Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Jun-2014 thru Aug 2015]
RE: SleepyHead Software - Beginner's Guide, Questions, Answers & Discussion
The version I have is the only version I've ever had. I only began CPAP this last November, and downloaded Sleepyhead within a few days.

I may be overly optimistic as to how fast Mark can develop this stuff.
JediMark is having health issues so I suspect it might be a while before development starts up again in earnest.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Hello,
I am new to these forums. I have moderate sleep apnea and have been using a dental appliance. I think it works pretty good but I am tired during the day. That could be from something else though.

I was interested in checking my O2 levels and so got a CMS50D+ oximeter.
I downloaded Sleepyhead, put in the driver (Macbook Pro osx 10.8) and it says it has imported the data.
However it doesn't let me save and continue.

Can I see just oximeter data without attaching it to cpap data? I have no cpap data.

Maybe someone on here can tell me what might be the problem.

Thanks,

(01-26-2015, 05:12 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: JediMark is having health issues so I suspect it might be a while before development starts up again in earnest.

I am sorry to here that, and hope that he recovers. Without being personally critical, I have stated before that I think the labeling of the SH graphs as displayed on screen are deficient. To summarize:
1. The Y axis (Ordinate) labels are not well chosen for precisely defining the variable displayed, nor its (SI) units.
2. The scale divisions do not allow for easy interpolation (i.e. do not adhere to scientific standards of being multiples of 1, 2, 5 only).
3. The accuracy is not displayed, although Philips Respironics do provide data accuracy.
4. The precise value at a point is provided by the Green Cursor, point by point, but the display is a transitory single time point.
5. I have just printed a current copy of the graphs for my doctor, and the units are not displayed at all in the printout, so I have to annotate each graph.
6. In my case, I use a constant pressure (6) but there is a "pressure" graph showing variables for pressures over a range of 4.5 to 7.5 - this may be a System One data report, but this graph is obviously nonsense, and there is an easy way to omit it in any print out.

I have another problem with the Board software: I get an email with a link to the board. If I open the link, I am taken to some relevant posting. But I cannot reply to this posting, and get an error saying that I am not logged in. When I then log in, I am taken to a completely different posting on a different thread, so I think when I follow a link, and then have to log in, I think that I should be returned to the original flagged posting, and not somewhere else on a different thread.

As noted above, I do not intend personal criticism of anyone or any group. I merely point out deficiencies that I see for consideration and acceptance, or rejection. I will not be upset if someone has a different opinion, as they could be offering an improved resolution of my comments.
(02-07-2015, 01:20 PM)Coroboree Wrote:
(01-26-2015, 05:12 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: JediMark is having health issues so I suspect it might be a while before development starts up again in earnest.

I am sorry to hear that, and hope that he recovers soon.

Without being personally critical, I have stated before that I think the labeling of the SH graphs as displayed on screen are deficient.

To summarize my scales:
1. The Y axis (Ordinate) labels are not well chosen for precisely defining the variable displayed, nor its (SI) units.
2. The scale divisions do not allow for easy interpolation (i.e. do not adhere to scientific standards of being multiples of 1, 2, 5 only).
3. The accuracy is not displayed, although Philips Respironics do provide data accuracy.
4. The precise value at a point is provided by the Green Cursor, point by point, but the display is a transitory single time point.
5. I have just printed a current copy of the graphs for my doctor, and the units are not displayed at all in the printout, so I have to annotate each graph.
6. In my case, I use a constant pressure (6) but there is a "pressure" graph showing variables for pressures over a range of 4.5 to 7.5 - this may be a System One data report, but this graph is obviously nonsense, and there is an easy way to omit it in any print out.

I have another problem with the Board software: I get an email with a link to the board. If I open the link, I am taken to some relevant posting. But I cannot reply to this posting, and get an error saying that I am not logged in. When I then log in, I am taken to a completely different posting on a different thread, so I think when I follow a link, and then have to log in, I think that I should be returned to the original flagged posting, and not somewhere else on a different thread.

As noted above, I do not intend personal criticism of anyone or any group. I merely point out deficiencies that I see for consideration and acceptance, or rejection. I will not be upset if someone has a different opinion, as they could be offering an improved resolution of my comments.

Since the above, I have now finish annotation, and find:

For Flow rate graph, each division is 36/4 = 9 Liters/minute
For Pressure graph, each division is 1/4 = 0.25 cm H20, not pascals
For Leak Rate, each division is 13/4 = 3.25 Liters/minute
For Snore (volume), each division is 0.5/4 = 0.125 - the units are not specified as to whether they are volume of air, or loudness.
For Resp Rate, each division is 6/4 = 1.5 breaths/minute
For Tidal Volume, each division is 830/4 = 207.5 mL (not Liters!).
For Minute Vent., each division is 19/4 = 4.75 Liters/minute.
For Insp.Time, each division is 6/4 = 1.5 seconds.
For Exp. Time, each division is 1/4 = 0.25 seconds
For AHI, each division is 8/4 = 2 events/hour, or perhaps 2 min, or 2hr total time.
For AHI, each division is 2.2/4 = 0.55 events per unspecified time interval.
For Usage, each division is 4/4 = 1 hour.
For Pressure (again), each division is 2.0/4 = 0.5 cm H2O (not pascals).
For Session Times, each division is 7/4 = 1hr, 45 min.
For Total Time in Apnea, each division is 6/4 = 1.5 minutes.
For Leak Rate, each division is 30/4 = 7.5 unspecified units.
For CSR, each division is 1/4 = 0.25% of session time.
For Total Volume, each division is 1760/4 = 440 unspecified volume of air displaced each breath.
For Minute Vent, each division is 37/4 = 9.25 unspecified units displaced each minute.
For Respiratory Rate, each division is 10/4 = 2.5 breaths/minute.
For Large Leak, each division is 2.2/4 = 0.55% of (session) time in the state of Large Leak.

Note: These are my scales - yours may be different.

I am suggesting that the names of the variables, and the size of the divisions could rationalized for precision, clarity, and ease of interpretation and use.
(02-07-2015, 01:20 PM)Coroboree Wrote: I have another problem with the Board software:

Hi Coroboree, no worries about offending anyone! You're experiencing issues and we want to know about them so they can be fixed if possible. Coffee

On the forum software, I've not heard anyone else report this bug, but perhaps others here have had this problem too... if anyone has, please send me a PM about it, describing any issues you've had.. I'd like to see if this is an isolated "burp" in the software or a larger problem we need to address. Our forum software is definitely not perfect and I'm not a developer, so much of the tweaks to our software is done using what little programming knowledge and scripting that I have. At some point, we're probably going to move to a more robust forum software package, at which time I would hope that bugs like what you've reported will be minimized.

Regarding the SleepyHead issues, this is good feedback to have. I went ahead and copied your concerns into the bug reporting thread in the private SleepyHead Testing Forum here on Apnea Board, and when JediMark and his group of beta testers start fixing stuff in the future, they can be alerted to these issues.

Also, if you will send me a PM to let me know what SleepyHead version you're running and on what Operating System, I can paste that into the bug reporting thread as well. That type of info is usually helpful.

Thanks again for the constructive feedback!

Smile
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

I'm running version 0.9.8.1-testing on 2 different computers and allow each one to download the CPAP data separately. Recently I noticed that on certain days, on both computers, that when I print the Daily report an additional Flow Rate chart will appear, a total of 2 Flow Rate charts. One is labeled; "Entire Day's Flow Waveform" and the other is labeled; "Current Selection". I doesn't show up on the screen, only in the printout. This occurs only once in awhile and occurs on both computers for the same day. I am looking at the complete day. I haven't found any setting in Preferences that would trip this option.

Here is a sample:
[Image: 0Ucs6hb.jpg]
Any ideas are welcome.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

I have recently started cpap therapy with Resmed Airsense 10/Heated Hose and use SoClean 2.
My system has the built in reporting (to MD) system that I can look at on line each morning but I prefer to look at the greater detail offered by Sleephead software. My question is if I pull the SD card out of the cpap to take it to the separate location where sleepyhead is located will that prevent the automatic sending of the data to Resmed and MD? Another related question is: if pulling the card in the am hinders the auto sending of the data to Resmed/MD is there a predictable time that the auto send is performed so that I can pull the SD card after the send to use with Sleephead? Thanks!
(02-13-2015, 12:43 PM)Montreat Wrote: I have recently started cpap therapy with Resmed Airsense 10/Heated Hose and use SoClean 2.
My system has the built in reporting (to MD) system that I can look at on line each morning but I prefer to look at the greater detail offered by Sleephead software. My question is if I pull the SD card out of the cpap to take it to the separate location where sleepyhead is located will that prevent the automatic sending of the data to Resmed and MD? Another related question is: if pulling the card in the am hinders the auto sending of the data to Resmed/MD is there a predictable time that the auto send is performed so that I can pull the SD card after the send to use with Sleephead? Thanks!

Welcome to the forum.

I don't think that if you remove the SD card and replace it in a reasonable time frame (< 1 hour) it should be a problem. Hopefully the 'shrooms at Resmed programmed the transmission to repeat in the event of a transmission failure. If I was the one coding this function , I would probably look for an event, like you turning the machine off over a certain length of time, to initiate a data upload. They would need to address something like a possible power failure as well. I wouldn't worry about it. If anyone says anything about it to you . . . . well power outages happen.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

The only thing being transmitted is compliance data, and that is not reliant on the SD card.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another OSCAR cannot find data thread - with a twist. Cuppa 63 3,996 03-02-2023, 04:30 AM
Last Post: Cuppa
  OSCAR v1.3.0 is released [old archived thread] Gideon 36 7,522 02-07-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Looking for DreamStation 2 samples using 12mm heated tube [thread closed] sawinglogz 6 1,207 01-14-2022, 04:43 PM
Arrow ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions] SuperSleeper 1,109 1,649,282 08-25-2015, 07:10 PM
  New ResScan Version 5.4.1 - updated June 19, 2015 [old version] SuperSleeper 3 9,323 07-21-2015, 03:58 PM
Last Post: spursfan1965
Idea Updates to SleepyHead [May 2015] SuperSleeper 21 7,370 06-26-2015, 04:45 PM
Last Post: Mark Douglas
Arrow EncoreBasic 2.4.8.0 CPAP Reporting Software [Archived read-only thread] EncoreBasic User 142 88,595 02-18-2015, 11:29 AM
Last Post: on the virge

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.