yoke ring on the CRT was the most difficult part of the process for me, the other stuff was just a bit tedious. Even then, my wife needed to sleep late in the a.m. because of her progressing health issues, so I had plenty of time to work on it during a vacation at our (then) timeshare in NC.

Thanks for updating my memory!
(04-21-2012, 12:26 AM)digidoc664 Wrote: You're correct. I wasn't sure about disk size, thinking that they were without fraction, as the 3.25" "floppy" has. You're correct, also, about the motherboard being 64k and it using an 8080 processor.

I built my 1st 286 from a Heath kit - burning up a pencil soldering iron in the process. Fine tuning the yoke ring on the CRT was the most difficult part of the process for me, the other stuff was just a bit tedious. Even then, my wife needed to sleep late in the a.m. because of her progressing health issues, so I had plenty of time to work on it during a vacation at our (then) timeshare in NC.

It is kinda hard to believe the computers we casually carry these days, compared to those back then. I never built one in the early days as you did - it wasn't until late 90s I tried that. And by then, basically, no soldering or other real skills were required - just needed to know what went where, and how to plug them in. But still a lot of fun.

(04-21-2012, 07:28 AM)JumpStart Wrote:
(04-21-2012, 12:26 AM)digidoc664 Wrote: You're correct. I wasn't sure about disk size, thinking that they were without fraction, as the 3.25" "floppy" has. You're correct, also, about the motherboard being 64k and it using an 8080 processor.

It is kinda hard to believe the computers we casually carry these days, compared to those back then. I never built one in the early days as you did - it wasn't until late 90s I tried that. And by then, basically, no soldering or other real skills were required - just needed to know what went where, and how to plug them in. But still a lot of fun.

Hope you learned as much about computer architecture from your "building" experience as I did. As you, later experience with repair or upgrade meant inserting replacement parts. Currently, I might insert a memory integrated circuit or a battery, but that's all. [Actually, my wife grimaces and proceeds to some other activity when I do even minor SW maintenance on her netbook. She knows that it will take longer than "a few minutes" and that the result may cause her to adjust her user habits. She admires my tenacity in solving problems, but often wonders if the "problem" really needed a solution. (Sort of what brought me to this forum in the first place:grinSmile]
(04-21-2012, 03:33 PM)digidoc664 Wrote: ....Actually, my wife grimaces and proceeds to some other activity when I do even minor SW maintenance on her netbook. She knows that it will take longer than "a few minutes" and that the result may cause her to adjust her user habits. She admires my tenacity in solving problems, but often wonders if the "problem" really needed a solution. (Sort of what brought me to this forum in the first place:grinSmile]

I suspect, from your comment, that our wives may be kindred souls! And computers are not my primary interest, much less profession! Just so fascinating to work with - and so frustrating when they don't perform as I think they should. :grin:

why doesn't works with windows vista? SleepyHeads crashes each time!!
(04-26-2012, 09:01 AM)bastiaab Wrote: why doesn't works with windows vista? SleepyHeads crashes each time!!

welcome to the forum.

you have some other problem in your computer or your settings. i have winvista on my laptop and sleepyhead works perfect. no problems with anything about it. is it installed? does it "crash" while installing or while opening? do you get a message when it "crashes"?
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
(04-26-2012, 09:01 AM)bastiaab Wrote: why doesn't works with windows vista? SleepyHeads crashes each time!!

Trust the guidance people in this forum will share with you - most are experienced in using CPAP equipment in a wide range of configurations. Some will have valuable experience with SleepyHead SoftWare.

If all else fails with Win Vista (are you using 32bit or 64bit?), you might try the Win XP SP3 emulation mode. Although I don't use that configuration,now, I have used it successfully when having difficult with SH SW on my Win 7 64bit system.
(04-26-2012, 01:36 PM)digidoc664 Wrote:

Trust the guidance people in this forum will share with you - most are experienced in using CPAP equipment in a wide range of configurations. Some will have valuable experience with SleepyHead SoftWare.

If all else fails with Win Vista (are you using 32bit or 64bit?), you might try the Win XP SP3 emulation mode. Although I don't use that configuration,now, I have used it successfully when having difficult with SH SW on my Win 7 64bit system.

my winvista laptop is 32 bit. my wifes win7 laptop is 64 bit. sleepyhead works equally good on both.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another OSCAR cannot find data thread - with a twist. Cuppa 63 3,996 03-02-2023, 04:30 AM
Last Post: Cuppa
  OSCAR v1.3.0 is released [old archived thread] Gideon 36 7,521 02-07-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Looking for DreamStation 2 samples using 12mm heated tube [thread closed] sawinglogz 6 1,206 01-14-2022, 04:43 PM
Arrow ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions] SuperSleeper 1,109 1,649,265 08-25-2015, 07:10 PM
Information Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Jun-2014 thru Aug 2015] SuperSleeper 542 155,197 08-21-2015, 01:27 PM
Arrow EncoreBasic 2.4.8.0 CPAP Reporting Software [Archived read-only thread] EncoreBasic User 142 88,594 02-18-2015, 11:29 AM
Last Post: on the virge
  ResScan SW thread 2 -- runs on 64 bit OS? justMongo 6 3,372 05-18-2014, 11:07 PM
Last Post: herbm

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.