Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Jun-2014 thru Aug 2015]
RE: SleepyHead question
(09-06-2014, 04:21 PM)troykajoe Wrote: I recently downloaded and installed SleepyHead. Great software! It worked great every time until just a couple of days ago. Now when I try to download the data from the SD card, the program freezes and stops working at about 98% complete. If I close the program and restart it, the data is there and it works fine.

The computer is pre-Windows 8 (Windows 7 Home Premium) and it did work fine a number of times previously.

Any thoughts?

I think jedimark has fixed that bug in the not yet released version of the software, assuming you're having the same problem I was having.

If you run into problems like this, sometimes it will go away if you create a new profile.

Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
RE: SleepyHead Software - Beginner's Guide, Questions, Answers & Discussion
Does Sleepyhead download multiple days at a time or do I need to download daily? I tried to download 9/6 and 9/7 data last night but it would only download 9/7. Am I doing something wrong?
RE: SleepyHead question
(09-06-2014, 04:21 PM)troykajoe Wrote: I recently downloaded and installed SleepyHead. Great software! It worked great every time until just a couple of days ago. Now when I try to download the data from the SD card, the program freezes and stops working at about 98% complete. If I close the program and restart it, the data is there and it works fine.
The computer is pre-Windows 8 (Windows 7 Home Premium) and it did work fine a number of times previously.
Any thoughts?
Hi , I had the same problem with Win7. It seems to come & go. I just re-boot my machine & then it imports data again. Waiting for jedimark's next version.
[Image: signature.png]Keep on breathin'
(09-02-2014, 06:33 PM)Auto Trim Quebec Wrote: I have a Fisher Paykel Sleepstyle 200 APAP.
I removed the memory stick, but my computer doesn't have the right type of slot to take it.
So: What do I need (an adapter)? What program will I use to read my data?
If your memory stick is an SD card, you will need an SD card reader which fits into your USB port. These are available from computer shops as well as eBay for around $2. F&P InfoSmart (available from this site) will read your data from your card, however you may need to obtain a letter from your doctor so that F&P will install this package on your computer for you. Otherwise the software simply directs you to your sleep doc. This thread explains it all rather well.
[Image: signature.png]Keep on breathin'
Jedimark - thanks so much for your software - I'm a relatively new user (1 month) and it's helped me immensely manage my own therapy/see how things have gone each night.

I'm still doing a trial and considering the Airsense 10 for her - any idea when this model will be compatible with sleepyhead? I know that ResMed comes with software, but we only have Macs at home so that doesn't help me. I'd be lost without the software and don't want to buy a machine that's not compatible.

Thanks!

Karen
Hi everyone, my name is Jed and I started on the CPAP AirSence 10 Thursday 11 September 2014. I am convinced my sleep has improved and I require less sleep as a result of the machine.

I have already figured how to access the clinician menu and feel like I am breaking into the candy store.

Reasion for my post is I just downloaded SleepyHead for the MAC and it keeps crashing when I try to import data from the SD Card

Any thoughts?

I am using a 2010 MacBook Pro 2.66 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo with 4GB 1067 Mhz DDR3 RAM.

I choose file -> import data and I get a message "CPAP Datacard structures were located at the following location" I click Yes and the data startes to import then the application quits
(09-18-2014, 05:48 AM)randaltoys Wrote: Hi everyone, my name is Jed and I started on the CPAP AirSence 10 Thursday 11 September 2014. I am convinced my sleep has improved and I require less sleep as a result of the machine.

I have already figured how to access the clinician menu and feel like I am breaking into the candy store.

Reasion for my post is I just downloaded SleepyHead for the MAC and it keeps crashing when I try to import data from the SD Card

Any thoughts?

I am using a 2010 MacBook Pro 2.66 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo with 4GB 1067 Mhz DDR3 RAM.

I choose file -> import data and I get a message "CPAP Datacard structures were located at the following location" I click Yes and the data startes to import then the application quits
Hi randaltoys
SH is not ready for AirSense yet but should be soon
We have ResScan but ResScan windows only and does not works with Mac
(09-18-2014, 05:48 AM)randaltoys Wrote: Hi everyone, my name is Jed and I started on the CPAP AirSence 10 Thursday 11 September 2014. I am convinced my sleep has improved and I require less sleep as a result of the machine.

Any thoughts?

Jed, you have a new machine, and your using and old software release...
When 0.9.6 test builds were created, I didn't even know the AirSense existed.

Turns out you can't simply plug in a brand new data format to SleepyHead and hope it works.. Some poor git of a programmer (me) has to first spend weeks desperately collecting data from all over the place, and then handcrafting and perfecting a new/updated importer. Coffee

As luck would have it though, a generous benefactor snuck me a AirSense 10 machine so I could greatly accelerate work on it, so I'm glad to report in the current git sourcecode, it's is working extremely well.. Big Grin

I'm working extremely hard towards getting a new public beta ready in the next couple of weeks... there's a lot of fiddly little bugs still left for me to iron out in the new version.

But if you want a sneak peak before then your going to need to build form sourcecode (Requiring XCode from appstore + QtSDK from Qt-project.org, both free, but fairly huge downloads)
Yay jedimark! So excited to hear that there will be a sleepyhead release for this machine in the next couple of weeks - I'm hoping to get one myself and only have a Mac so knowing the software is coming, is AWESOME!!

Thanks so much for creating SleepHead - it's made this journey so much more understandable.
you rock, thankyou count me in the trial

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another OSCAR cannot find data thread - with a twist. Cuppa 63 3,996 03-02-2023, 04:30 AM
Last Post: Cuppa
  OSCAR v1.3.0 is released [old archived thread] Gideon 36 7,522 02-07-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Looking for DreamStation 2 samples using 12mm heated tube [thread closed] sawinglogz 6 1,207 01-14-2022, 04:43 PM
Arrow ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions] SuperSleeper 1,109 1,649,296 08-25-2015, 07:10 PM
  New ResScan Version 5.4.1 - updated June 19, 2015 [old version] SuperSleeper 3 9,323 07-21-2015, 03:58 PM
Last Post: spursfan1965
Idea Updates to SleepyHead [May 2015] SuperSleeper 21 7,371 06-26-2015, 04:45 PM
Last Post: Mark Douglas
Arrow EncoreBasic 2.4.8.0 CPAP Reporting Software [Archived read-only thread] EncoreBasic User 142 88,599 02-18-2015, 11:29 AM
Last Post: on the virge

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.