Apnea Board Facebook Editor
Monitors

Machine: Resmed S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Airfit P10 for Her
Humidifier: H5i humidifier with ClimateLine heated hose
CPAP Pressure: 8-15
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: diabetes II, Thyroidectomized, Primary Immune Deficiency, and the list goes on :P

Sex: Female

RE: SleepyHead Software - Beginner's Guide, Questions, Answers & Discussion
(12-30-2014 09:32 AM)Jamesxfce Wrote:  His is USB setup but i did transfer the information to my hard drive, when I get home and get a hold of a SD Card, I will try to import it that way, on a related note I was able to get it running via Windows Virtual Box, but the dates are completely sporadic, while he may not be using it every day, I doubt this machine is so good that it can tell when he is going to use it up until Oct 2016...

you checked the date/time setting on his cpap? that is weird....
12-30-2014 01:03 PM
Find all posts by this user

Donate to Apnea Board
Jamesxfce Offline

Members

Machine: Philips Respironics System One RemStar Auto with A-Flex (560P)
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed AirFit F10 Lrg
Humidifier: Philips Respironics
CPAP Pressure: 12

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

(12-30-2014 01:03 PM)DariaVader Wrote:  
(12-30-2014 09:32 AM)Jamesxfce Wrote:  His is USB setup but i did transfer the information to my hard drive, when I get home and get a hold of a SD Card, I will try to import it that way, on a related note I was able to get it running via Windows Virtual Box, but the dates are completely sporadic, while he may not be using it every day, I doubt this machine is so good that it can tell when he is going to use it up until Oct 2016...

you checked the date/time setting on his cpap? that is weird....

I'll call him and check out the date issue, I think it was a refurb/or reuse because some of the dates go way to far back, before he was even using it different pressure settings too.
12-30-2014 02:06 PM
DariaVader Offline
Apnea Board Facebook Editor
Monitors

Machine: Resmed S9 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: Airfit P10 for Her
Humidifier: H5i humidifier with ClimateLine heated hose
CPAP Pressure: 8-15

Other Comments: diabetes II, Thyroidectomized, Primary Immune Deficiency, and the list goes on :P

Sex: Female

(12-30-2014 02:06 PM)Jamesxfce Wrote:  I'll call him and check out the date issue, I think it was a refurb/or reuse because some of the dates go way to far back, before he was even using it different pressure settings too.

Might be worth doing a data wipe then and starting from fresh. The refurby guys shoulda done that!
12-30-2014 03:44 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Jamesxfce Offline

Members

Other Comments:

Yeah, they are more worried about getting out of the door more than if you are getting the right treatment, they never take my dads data in to check and see if his therapy is working. And it seems to not be as according to my mother, logs are still being cut (Read: Snoring)
12-30-2014 03:52 PM
quiescence at last Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: REMstar System One with Autoflex
Mask Make & Model: Quattro AirFit F10
Humidifier: yes typical setting = 4
CPAP Pressure: 5-13 Autotritrating CPAP
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: CMS-50F Plus oximeter /w SPO2 Assistant software. Avowed mouth-breather switching to nose-breathing

(12-30-2014 02:06 PM)Jamesxfce Wrote:  ... some of the dates go way too far back ...

ahah! this was one of the few primitive 1916 models. no wonder you are having trouble getting SH to read it. just add the {sharpened stick impression in clay} interface module, and recompile it. Laugh-a-lot

Dedicated to QALity sleep.
You'll note I am listed as an Advisory Member. I am honored to be listed as such. See the fine print - Advisory Members as a group provide advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies. Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
12-30-2014 05:33 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
novatom Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: 460 PR System One REMStar 60 Series Pro CPAP Machine
Mask Make & Model: Philips Nuance Pro
Humidifier: PR System One Heated Humdifier
CPAP Pressure: 6
CPAP Software: SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments: Professional journalist. Started CPAP on Jan. 1, 2015.

Trouble installing Sleepyhead
Every time I try to run the Sleepyhead software on my laptop, I get a message saying that it can't install because it's missing the "Qt5core.dll", although the file shows up in the folder after extracting from the zip file. I have to go back in and d/l and install it all over again. Anyone else have this problem and is there a workaround?

Thanks

PS: I apologize for not posting this in the appropriate thread. After seeing the main board, I attempted to delete this post and repost in the Sleepyhead thread but I couldn't delete it.
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2015 08:43 AM by novatom.)
01-04-2015 08:38 AM
Jamesxfce Offline

Members

Other Comments:

RE: Trouble installing Sleepyhead
(01-04-2015 08:38 AM)novatom Wrote:  Every time I try to run the Sleepyhead software on my laptop, I get a message saying that it can't install because it's missing the "Qt5core.dll", although the file shows up in the folder after extracting from the zip file. I have to go back in and d/l and install it all over again. Anyone else have this problem and is there a workaround?

Thanks

PS: I apologize for not posting this in the appropriate thread. After seeing the main board, I attempted to delete this post and repost in the Sleepyhead thread but I couldn't delete it.

I was getting that in the Virtual machine that i was running, you need to make sure it is the correct file (system32 for x86 and SysWow64 i think for the X86_64 bit systems) and just for good measure, make sure a copy is in with the programs data file, so that if it initiates a fall back for some reason, it can pull from its local directory. also run it under windows xp compatibility tends to help also.
01-04-2015 09:30 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Coroboree Offline

Members-b

Machine: Respironics System One
Mask Make & Model: Puritan Bennet Breeze Sleepgear
Humidifier: Resp System One Heated
CPAP Pressure: 5cm

Other Comments:

(12-28-2014 07:52 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:  Hi Tim,

JediMark runs the private, invitation-only SleepyHead Testing Forum here on Apnea Board for his group that helps with development and testing. I have re-posted your report in the bug report thread on that forum so that perhaps one of the developers or testers may see it and respond back here in this thread.

Thanks.

Coffee
Supersleeper: I would be happy to participate in testing, if invited.

I have been using Sleepyhead for 6 months, but I am still not happy with Daily Graphs in terms of selected vertical scale parameter labeling, nor with scale divisions and ranges. Also, my By Pressure graph runs from 4.5 to 7.5 cm, although I have a constant pressure of 6 cm (water), so this graph is not really applicable to my CPAP.

For Leak Rate I have 2 parallel graphs 22 units apart. The vertical axis has every fourth index marked by increments of 11, so each increment is 11/4 of a Litre/Min! I would like to see the vertical axes given sensible labels, with dimensional units specified (perhaps on a second line)! The increments should be integer numbers (or decimal fractions of integers, ie to conform with scientific practice. The Snore label is apparently Snore Volume in unspecified units, again with an awkward scale.

The Tidal Volume has a maximum range of 5950 mL (sic) although a typical value is 292.3 mL. So the graph line only occupies a small part of this range. There is a spike that is almost 4740.0 mL, although the green cursor reads the value as 484.96

There are some unlabelled user controls for the display (at the bottom of the page), which I am not quite sure how they work, but look like they could be useful to customize the display.

These remarks, although criticisms, are meant to be helpful in increasing the utility of what are very complex and revealing displays. My expectation is that they will be ignored. However I remain available for dialog, and would be happy to submit suggested improvements as relate to my specific graphs, as examples that may need adjustment to fit the complete range of graphs applicable to current users.
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2015 12:57 PM by Coroboree.)
01-05-2015 12:48 PM
Crimson Nape Offline

Monitors

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Other
Mask Make & Model: P-10 / F&P Simplus / DreamWear
Humidifier: H5i w/Climateline
CPAP Pressure: 8 - EPR 3

Other Comments: CMS-50F & 50IW

(01-05-2015 12:48 PM)Coroboree Wrote:  Supersleeper: I would be happy to participate in testing, if invited.

I have been using Sleepyhead for 6 months, but I am still not happy with Daily Graphs in terms of selected vertical scale parameter labeling, nor with scale divisions and ranges. Also, my By Pressure graph runs from 4.5 to 7.5 cm, although I have a constant pressure of 6 cm (water), so this graph is not really applicable to my CPAP.

For Leak Rate I have 2 parallel graphs 22 units apart. The vertical axis has every fourth index marked by increments of 11, so each increment is 11/4 of a Litre/Min! I would like to see the vertical axes given sensible labels, with dimensional units specified (perhaps on a second line)! The increments should be integer numbers (or decimal fractions of integers, ie to conform with scientific practice. The Snore label is apparently Snore Volume in unspecified units, again with an awkward scale.

The Tidal Volume has a maximum range of 5950 mL (sic) although a typical value is 292.3 mL. So the graph line only occupies a small part of this range. There is a spike that is almost 4740.0 mL, although the green cursor reads the value as 484.96

There are some unlabelled user controls for the display (at the bottom of the page), which I am not quite sure how they work, but look like they could be useful to customize the display.

These remarks, although criticisms, are meant to be helpful in increasing the utility of what are very complex and revealing displays. My expectation is that they will be ignored. However I remain available for dialog, and would be happy to submit suggested improvements as relate to my specific graphs, as examples that may need adjustment to fit the complete range of graphs applicable to current users.

What version are you running? I don't see what you're describing in v9.9.8.1-testing.

Statistics prove that people who have more birthdays live longer.
01-05-2015 01:37 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

(01-05-2015 12:48 PM)Coroboree Wrote:  Supersleeper: I would be happy to participate in testing, if invited.

See JediMark's info on this here (scroll down to the "Latest News" section where it reads "Secret Beta Stuff":

http://www.sleepfiles.com/SH/

If you meet the criteria, send JediMark a PM (Private Message). I'm not sure he's available these days since he's got other things going on, so it may be a long time before he's able to answer you.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

01-05-2015 04:01 PM
Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Arrow ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions] SuperSleeper 1,109 484,194 08-25-2015 07:10 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Idea Updates to SleepyHead [May 2015] SuperSleeper 21 3,391 06-26-2015 04:45 PM
Last Post: Mark Douglas
Arrow EncoreBasic 2.4.8.0 CPAP Reporting Software [Archived read-only thread] EncoreBasic User 142 53,863 02-18-2015 11:29 AM
Last Post: on the virge
Information Archived SleepyHead Discussions [Q&A Thread from Sep-2011 thru May 2014] SuperSleeper 484 172,587 05-28-2014 12:23 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper