Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Jun-2014 thru Aug 2015]
RE: SleepyHead Software - Beginner's Guide, Questions, Answers & Discussion
OMG I think I figured it out!!!

Please check this post out where I report on this:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...red-it-out

Rich
BUG REPORT:

I think I found a bug: the time read out is seemly showing only the time from when you start the machine the first time to the last time you used it and turned it off.

IE: Sleepyhead shows too much time, it is not the real time in a mult-session sleep night.

I always thought this showed the actual total time in sleep sessions, if I am wrong then it is OK.

It shows Sleep: 21:09:00 and Wake 05:11:03 Hours 08:02:03 (Total)

BUT the sessions was 1he 33m then 3h 8m and the 1h 34m for a real time sleeping of 6h:73m.

The day before it read 7:57:25 when I really only slept 6h:64m.

Rich
Rich, what SleepyHead version are you using and what operating system - Windows XP, 7 or 8, or Max or Linux?

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

(10-30-2014, 11:20 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Rich, what SleepyHead version are you using and what operating system - Windows XP, 7 or 8, or Max or Linux?

SH 9.8-1

Win 7.

Rich
(10-26-2014, 08:09 PM)woozie38 Wrote: So I am leaning towards UARS as a diagnosis.

So I would consider raising the low end of your pressure range. The higher the pressure the less the chance of flow limitation due to a restricted airway.

If the higher pressure bothers you a bilevel machine such as the S9 VPAP Auto might be worth a try.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
(10-30-2014, 03:26 PM)Sleepster Wrote:
(10-26-2014, 08:09 PM)woozie38 Wrote: So I am leaning towards UARS as a diagnosis.

So I would consider raising the low end of your pressure range. The higher the pressure the less the chance of flow limitation due to a restricted airway.

If the higher pressure bothers you a bilevel machine such as the S9 VPAP Auto might be worth a try.

You know, I was thinking something along the same lines after reading your's and others' posts. Especially the part about how APAP machines reacts to event triggers. I will raise the bottom pressure to 10 and see what SH shows. Have an appointment with sleep doc 12/11, so be good to take SH data of the new setting with me. Perhaps he will recommend a change of machine. Many thanks Sleepster.

[Image: signature.png]Keep on breathin'
I am at 7 inhale and 12 Exhale now and I am using a ASV machine...And other than a high Breath Rate of around 19BPM I am getting ZERO AHIs...I have complex Apnea.

I was reporting the first time reading in sleepyhead is giving a false reading and have been trying to get up believing I had slept 8.5 hours when in fact I only really got 6.5 hours of sleep, which shows up at the bottom of the left panel and I have to add them together to get my real sleep time totals...

IF it was not worrying that I run around 19 BPM and can once or twic a night peak at 22 and 24 BPM I would say I was doing great.

Rich
(10-30-2014, 02:03 PM)racprops Wrote:
(10-30-2014, 11:20 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Rich, what SleepyHead version are you using and what operating system - Windows XP, 7 or 8, or Max or Linux?

SH 9.8-1
Win 7.
Rich

Rich, I re-posted your bug report in the SleepyHead Testing Forum. JediMark will see it soon, hopefully. Thanks.
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Sorry I found the problem with the time readout.

IT is MY running my Oximeter ALL night.

See:

Correct timing of sleep sessions before loading in the Oximeter's data.

[Image: Timeproblem1_zps31ac220d.jpg]

AND once I load in my Oximeter's data:

[Image: Timeproblem2_zps0c13ee77.jpg]

Sleepyhead now shows the total time I ran the Oximeter as the total time over ridding the Sleep Machines time records at lease in the window panel on the left.

Cancel Bug report.

Rich
(10-31-2014, 09:20 AM)racprops Wrote: Cancel Bug report.
Rich

Done.
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another OSCAR cannot find data thread - with a twist. Cuppa 63 3,999 03-02-2023, 04:30 AM
Last Post: Cuppa
  OSCAR v1.3.0 is released [old archived thread] Gideon 36 7,522 02-07-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Looking for DreamStation 2 samples using 12mm heated tube [thread closed] sawinglogz 6 1,207 01-14-2022, 04:43 PM
Arrow ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions] SuperSleeper 1,109 1,649,372 08-25-2015, 07:10 PM
  New ResScan Version 5.4.1 - updated June 19, 2015 [old version] SuperSleeper 3 9,323 07-21-2015, 03:58 PM
Last Post: spursfan1965
Idea Updates to SleepyHead [May 2015] SuperSleeper 21 7,372 06-26-2015, 04:45 PM
Last Post: Mark Douglas
Arrow EncoreBasic 2.4.8.0 CPAP Reporting Software [Archived read-only thread] EncoreBasic User 142 88,607 02-18-2015, 11:29 AM
Last Post: on the virge

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.