Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Jun-2014 thru Aug 2015]
RE: SleepyHead Software - Beginner's Guide, Questions, Answers & Discussion
Thanks I assume this is the thread for questions about Sleepyhead, so here are some questions:

1. On the SH Daily Report, there is a LH panel with an Orange top labeled AHI 1.01, with machine data, today's statistics, etc, ending with CPAP Session. Question: How do I select this panel for printing, and print it?

2. On the Daily Report, there is a heading: "Current Selection". Does this mean that I can select what graphs are in the Daily Report? How would I do that?

3. On the Daily Report Flow Rate graph, I have colored markers, sometimes with square heads, sometimes with diamond heads. I presume that the colors of these markers match the colors in the bands on the above LH panel?

4. On the graph Leak Rate, I get two lines with constant vertical spacing - I assume that the lower line is a bug?

5. I would like to see all the graph vertical axes labels include a second line indicating the units of the plotted variable, is that possible? (I could write it in each time on hard copy, but not on the stored version.)

6. Are there reference(s) which indicates the significance of the numerical levels of these variables that you could suggest, without problems?

7. Does SH print out the data from the newest machines, say like Philips Sleepware G3 software does?

I am using the bêta version for windows 7, 64 bit, broken gl. When I originally set it up, on the overview screen, it showed all data from 09/17, when I started recording, to current date. Now, more times than not, it shows data beginning on 10/13 to the current date. If I select another time period other than the standard 2 months, it just spreads out the existing data on the screen. Before the 10/13 actual data, it shows grey boxes, that provide no info.. Is there some setting, somewhere I need to go to correct this?
(10-30-2014, 03:26 PM)Sleepster Wrote: So I would consider raising the low end of your pressure range. The higher the pressure the less the chance of flow limitation due to a restricted airway.

I raised the lower pressure to 10 Thursday night but SH next morning didn't show any discernible change of any kind, so I raised it to 11. Again there was no discernible change of any sort or improvement in any of the parameters plus I felt really tired both mornings, more tired than usual. Thus I'm thinking UARS and specifically sub glottic stenosis. This is a hereditary condition that is only now beginning to be understood, & is a possible cause of FL's & hypopnoeas.

[Image: signature.png]Keep on breathin'
(11-01-2014, 03:05 PM)saltydawg2 Wrote: I am using the bêta version for windows 7, 64 bit, broken gl. When I originally set it up, on the overview screen, it showed all data from 09/17, when I started recording, to current date. Now, more times than not, it shows data beginning on 10/13 to the current date. If I select another time period other than the standard 2 months, it just spreads out the existing data on the screen. Is there some setting, somewhere I need to go to correct this?
Don't know how to modify, or edit, so bare with me, read the above post again.
RobySue:

I really wish you could do the research on the ASV machines and do the write up on them as well..

I believe the ASV machines DO try to force air though an apnea, my ASV machine will ramp pressure up and up if I just hold my breath, it does not passively wait until I breathe again.

I am going a little nuts trying to learn all I can about these machines and how they work and how I might deal with problems not covered by any text I can find including yours.

You have done a fantastic job so far as you have gone and I am praying you can cover all of the machines as well as all the other readouts, like:

I need to understand what these mean and if possible what would be considered normal ranges, and even more IF possible what changes might help correct them:

Flow Rate.

Presp.Rate.

Pat.Trig. Breaths.

Tidal Volume.

Minute Vent.

Insp.Time.

Exp. Time.

IF you have covered some of the above I am sorry I missed reading it.

Rich
You may want to do the research yourself. Robysue is probably rather busy right now since she is a teaching professor. Just for a little start.

Flow Rate
This is the rate of air flow minus the leakage. It is the air flow in and out of your lungs. The shape of the graphical representation of these data tells the experienced interpreter a lot about our sleep breathing patterns. There is a monograph on this interpretation but I apparently have lost track of where to find it.

Presp Rate
I think that you meant respiratory rate. It is the number of breaths per minute. It is very important that it is not 0. Laugh-a-lot

Pat Trig Breaths
Patient triggered breaths tells you what percentages of inhalations were triggered by you as opposed to being triggered by the machine. I think the importance of that is obvious and that is what the ASV machines are for - to help trigger an inhalation when one does not start on its own.

Tidal Volume
The volume of air that we respire with each breath. Used with the respiratory rate to calculate minute ventilation.

Minute Vent
Volume of air breathed per minute. Some SV machines attempt to ensure that the minute ventilation rate is held above a running baseline.

Insp. Time & Exp. Time
I think that inspiration (inhalation) time and expiration (exhalation) time are probably obvious. They are used to come up with the ratio which is used to halp determine some settings like Ti(min) and Ti(max) which are minumum and maximum inhalation times.

You probably already know all of this but I have written it out just in case you do not.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Thanks.

I kind of did some, but if one is not right what can you do to help it?

Can we do anything to control them?

Rich
Us lower level apneacs (those with obstructive apnea) concern ourselves primarily with AHI (OAI, CAI, and H), pressure, flow rate, and leak rate. Those of us running in auto mode may also look at snore and flow limitation. Of course then there is Zonk who normally only looks at the data displayed on the machine most of the time. If you think you may have abnormalities in any of the other data it is time to ask a specific question. I would start here as you have done with your general question and without wasting too much time ask your sleep doctor or even your primary care physician.

Flow rate is merely a picture of your breathing throughout the night. There is no dial to control it although there are other things like pressure and leak rate that can exert some influence on it. AHI is pretty much the same. There is no direct control but things that can be done to influence it. Control of flow rate anomalies and AHI are discussed many times and at great length on this forum.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
I downloaded SleepyHead software, but after I extract it and run the exe file, I get a message saying the the Qt5Core.dll file is missing. I tried downloading again and got the same result. Please help.
Whats the difference between the openGL and the brokenGL. Which version should I run to set it up first time. I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another OSCAR cannot find data thread - with a twist. Cuppa 63 3,989 03-02-2023, 04:30 AM
Last Post: Cuppa
  OSCAR v1.3.0 is released [old archived thread] Gideon 36 7,516 02-07-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Looking for DreamStation 2 samples using 12mm heated tube [thread closed] sawinglogz 6 1,205 01-14-2022, 04:43 PM
Arrow ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions] SuperSleeper 1,109 1,649,072 08-25-2015, 07:10 PM
  New ResScan Version 5.4.1 - updated June 19, 2015 [old version] SuperSleeper 3 9,317 07-21-2015, 03:58 PM
Last Post: spursfan1965
Idea Updates to SleepyHead [May 2015] SuperSleeper 21 7,362 06-26-2015, 04:45 PM
Last Post: Mark Douglas
Arrow EncoreBasic 2.4.8.0 CPAP Reporting Software [Archived read-only thread] EncoreBasic User 142 88,578 02-18-2015, 11:29 AM
Last Post: on the virge

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.