Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Jun-2014 thru Aug 2015]
RE: SleepyHead Software - Beginner's Guide, Questions, Answers & Discussion
It is enough if everything is working well. Zonk uses that for his daily checks and only checks the graphs every once in a while (I think).

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
I found it interesting that, though the overall AHI was low, all events happened within half an hour. I increased the pressure just a bit, and it was gone.
I have been searching for a while now here and other places, but can't figure out a couple of things:

1) My machine is a S9 Autoset, and SH has an event flag area labeled simply "A", which never has anything in it. What does "A" refer to?

2) What does "Minute Vent" refer to, and what is the significance?
(10-01-2014, 08:38 PM)TyroneShoes Wrote: I have been searching for a while now here and other places, but can't figure out a couple of things:

1) My machine is a S9 Autoset, and SH has an event flag area labeled simply "A", which never has anything in it. What does "A" refer to?

2) What does "Minute Vent" refer to, and what is the significance?

A is an Unclassified Apnea, which neither fits the pattern of an Obstructive or Central event, but is still a cessation of breathing nonetheless.

Each data point in the Minute Vent (short for Minute Ventilation) graph shows the amount of air displaced (in Litres) by your lungs in the previous minute, which is calculated looking at the Tidal Volumes of each breath within that period.

Tidal volume (shown in millilitres) is also looking at air displacement, but from the perspective of each breath instead of a fixed time period... It's basically an average of the area between the zero line and the top, and bottom sections of the breath in the flow waveform.
(10-01-2014, 08:38 PM)TyroneShoes Wrote: 1) My machine is a S9 Autoset, and SH has an event flag area labeled simply "A", which never has anything in it. What does "A" refer to?
From http://www.resmed.com/content/dam/resmed...er_eng.pdf

Unknown Apnea: An unknown apnea is an apnea during which a leak higher than 30 L/min occurs, precluding accurate determination of whether the apnea is obstructive or central

(10-01-2014, 11:32 PM)zonk Wrote:
(10-01-2014, 08:38 PM)TyroneShoes Wrote: 1) My machine is a S9 Autoset, and SH has an event flag area labeled simply "A", which never has anything in it. What does "A" refer to?
From http://www.resmed.com/content/dam/resmed...er_eng.pdf

Unknown Apnea: An unknown apnea is an apnea during which a leak higher than 30 L/min occurs, precluding accurate determination of whether the apnea is obstructive or central

I like that explanation much better Smile

Edit: I just changed SleepyHead's channel description for Unknown Apnea, and reworded the above to a slightly more generic form:
"an apnea that couldn't be determined as Central or Obstructive, due to excessive leakage interfering with the classification process."

sleepyhead
I down loaded the latest version of sleepy head and when I opened the cpap data file that I had been using with the down version it worked fine for about 10 min. The screen flashed and all I could see was the data from the last four days. I tried loading from the sd card but still only get 4days. Res med still has the full 18 days and I haven't tried to reload the file there because I am not sure I didn't mess us the file on the cd card. I know this is probably not the right place for this comment but I am very new and haven't got the process down yet. I tried to leave a message at sleepyhead but they wouldn't let me.
I would appreciate any help. I have been using the older version and like it very much.
Pogo
RE: sleepyhead
(10-06-2014, 05:26 PM)pogo84 Wrote: I down loaded the latest version of sleepy head and when I opened the cpap data file that I had been using with the down version it worked fine for about 10 min.

Pogo, I moved your post here to this SleepyHead thread so it gets the attention it deserves.

You may wish to tell folks what version of SleepyHead you're using and what operating system you have on your computer (Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Mac OSX, Linux or whatever). That would help folks to help you.

The official SleepyHead current version is here:
http://www.sleepfiles.com/SH/

The testing version is here:
http://www.sleepfiles.com/SH/index.html?TestingVersions

JediMark is due to release a brand new version soon as well.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

If you get a message about MSVCR120.dll missing, you can get it by downloading and installing the following package from Microsoft.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/...x?id=40784

This will presumably be fixed in the next release.

(credit to Galactus)
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
RE: sleepyhead
(10-06-2014, 05:26 PM)pogo84 Wrote: I down loaded the latest version of sleepy head and when I opened the cpap data file that I had been using with the down version it worked fine for about 10 min. The screen flashed and all I could see was the data from the last four days. I tried loading from the sd card but still only get 4days. Res med still has the full 18 days and I haven't tried to reload the file there because I am not sure I didn't mess us the file on the cd card. I know this is probably not the right place for this comment but I am very new and haven't got the process down yet. I tried to leave a message at sleepyhead but they wouldn't let me.
I would appreciate any help. I have been using the older version and like it very much. I am using windows 7 with IE 11 I had downloaded the latest version 9.8 of the sleepyhead software.
Pogo

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another OSCAR cannot find data thread - with a twist. Cuppa 63 3,995 03-02-2023, 04:30 AM
Last Post: Cuppa
  OSCAR v1.3.0 is released [old archived thread] Gideon 36 7,521 02-07-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Looking for DreamStation 2 samples using 12mm heated tube [thread closed] sawinglogz 6 1,206 01-14-2022, 04:43 PM
Arrow ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions] SuperSleeper 1,109 1,649,255 08-25-2015, 07:10 PM
  New ResScan Version 5.4.1 - updated June 19, 2015 [old version] SuperSleeper 3 9,323 07-21-2015, 03:58 PM
Last Post: spursfan1965
Idea Updates to SleepyHead [May 2015] SuperSleeper 21 7,366 06-26-2015, 04:45 PM
Last Post: Mark Douglas
Arrow EncoreBasic 2.4.8.0 CPAP Reporting Software [Archived read-only thread] EncoreBasic User 142 88,594 02-18-2015, 11:29 AM
Last Post: on the virge

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.