Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Jun-2014 thru Aug 2015]
RE: SleepyHead Software - Beginner's Guide, Questions, Answers & Discussion
I'm moving to a new computer and I'm having a lot of trouble bringing my data over. Previously I was using 0.9.3. Now all I can find is 0.9.8, and it won't accept my data folder. It keeps crashing when I try to point it to the folder with the .001 files etc.

Now I just tried 0.9.6, and it says "Software changes have been made that require the reimporting of this machine's data" and it says I have to purge. But I don't have the old SD cards, they've long since been wiped. The only backup of data I have is from the 0.9.3 data folder. So will I never be able to use this data with newer versions of SleepyHead? And does anyone still have a download link to 0.9.3 so I can access the data?
Since I upgraded to 9.6, the Sleepyhead Daily Details displays a wake up time one hour later than actual. The Sleep hour is correct but the erroneous Wake time results in an Hours value exactly one hour more than actual. A check of the LED on the S9 found that the Sleep Quality display is correct i.e. 6.4 hours versus the 7:24 displayed on Sleepyhead and the time of day is also correct.

So, I discovered the Session Information at the bottom of the Details display showed three sessions the last of which included the incorrect Wake time. I turned that session off with a click and the reporting error was corrected.

Anyone else observed this undocumented feature? I mean, I appreciate the extra hour of sleep but...

Maybe I should have stayed with 9.3. Should I try 9.8?
(10-17-2014, 05:12 AM)JimZZZ Wrote: Since I upgraded to 9.6, the Sleepyhead Daily Details displays a wake up time one hour later than actual. The Sleep hour is correct but the erroneous Wake time results in an Hours value exactly one hour more than actual. A check of the LED on the S9 found that the Sleep Quality display is correct i.e. 6.4 hours versus the 7:24 displayed on Sleepyhead and the time of day is also correct.

So, I discovered the Session Information at the bottom of the Details display showed three sessions the last of which included the incorrect Wake time. I turned that session off with a click and the reporting error was corrected.

Anyone else observed this undocumented feature? I mean, I appreciate the extra hour of sleep but...

Maybe I should have stayed with 9.3. Should I try 9.8?

Hi JimZZZ,
Yes, when I tried 0.9.6, I found that it was occasionally adding en extra session that frequently extended the sleep time by about an hour, thus corrupting the AHI calculation. I stopped using 0.9.6, and have now installed 0.9.8, which appears to be much better. 0.9.8 was able to read and convert the 0.9.6 data, and seems to have corrected the bogus sessions. When I get a little time, I'll expunge 0.9.6 entirely, and create a fresh profile in 0.9.8, and start re-importing (I have daily backup copies of the SD card images).

A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
(10-13-2014, 05:19 PM)wilsonintexas Wrote: I have been using sleepyhead version 9.3.0 for a while. I just upgraded to version 9.6 broken gl. I am running Windows 7 64 bit. I made a backup of the entire 9.3.0 file and can run it if needed. (I do follow a few instructions)

I had to erase all data on my S9 VPAP adapt (my profile has teh wrong maching, will fix it in a minute) to be able to re-set the date.

I have copies of the old data, including backup folders under the names like:
ResMed_22112017662/backup in it is a datalog folder

So the question, how can I load the old backup files into the current version of sleepyhead?

I did several searches and read most of this thread but did not see this topic covered.

I remember doing it once a long time ago, but do not remember how.

I have tried importing data/ differnt location, and selecting down to both the ResMed_22112017662 folder and the /backup folder
but it says that it can not see any sleepyhead data.

You should "point" sleepyhead at the folder 1 level above "DATALOG." If you copied it correctly, it should work. Did you copy the entire card, not just "DATALOG?" On mine, I see a number of files like STR.edf.

From SH, do the "import", go to the folder above ResMed_22112017662, single click on the ResMed... folder (don't open it, just highlight it) and then click on "choose." You could also open the ResMed... folder, not highlight anything, and click on "choose."
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
(10-17-2014, 05:15 PM)becker44a Wrote:
(10-17-2014, 05:12 AM)JimZZZ Wrote: Since I upgraded to 9.6, the Sleepyhead Daily Details displays a wake up time one hour later than actual.

Hi JimZZZ,
Yes, when I tried 0.9.6, I found that it was occasionally adding en extra session that frequently extended the sleep time by about an hour, thus corrupting the AHI calculation.

Thanks becker44a. I followed your suggestion and downloaded 9.8.1. It corrected the bogus extra session and erroneous AHI.

Thanks also to r_g for the tip on the missing msver120.dll. That was successfully corrected by downloading/executing vcredist.exe from Microsoft.

So...thanks to you guys, I am running 9.8.1 64 bit and so far it looks good!

WOW This is surly a in deep look BUT I was hoping to see more data on the other read outs..

Perhaps I am doing something wrong?

Please look this over and tell me what you see?

First is that I seem to have good numbers..yesterday my AHI was .80...

Yet I was not having a good day, I want and need to be a Energizer Bunny, and I should be but I was about 70% Zombie. I was unable to work...mind just was not sharp.

So something is not right.

And a number of readings I get from Sleepyhead seem to show something going on.

I fear that I am getting arousals that even thou I seem to be getting good sleep by the numbers I am not getting restorative sleep.

I wake up two to four times each night.

I guess I need a real Doctor's Sleep Apnea Training Manual..I think the answer might be in the readout but cannot really read them.

Like this:

[Image: Friday1_zps09662635.jpg]

Like what does all that gray in the flow rate mean??

And look at how the Mask Pressure is displayed...what is up with those two??

My take on my Pulse Rate and O2 numbers I think are great..o2 stays above 90% all night...

But then there is these:

[Image: Friday2_zpse1e94930.jpg]

It looks like a good read out I even have got my Breathing Rate down to a new low of 15 BPM by using a fixed BR OF 15BPM (used to be as high as 26 last year and was 17BPM just a couple of weeks ago..and to night I am reading even lower to 13 BPM, which is lower than my fixed rate of 14BPM...is that good or bad??

[Image: Sat1_zps4720275c.jpg]

But note the first sleep cycle is up and the second sleep cycle hit the bottom and stays there...is that good or bad??

Next and nearly last this:

[Image: Sat2_zpse9e4c598.png]

I cannot make heads or tails of these readouts...good or bad...The Tidal Volume Good or bad, looks funny...

Note the sleep sessions...what does Blue mean and the yellow in the sessions??

Last is this:

[Image: Sat4_zps89fd8101.jpg]

See how weird the Insp.Time and Exp.Time look...it looks wrong some how...is it??

So even with great AHI numbers it looks like something is going on..something that is preventing me from real restorative sleep..BUT I cannot tell what..

This is where we go deep into understanding what these readouts are trying to tell us...

IF I was the E.Bunny I would not question all of this but in spite of what seems to be great numbers I am still tired most of the time..

And if I did not have E.Bunny days every once in a while I would not believe they were possible BUT I DO have those E.Bunny days so it is possible...

And I hope I can make them happen more often.

Help me and you could really help all.

Thanks for your interest and help.

Rich
Hi racprops.
One's replies based on one's experience. I think you may be suffering from UARS (upper airway restriction syndrome) My sleepyhead data is very similar to yours. Low AHI made up mostly of hypopnoeas or flow restriction. If you go to a Sleep doc. most will tell you with such a low AHI, you have nothing to worry about, but I beg to differ. Like you I have low energy levels and daytime sleepiness with poor quality of life. I hope we can both do something to help this situation. When you visit your doc again, Ask about UARS. If your doc doesn't know about this syndrome, then explain it or change doctors. Good luck.
[Image: signature.png]Keep on breathin'
If you're having airway restrictions that are not severe enough to register as a hypopnea or apnea, then there are a couple of things you can do to see if they're causing problems. One is an oximeter, the other is a sleep study. These airway restrictions might be causing oxygen desats or arousals.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
(10-26-2014, 07:03 PM)Sleepster Wrote: If you're having airway restrictions that are not severe enough to register as a hypopnea or apnea, then there are a couple of things you can do to see if they're causing problems. One is an oximeter, the other is a sleep study. These airway restrictions might be causing oxygen desats or arousals.
Hi Sleepster,
Actually I do use a (PM50) recording oximeter on a regular basis & my desats do register as hypopneas. Charts show infrequent but regular desats down to 80+ but none for periods of more than a few seconds. My SPO2 is always low, between 90~93%, but my SH charts rarely indicate OSA. If SH does show OSA, then they are only short too the rest of the night is mostly hypopnoea. I get a couple of arousals some nights, none others. So I am leaning towards UARS as a diagnosis. This is a typical SPO2 record. taken over 6 hours from 2230hrs. Having taken zonk's advice I disabled "SensAwake" so now the yellow shows as deep blue in this SH chart.

[Image: signature.png]Keep on breathin'
And here is my o2/pulse readouts for Friday the bad night/next day...

Mine don't look as bad as yours:

See anything?

PS the breaks are when I wake up..

[Image: FridayO2_zpsb4e72d2a.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another OSCAR cannot find data thread - with a twist. Cuppa 63 3,991 03-02-2023, 04:30 AM
Last Post: Cuppa
  OSCAR v1.3.0 is released [old archived thread] Gideon 36 7,516 02-07-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Looking for DreamStation 2 samples using 12mm heated tube [thread closed] sawinglogz 6 1,205 01-14-2022, 04:43 PM
Arrow ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions] SuperSleeper 1,109 1,649,126 08-25-2015, 07:10 PM
  New ResScan Version 5.4.1 - updated June 19, 2015 [old version] SuperSleeper 3 9,318 07-21-2015, 03:58 PM
Last Post: spursfan1965
Idea Updates to SleepyHead [May 2015] SuperSleeper 21 7,363 06-26-2015, 04:45 PM
Last Post: Mark Douglas
Arrow EncoreBasic 2.4.8.0 CPAP Reporting Software [Archived read-only thread] EncoreBasic User 142 88,590 02-18-2015, 11:29 AM
Last Post: on the virge

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.