Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Jun-2014 thru Aug 2015]
RE: SleepyHead Software - Beginner's Guide, Questions, Answers & Discussion
(03-26-2015, 03:08 PM)DaveJ45 Wrote: There does not seem to be any way to access Sleepyhead files for LINUX users from the current download site. Any and all links seem to go to a SourceForge error message.

Can we get updated links, particularly for Ubuntu (and variants) ?

Are you using the newest SleepyHead download page? It's at:

http://www.SleepFiles.com/SH2/

The link in the middle of that page leads to a valid sourceforge page at:

http://sleepyhead.sourceforge.net/wiki/i...rom_source

There is no Linux installation package yet (no .deb, .rpm etc), if you want to use SleepyHead on Linux, you'd have to build it yourself from source code, as that Wiki article explains.

From what I've been told, if you know your way around Linux, you shouldn't have a huge problem building from source, but I've not tried it yet.

Here's Archangle's notes on Building SleepyHead from source on Linux:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...d-on-Linux

Hope this helps. Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

This is the first time I have used Sleepyhead. The following information was shown

The last time you used your Philips Respironics RemStar Pro with C-Flex+...
was last night (on Tuesday, March 31, 2015)
You had an AHI of 8.72, which is considered not very good
You machine was on for 7 hours, 33 minutes and 57 seconds.
You had significant periods of major mask leakage.
Your CPAP machine blasted you with a constant 13cmH2O of air

Please explain what "significant periods of major mask leakage" means. How do I troubleshoot this?
Achoden, I suspected from your other post (where we recommended you download Sleepyhead) that one of the findings might be a lot of leaks. This is what contributed to your dry mouth. Major leaks are leaks above the leak threshold for a mask, and the value settable in Sleepyhead under File/Preferences/Waveforms, where you can set the minimum and maximum leak thresholds. SH uses a default of 24 which may be too low for certain masks, and you can increase that to 30 or 40. The graphs will also shoe Large Leaks. These are more important events, and they are leaks large enough that the CPAP cannot maintain therapeutic pressure and get feedback on your apnea events.

Leaks are cause by air bypassing through the mouth when you use nasal therapy, or by the mask slipping and leaking around the seal.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Hi... I'm a newbie here and I just want to say I appreciate all the work put into the software... Thanks!

My question. First my system info in the properties.txt file:
SerialNumber=C039835586C67
ModelNumber=1061401
ProductType=0x40
DataFormat=UDF
DataFormatVersion=2
Family=Ventilator
FamilyVersion=0
SoftwareVersion= 2.11
FirstDate=1427865792
LastDate=1427902524
ErrorKey=00db04005c2c
PatientFolderNum=0
PatientFileNum=2
EquipFileNum=1
SupportedLogs=1,2,4,6
ValidCheck=5a3d

I downloaded the sleepyhead software and it tells me that it's not setup for my model. I've downloaded 2 separate days data with the corresponding PDF reports from my PR1 machine. Are you still updating the software with new machines and if so, how would I get you my data?

If not, is there some way to change the info in my properties file to trick it into thinking I've got a model that is already setup? My file structure is as follows:
P-Series
- last.txt
- C039835586C67 (folder)
-- properties.txt
-- p0 (folder)
--- 0000001357.001 (one days data)
--- 0000001357.002 (one days data)
-- e (folder)
--- 1.004 (one days data)

I'm hoping that the data is the same as one of the machine models already setup, so if I can get the software to work by giving it a usable model, it may already know my data structure and be usable without modification. If so, then I can just let you know it works and you can add the model.

Thanks in advance.
Joeshmoe,
Welcome to the forum!

You are getting ahead of yourself. Please address these points so we may help you.
Please provide:
1. Sleepyhead version that you downloaded.
2. CPAP machine, including type and model number or name.
3. Mask type(e.g.: Full, Nasal, Pillow) with name and model
4. CPAP pressure or pressure range.
5. Your computer including the OS version.
Most, if not all, of this can be provided by filing out your profile.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Thanks sgearhart.

1: SleepyHead-Testing-0.9.8-1-Windows-32bit
2:
Philips Respironics System One Bipap S/T with humidifier
Bipap S/T C-Series, DOM
Ref: 1061401
S/N: C03983558 C6C7
Rev 01 2.xx 20110808
3: Nasal pillow. I believe it's a swift?
4: I experiment a lot with pressures but right now I'm using IPAP/EPAP of 17/15
5 I am using a windows 7 machine.

thanks

(04-05-2015, 10:13 AM)sgearhart Wrote: Joeshmoe,
Welcome to the forum!

You are getting ahead of yourself. Please address these points so we may help you.
Please provide:
1. Sleepyhead version that you downloaded.
2. CPAP machine, including type and model number or name.
3. Mask type(e.g.: Full, Nasal, Pillow) with name and model
4. CPAP pressure or pressure range.
5. Your computer including the OS version.
Most, if not all, of this can be provided by filing out your profile.

Hi, complete newbie to downloading data. Have tried to download Sleepyhead from this board through the links (Did it 4 times through "Source Forge" to no avail and now once from the sleep apnea board). I get it downloaded alright, but I never find the Execute file (I might be new but I do know to look for a file that ends in "exe") which for me gets real frustrating. Since I do not make my living with a computer, I just use it for emails and surfing the web, I'm not real good at the "In the trenches, click this, click that or knowing which things to click, type computer stuff". So Help!!! We can deal with all of the machine stuff once I have it downloaded.
Machine: Phillips Respironics BiPap Pro with Biflex (Integrated Humidifier)
Mask: Res Med Mirage II (Nasal Mask) Pressure: 18/10
Download: SleepyHead-Testing-0.9.8-1-T2-Windows-32bit.zip

PS: when I say "Newbie", the computer stuff, I have been on a sleep apnea (Bipap) machine since April or May of 2004. It took me 2-3 days till I was sleeping through the night, with only (rare) air leaks by my eyes, other wise I have no usage issues. I just need to get this stuff down loaded so my "Pulmonologist" can see that I am in usage compliance with Dept. of Transportation regs for truck drivers. Once that is done I can get my "Drivers DOT Medical card".

(04-08-2015, 07:13 PM)LuMoX0379 Wrote: OS: Windows 7 Home Premium service 1

From the desktop click on the Start button in the left lower corner of your screen. Type "SleepyHead" into the search window that appears just above the Start button. That will lead you to the file you downloaded.

Quote:I just need to get this stuff down loaded so my "Pulmonologist" can see that I am in usage compliance with Dept. of Transportation regs for truck drivers. Once that is done I can get my "Drivers DOT Medical card".

That's weird because SleepyHead is not official software. What your doctor will likely want you to do is produce the SD card from your machine. They will then download the data and use the official software provided by the CPAP machine's manufacturer to verify compliance.
Sleepster

Not sure if he will take it but when I asked his office if he would, they checked and he said to go ahead and try it. The last two times I had it read by the care providers at "Walgreens" who were kind enough to give me a courtesy down load as I was in between coverage with insurance providers and suddenly need to show usage compliance. It has only been these last three years that I have needed to do this. I have been shown to be in 90% plus compliance (DOT Reg's are something like 4hrs a night 5 -6 nights a week, where as I use mine every night, and even on the weekends when due to plans and commitments I try to garb a nap, or unless I get stuck unexpectedly overnight or in the hospital) in both previous years plus I am actively engaged in my health care. I also am a former paramedic, so I know the medical terminology and show myself as knowledgeable, which I am about the need to use my Bipap. He also does not have the software as my old machine died while I was not insured (in between employer coverage and had to buy my new machine out of pocket), plus most Doctors have you read them through your durable med equipment supplier, which I don't have, due to the aforementioned lack of coverage, coverage of preexisting conditions. I just cleared the preexisting condition waiting period, but have run into a have to have seen the doctor every 6 months before they will do the download. You would think that they would do the download to give the doctor as much info as possible so that when you see him, it wouldn't be ok I'm going to send you to have your machine's card read and then when I have the results we can talk. The first visit is a waste of both my doctor's and my time and my and the insurance companies money.
(04-05-2015, 02:06 PM)joeshmoe Wrote: 1: SleepyHead-Testing-0.9.8-1-Windows-32bit
2:
Philips Respironics System One Bipap S/T with humidifier
Bipap S/T C-Series, DOM
Ref: 1061401

The PRS1 BiPAP S/T model 1060 that you have is a fairly new model. It's possible the author never added it to the list of supported machines.

Unfortunately, jedimark, the author, isn't working on the program much at the current time.

Read this link about sending a copy of your SD card. If you're willing to post it, we'll have a copy of a model 1060 SD card. I'll verify whether it works or not, but I can't fix anything with the program.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another OSCAR cannot find data thread - with a twist. Cuppa 63 3,989 03-02-2023, 04:30 AM
Last Post: Cuppa
  OSCAR v1.3.0 is released [old archived thread] Gideon 36 7,516 02-07-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Looking for DreamStation 2 samples using 12mm heated tube [thread closed] sawinglogz 6 1,205 01-14-2022, 04:43 PM
Arrow ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions] SuperSleeper 1,109 1,649,076 08-25-2015, 07:10 PM
  New ResScan Version 5.4.1 - updated June 19, 2015 [old version] SuperSleeper 3 9,317 07-21-2015, 03:58 PM
Last Post: spursfan1965
Idea Updates to SleepyHead [May 2015] SuperSleeper 21 7,362 06-26-2015, 04:45 PM
Last Post: Mark Douglas
Arrow EncoreBasic 2.4.8.0 CPAP Reporting Software [Archived read-only thread] EncoreBasic User 142 88,579 02-18-2015, 11:29 AM
Last Post: on the virge

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.