Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Jun-2014 thru Aug 2015]
RE: SleepyHead Software - Beginner's Guide, Questions, Answers & Discussion
(11-24-2014, 02:27 AM)Worros Wrote: Apologies for grunching.

I was diagnosed a while ago with sleep apnea, and recently took the plunge to become a hose-head - 3 nights in and adjusting.

I'm not a QT dev, but have contributed to other open source projects.

Is there an IRC channel, issue tracker etc for the project for those what would like to contribute?

G'day Worros, welcome to the forum.

There's a SleepyHead link at the top of each page in this forum. It will give you some details and also a link to the bug tracker on SourceForge.

Good luck with your therapy!
(11-24-2014, 12:28 PM)jctampa Wrote: Could you please post a shot of that same page but with the Details screen showing the color coded bars of what events appear on the the event flags screen?

JC, is this what you're looking for?

Lamb
To all, to each, a fair good-night,
And pleasing dreams, and slumbers light.
       Scott—Marmion. L’Envoy. To the Reader.

Diagnosed with OSA in 2014
AHI=18
Lowest SpO2: 79%
Lamsy,

Yes it certainly is!! What I'm missing are the light green and yellow "options" and their corresponding entries on the Event Flags bar. There would not be any events because I have not had any of those events occur since switching to the A10FH (per ResScan and the machine itself) and I am getting no closer to finding out why.

Thanks for the info!!! I needed to see that to be clear that I was missing what I thought I was missing.
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”
"Duke" Wayne
(11-28-2014, 11:54 AM)jctampa Wrote: Lamsy,

Yes it certainly is!! What I'm missing are the light green and yellow "options" and their corresponding entries on the Event Flags bar. There would not be any events because I have not had any of those events occur since switching to the A10FH (per ResScan and the machine itself) and I am getting no closer to finding out why.

Thanks for the info!!! I needed to see that to be clear that I was missing what I thought I was missing.

Sorry, but I don't know what light green & yellow options are (can you enlighten me?). The main things are to get a good night's sleep, and to feel well - if not seek treatment.
C.

(11-28-2014, 02:45 PM)Coroboree Wrote: Sorry, but I don't know what light green & yellow options are (can you enlighten me?). The main things are to get a good night's sleep, and to feel well - if not seek treatment.
C.

The green and yellow things are like a legend and show summary data and titles for the pie chart that shows the breakdown of events graphically.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
(11-28-2014, 09:41 PM)PaytonA Wrote:
(11-28-2014, 02:45 PM)Coroboree Wrote: Sorry, but I don't know what light green & yellow options are (can you enlighten me?). The main things are to get a good night's sleep, and to feel well - if not seek treatment.
C.

The green and yellow things are like a legend and show summary data and titles for the pie chart that shows the breakdown of events graphically.

Best Regards,

PaytonA
Payton: I'm not sure what you are talking about, but I opened SH at the "Daily" page, and I see a pie chart of the Therapy session in the LH side bar. I see 9 (what are they?) I'll call them types of events in a table and pie chart display. My particular pie chart is light blue and dark blue. Are these the yellow and green things?

On the graphs, by pressing the mouse button, I get a green cursor - is this the green thing, and near the Y axis, I get a yellow popup note telling me what the variable is - is this the yellow thing? and on top of the graph, I get a white note which tells me the value of the variable at the intersection with the cursor - you did not mention a white thing.

I would prefer, even though I did not build the software to have the information in the yellow popup included (as a second line in the title of the ordinate) so it is always there - not just when the green cursor is showing.

On the Event Flags display, it is possible to make some intervals light, and some intervals dark (greyed) I have no idea what the significance of these different areas is - do you have a clue?

I tried adding an attachment to a previous post out of my Documents file, and it seemed to be OK until I pressed Post, when it disappeared without a trace. I copied a frame out of the SH Display, but it had to have a file name, so perhaps my file name was incompatible, and SH Post function discarded the file without so much as a wink or a nod. (It was a CPAP data graph.)

Hi Coroboree,

There are two user's guides available, which between them cover most of your questions. They are at the beginning of this thread: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...Discussion

and a wiki on Sourceforge: http://sleepyhead.sourceforge.net/wiki/i...sers_Guide

As you know, SleepyHead is being developed by JediMark in his own time as a free service. For this reason, there are a number of versions floating around and the documentation isn't always up to date with the latest version. There may also be differences in the way things appear on a Mac, but I can't really comment as I use a PC.

In relation to your last couple of questions:

The yellow and green items jctampa is referring to are the Cheyne Stokes Respiration and RERA in the legend of the screenshot he posted. See here:
[attachment=1679]
The yellow items you're referring to are little pop-ups which JediMark has provided to assist in understanding the output. The legend will be different for different machines as they report different data. From what I've seen the Philips machines tend to report more than the ResMeds, but each model is different and will have its own legend.

The grey area in the event flags bar indicates how far zoomed in you are. If you're fully zoomed out (showing the whole night's data) then nothing is grey. You can click and drag in that bar to zoom in on a particular event - the non-grey area represents the time span shown in the detailed graphs and the grey area is excluded. Or, to put it another way: The event flags is the main "control" graph, it represents a time-line of the event data available for a day. This graph does not zoom, instead it highlights the selected area, allowing for quicker control/zooming around graphs.

Hope this helps.
(11-29-2014, 04:12 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: Hi Coroboree,

There are two user's guides available, which between them cover most of your questions. They are at the beginning of this thread: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...Discussion

and a wiki on Sourceforge: http://sleepyhead.sourceforge.net/wiki/i...sers_Guide

As you know, SleepyHead is being developed by JediMark in his own time as a free service. For this reason, there are a number of versions floating around and the documentation isn't always up to date with the latest version. There may also be differences in the way things appear on a Mac, but I can't really comment as I use a PC.

The yellow and green items jctampa is referring to are the Cheyne Stokes Respiration and RERA in the legend of the screenshot he posted. See here:

The yellow items you're referring to are little pop-ups which JediMark has provided to assist in understanding the output. The legend will be different for different machines as they report different data. From what I've seen the Philips machines tend to report more than the ResMeds, but each model is different and will have its own legend.

The grey area in the event flags bar indicates how far zoomed in you are. If you're fully zoomed out (showing the whole night's data) then nothing is grey. You can click and drag in that bar to zoom in on a particular event - the non-grey area represents the time span shown in the detailed graphs and the grey area is excluded. Or, to put it another way: The event flags is the main "control" graph, it represents a time-line of the event data available for a day. This graph does not zoom, instead it highlights the selected area, allowing for quicker control/zooming around graphs.

Hope this helps.
Thanks Paul from Perth for your comments, and clearing up the identity of the yellow and green items. I would never have guessed.

I still don't quite understand the purpose (ie use) of the grey v non-grey
areas on the Events Flags (Daily) graphs, nor the varying times scales of these graphs - I have never been able to set the time interval for my complete sleep history eg 12hr or possibly 24 hr time period.

I was a little non-plussed when the instructions for operating Mac version of SH were not possible on my Mac (eg different pulldown menu functions, and different F key functions). I have no idea why on my Mac they are different, since it is as bought with some OS upgrades.

I have used a PC for many years, but gave up when they deserted XPpro, for these weird W7, W8, W8.1, which I tried - I thought they were trying to be fake Mac. Since the Upgrade (not Install) from XP to W7 destroyed many of my files, I decided that it would be an excellent time to switch to Apple.

I suppose I don't really comprehend the zoom function that you mention. One ting I notice about the green cursor - some of my graphs are extremely spiky, but I can never get the green cursor to display the value of a spike - of course I can read it off the Ordinate axis.

I recognize Jedimark's work, and have made small donations to the Apnea Board, since it does not appear possible to make a donation at Source Forge.

I don't quite understand: "The event flags is the main "control" graph, it represents a time-line of the event data available for a day. This graph does not zoom, instead it highlights the selected area, allowing for quicker control/zooming around graphs." Is there a reference that explains how to work with these data, eg show the whole interval as displayed on the Summary/Session Times graph?

In response to a previous request, I tried to send a copy of the Daily By Pressure Graph. I copied from the screen, but could not copy it into a comment, but had to attach it as a file. Apparently the file type I chose, also a Source Forge file type, was not compatible with the Post software, and was dropped from the post.

But thanks for your assistance. (I notice that my current Event Breakdown Pie is all Dark Blue - pure Hypopnea! an uneventful night, apparently.)
I notice that I have evidently been upgraded to Preferred Member - thanks for the honor, but I have no idea what I have done to deserve this.

My issues are operating the SH display for which there seems to be no written directions, particularly in setting the length of the time scale to the length of the time scale displayed on the Overview Sessions Time Graph.

As an Aerospace/Intel systems engineer, I am used to having directions on how to use data displays, and their formats have been quite different to SH.
Specifically: the Daily By Pressure Graph on my display is nonsense, and I would like to delete this graph from the print out. (I can see that this graph could be useful if one had variable pressure CPAP.)

I have a good (UCLA) Doc, and I occasionally send him copies of my SH graphs, and he responds.
(11-29-2014, 04:12 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: Hi Coroboree,

Hope this helps.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another OSCAR cannot find data thread - with a twist. Cuppa 63 3,996 03-02-2023, 04:30 AM
Last Post: Cuppa
  OSCAR v1.3.0 is released [old archived thread] Gideon 36 7,522 02-07-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Looking for DreamStation 2 samples using 12mm heated tube [thread closed] sawinglogz 6 1,207 01-14-2022, 04:43 PM
Arrow ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions] SuperSleeper 1,109 1,649,274 08-25-2015, 07:10 PM
  New ResScan Version 5.4.1 - updated June 19, 2015 [old version] SuperSleeper 3 9,323 07-21-2015, 03:58 PM
Last Post: spursfan1965
Idea Updates to SleepyHead [May 2015] SuperSleeper 21 7,370 06-26-2015, 04:45 PM
Last Post: Mark Douglas
Arrow EncoreBasic 2.4.8.0 CPAP Reporting Software [Archived read-only thread] EncoreBasic User 142 88,594 02-18-2015, 11:29 AM
Last Post: on the virge

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.