Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Jun-2014 thru Aug 2015]
RE: SleepyHead Software - Beginner's Guide, Questions, Answers & Discussion
(05-12-2015, 05:21 PM)rstaylor27577 Wrote: Thanks sgearhart for the information. I have researched in the manual but it does not address the 'compliance only' issue. It states that the 'detailed data' is available by both SD card and by wireless connection to ResSev software. It mentions therapy mode once but I haven't seen a setting to change the data stored/mode. Should the 'detailed data' be viewable in the sleepyhead software as well as ResServ?

Sleepyhead provides very detailed data. Sleepyhead is free and well documented.

Here are the links to help you:
Software download:
http://www.sleepfiles.com/SH2/?TestingVersions

SleepyHead Guide:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...Discussion

SleepyHead Basic Data Interpretation:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...9#pid73189

SleepyHead Tricks and Shortcuts:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...7#pid73587

I'm not familiar with the ResServ software. It might be the remote software that Resmed sells to DME's. The Resmed local analytical software is named ResScan. I have both but rarely use ResScan. It doesn't seem as detailed as Sleepyhead.

You have been mentioning "Compliance". Normally to be in compliance, you need to use your xPAP a minimum of 4 hours a day and have an overall percentage of use of 77%. I have no idea where they came up with that number.

Good Luck!

Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
(05-12-2015, 05:21 PM)rstaylor27577 Wrote: Thanks sgearhart for the information. I have researched in the manual but it does not address the 'compliance only' issue.

Well, it does, but you have to know what you're looking for to find it. Enter the Clinician's Menu and change a setting. I think it's called "Sleep Quality" and you have to set it to "On".
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Minor updates to SleepyHead have been completed.

From this thread, quoted:

SuperSleeper Wrote:The SleepyHead Beta Testing Team has now completed some minor updates on the Interim SleepyHead Download Page, here:

http://www.SleepFiles.com/SH2/

From the changelog page:

Quote:5-21-2015 Version change to Testing-0.9.8.1-T3:
This non-critical repackaging includes updated language translation files. Not necessary to update unless you want the latest and greatest non-English versions of SleepyHead.

Here's what was done:

1. All the non-English translations files for both Windows and Mac versions have been updated. These new translations files have now been integrated into the new program files and have the new "T3" ending. The "T3" in the version numbering stands for "Translation update 3". For those who simply want to upgrade your translations files only, you can find them here.

2. The Windows zip files have been re-worked to eliminate an extra redundant (and unnecessary) directory level, and the directory naming was fixed to be more consistent (the naming was different between 32 and 64 bit versions).

3. Two new alternative self-extracting ".exe" Windows files have been created for Windows users who may have trouble extracting the zip files [due to Microsoft's new "feature" which makes the zip files look like regular folders]. These files have utilized the new "T3" translations files. The zip files remain on the SleepyHead Interim Download Page as the primary download file type, but these two new .exe files are also available: (32 bit exe here and 64 bit exe here). These exe file links are not currently being published on the download page, but can easily be posted on the forums for those who prefer this method.

In all these files, nothing has changed as far as the actual SH program itself. It's still the 0.9.8-1-T3-testing version.

The exe file links and other changes are listed on the SH changelog page.

The SleepyHead Interim Download Page has now been updated with the new T3 files.

As always, if anyone has any suggestions, opinions, sees any problems, or whatever... please post here to let everyone know.

Thanks

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

I've been using sleepy head for a few days. I have read a bunch of the replies in the thread including instructions in the beginning. I have not read all 44 pages so I don't know if this has been addressed. I am running on windows 8.1 and loading from an AirCurve 10. Sleepy head does not read my PS setting correctly and outputs a very large nonsense number. It reports my average pressure as 0.0 and a small % time "large leak" as 120 (chart limit). The detailed data graphs look correct. I have worked to get my leaks to a very low level and find no sigularity on the leak graph that would generate the 120 reading the summary is reporting. Any insights?
ResScan summaries do not show these issues.
(05-23-2015, 08:57 AM)MobileBasset Wrote: I am running on windows 8.1 and loading from an AirCurve 10. Sleepy head does not read my PS setting correctly and outputs a very large nonsense number. It reports my average pressure as 0.0 and a small % time "large leak" as 120 (chart limit). The detailed data graphs look correct. I have worked to get my leaks to a very low level and find no sigularity on the leak graph that would generate the 120 reading the summary is reporting. Any insights?

I just installed it on a brand new windows 8.1 system and I have not noticed any of the problems you indicated. So I don't think it's likely that it is Windows 8.1 causing the problem. I do have a different machine from the same manufacturer though.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

(05-23-2015, 01:10 PM)eseedhouse Wrote:
(05-23-2015, 08:57 AM)MobileBasset Wrote: I am running on windows 8.1 and loading from an AirCurve 10. Sleepy head does not read my PS setting correctly and outputs a very large nonsense number. It reports my average pressure as 0.0 and a small % time "large leak" as 120 (chart limit). The detailed data graphs look correct. I have worked to get my leaks to a very low level and find no sigularity on the leak graph that would generate the 120 reading the summary is reporting. Any insights?

I just installed it on a brand new windows 8.1 system and I have not noticed any of the problems you indicated. So I don't think it's likely that it is Windows 8.1 causing the problem. I do have a different machine from the same manufacturer though.

Ed,
You're showing an AirSense in your profile and MobileBasset is using an AirCurve. I've seen other posts about funky numbers from the AirCurve and SH. Did your install on the W8.1 include an AirCurve ?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

I am using a S9 VPAP Auto and I have had that problem with my IPAP, EPAP, and PS when I was running in auto mode. If I remember correctly, Sleepyhead gave me real numbers when I was operating in S mode. I ignored the problem and what corrected it was when I upgraded to the newer version of Sleepyhead.

I do not think that I had a problem with my pressure statistics but them I have paid little attention to that statistic. I am more interested in the pressure graph.

I am a little confused concerning your % time in large leak being 120. I do not understand that number at all.

I think that I would be tempted to completely delete your Sleepyhead and re-install it or simply up grade it if that is a possibility. Someone else may know more about the Sleepyhead numbers.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Hi I am having issues with sleepyhead . The app freezes up when trying to download the data from the SD card . I have used both open and broken GL . It will work sometimes . The small box opens up to download goes to 99% then freezes. Running win 7 . Thanks in advance. Also I make sure the E: drive shows up on explorer before starting sleepyHead.
(05-25-2015, 09:16 AM)P-Bar Wrote: Hi I am having issues with sleepyhead . The app freezes up when trying to download the data from the SD card . I have used both open and broken GL . It will work sometimes . The small box opens up to download goes to 99% then freezes. Running win 7 . Thanks in advance. Also I make sure the E: drive shows up on explorer before starting sleepyHead.

OK I figured it out seemed to be a problem with the I/O on the motherboard . Works great
(05-23-2015, 08:57 AM)MobileBasset Wrote: I've been using sleepy head for a few days. I have read a bunch of the replies in the thread including instructions in the beginning. I have not read all 44 pages so I don't know if this has been addressed. I am running on windows 8.1 and loading from an AirCurve 10. Sleepy head does not read my PS setting correctly and outputs a very large nonsense number. It reports my average pressure as 0.0 and a small % time "large leak" as 120 (chart limit). The detailed data graphs look correct. I have worked to get my leaks to a very low level and find no sigularity on the leak graph that would generate the 120 reading the summary is reporting. Any insights?
There are some issues with SleepyHead and some of the newer AirCurve models noted. It is not related to the OS, but to Sleephead itself and has been reported by a number of people. Needs adjustments to be made by Mark.
[size=x-small]Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) BiLevel Auto

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another OSCAR cannot find data thread - with a twist. Cuppa 63 3,995 03-02-2023, 04:30 AM
Last Post: Cuppa
  OSCAR v1.3.0 is released [old archived thread] Gideon 36 7,521 02-07-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Looking for DreamStation 2 samples using 12mm heated tube [thread closed] sawinglogz 6 1,205 01-14-2022, 04:43 PM
Arrow ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions] SuperSleeper 1,109 1,649,238 08-25-2015, 07:10 PM
  New ResScan Version 5.4.1 - updated June 19, 2015 [old version] SuperSleeper 3 9,323 07-21-2015, 03:58 PM
Last Post: spursfan1965
Idea Updates to SleepyHead [May 2015] SuperSleeper 21 7,364 06-26-2015, 04:45 PM
Last Post: Mark Douglas
Arrow EncoreBasic 2.4.8.0 CPAP Reporting Software [Archived read-only thread] EncoreBasic User 142 88,593 02-18-2015, 11:29 AM
Last Post: on the virge

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.