Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Jun-2014 thru Aug 2015]
RE: SleepyHead Software - Beginner's Guide, Questions, Answers & Discussion
Well this time I get a Blank sheet with no previous message!

I did want to reply to Payton A, with the following:

1. Thanks for the link to SH guide at Source Forge - I looked on their site, but could not find any guide.

2. I have received some correspondence from ResMed about their S+ sleep display unit. One of its claim to fame, they say, is that it eliminates CPAP Hose noise: so those concerned with CPAP data accuracy might want to take note, and muffle their CPAP hose noise to prevent misinterpretations by their CPAP data processor. Anyone know of silk CPAP hoses on the market?
Coroboree,

I am beginning to wonder if it is your computer ar browser that is causing most of your problems.

First, I think that to eliminate a graph go to File/Preferences/Graphs in the menu. I believe that if you uncheck the one that you do not want, it will go away but then again maybe it is just on the PC.

I am happy to take credit for the link but it was not me.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Coroboree, the link in my post above takes you straight to the SleepyHead user guide on Source Forge. As I said, it might be a little out of date, and it might not be correct for the Mac, but it is what it is.

To remove a graph from your screen, do as PaytonA says. Alternatively, click on the little icon at bottom right (arrowed in yellow on my attached image). That will give you a pop-up menu where you can turn the graphs off and on just be clicking on them.

[attachment=1680]

Quote:I still don't quite understand the purpose (ie use) of the grey v non-grey
areas on the Events Flags (Daily) graphs, nor the varying times scales of these graphs - I have never been able to set the time interval for my complete sleep history eg 12hr or possibly 24 hr time period.

By default, SH opens its daily page to show the full extent of the day's activity. Don't forget the CPAP day starts at noon, so if you sleep through that time, it will be split across two days. It makes sense when you think about it, and as far as I know all the machines use the same protocol. The event flag bar always shows the full period from when the machine was first used until it was last used - it gets this data from the memory card. If not, click on the 100% icon at the bottom left of the charts area.

You can zoom in or out in a number of ways (PC instructions - I don't know the Mac equivalent):

1 Left-click on the the event flag bar and the grey margins will come from the side. The other graphs re-size to show just the highlighted area.

2. Click and drag in the event flag bar to highlight a period of time - the non-selected areas turn grey and the other charts adjust accordingly.

3. Left click in any of the charts to zoom in

4. Click and drag on any chart to zoom in

5. Right-click on the event flags or any chart to zoom out.

6. Hold the [CTRL] key and zoom in and out using the mouse scroll wheel.

These movements are all pretty intuitive - I expect somebody with your technical background won't have any trouble getting used to them.

Have a look at my attached image. You'll see the total range is from ~15:00 hrs to ~04:50. The highlighted area (non-grey) is from 00:00 to 04:50, and this is reflected in all of the other charts.

Again, there are two sets of user guides, as per my earlier post. Have a read through them and try some experimenting to see what works for you.
Can anyone please tell me why (all of a sudden) the "Daily" graphs all show "Plots Disabled" and are blank in 9.8-1? This seems to have just happened since it was working well for several weeks. The graphs are turned on and each of them is "green". Is there some other preference or setting which would "disable" the plots or graphs?

Thanks,

Paul
(11-29-2014, 07:20 PM)PaytonA Wrote: Coroboree,

I am beginning to wonder if it is your computer ar browser that is causing most of your problems.

First, I think that to eliminate a graph go to File/Preferences/Graphs in the menu. I believe that if you uncheck the one that you do not want, it will go away but then again maybe it is just on the PC.

I am happy to take credit for the link but it was not me.
Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't see "Preferences/Graphs" as an available choice on the File pulldown menu for the Daily page.
My SH version is: SleepyHead v0.9.8-1-Testing OpenGL

(06-20-2014, 02:12 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote:
This thread is the official Apnea Board thread to discuss the free SleepyHead software package for personal computers. If you have questions about SleepyHead, please post your question in this thread rather than starting a new thread.

New threads or posts concerning SleepyHead will be merged or split off into this thread so that members have one central location to get help with the software.
Off-topic posts in this thread (not related to SleepyHead) will be either deleted or moved.

If you would like to view the old SleepyHead thread, click HERE.

I also found the SH User Guide on the SourceForge site to be insightful, but the functioning of the Events Tab guide did not seem to work as described:
I selected date: 26 Nov 2014, the Overview page showed a usage ordinate with 20 ticks for a total of 13 hr, or 39 min/tick (not a very useful scale - 30 min/tick would be good), and the day I was looking for disappeared from the display, ie the last day was Nov 25! I went back to the Daily page, to see if the highlight page had changed, but it was still on Nov 26.

Back on the Overview page the Start Date was 8/27/2014, and the End Date was 11/26/2014, but a click of the mouse removed the last two days from the graph! And I could not get them back - including the day 26 Nov 2014.

So I view the SH displays as interesting, but with frustrating peculiarities.

So, my events for 26 Nov 2014 read:
Hypopnea 3 events
Session End Times
Session Start Times

The graphs showed a span from 19:16 to 21:00 (not local time, I think), and the three events were from 20:19 TO 20:52, which I high lighted - but I did not find out any info that wasn't available on the details tab.

My main questions are:
1. How do I get the Daily Graphs to show the whole session?
2. How to I get the Overview graphs to show the last day on the Calendar for which data is available?

~ Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead ~

The first few posts in this thread contain RobySue's "Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead".
The post following this one includes a Table of Contents to the Beginner's Guide.
Prior to posting a question here, you may wish to carefully read through the Beginner's Guide to see if your question is already answered in those posts.

About SleepyHead:

SleepyHead is an open-source, cross platform, sleep tracking software with a focus on monitoring CPAP treatment. There are current versions for Windows, Mac OSX and Linux.

Features:

* Free Cross Platform CPAP Review Software
* Fast, Interactive Mouse Controlled Graphs
* Supports Philips Respironics System One Machines
* Supports ResMed S9 CPAP machines
* Supports DeVilbiss Intellipap machines
* Supports Contec CMS50D+/E/F Oximeters, and the ResMed S9 oximeter attachment

Download information:

For information on the current versions or if you would like to download a version of SleepyHead for your computer, please go to this link:

Coffee

APEX MACHINES?! these have file extensions .ape I've tried sleepyhead with data from my APEX iCH Auto with no luck importing the data into it.
Any help or support would be very appreciated
Oh-jeez There are many unexplained mysteries about SH. In a sense it is over designed. I will attempt to show my anomalous By Pressure graphs:

<didn't work>

It is possible to insert some thumbnail images into these comments, but what is the file type?

Anyway my "By Pressure" display shows colored graphs starting at 4.5 (or between the 4 & 5 columns) and extending to 7.5 (or between the 7 & 8 columns) while my Pressure graph shows a constant 6.00 (cm H2O).

Also can anyone tell me the rationale for the "▼ Flags" and "▼ Graphs" pull down menus at the bottom of the Daily Page, and how these menus should be set? Also what does the small black&green and red&black rectangle signs in Session Information imply?

Also what is the file type for attachments to be included in comments, eg for portions of SH page display? It is interesting to prepare a graphical attachment to a post, and then see it disappear with a flash of the attach function. (Someone has kindly suggested sending attachments by DropBox - but I am not sure how to address them to become attached to the Post.)

For the question below, it might be that CPAPER Paul might have the wrong entry in the Range: parameter on the Overview Page - I say might be, because I only have experiential knowledge of SH, and not actual knowledge. (My looked how that underline of experiential worked!)

Having posted this today, I know that I won't be able to find it tomorrow. HT,GT as they say.

(11-29-2014, 09:12 PM)CPAPER Paul Wrote: Can anyone please tell me why (all of a sudden) the "Daily" graphs all show "Plots Disabled" and are blank in 9.8-1? This seems to have just happened since it was working well for several weeks. The graphs are turned on and each of them is "green". Is there some other preference or setting which would "disable" the plots or graphs?

Also can anyone tell me how the

Thanks,

Paul

What could cause the data to be absolutely impossible?

I've been using SH for about 10 months without a glitch that I know of. However, yesterday I removed the SD card to download data to Sleepyhead (v. 0.9.6 Broken...) at about 0545, but now it shows the wake time as 1017. No data are recorded from my actual wake time to 1017.

I kept the card in the laptop, and took both the laptop and the PRS1 to my RT for her to check pressure with her manometer. I opened the laptop at about 1017 to show her snoring data, and did not return the SD card to the PRS1 until late afternoon. The point being that the card was out of the machine for more than 4 hours when the machine was not plugged in.

The other oddity is that this morning I downloaded last night's data and SH showed the wake time to be 1017, even though it is now 0802. The AHI was higher than all the data would yield (1.47 rather than 0.59 for 3 hypopneas and one FL in 5:16 of use). I shut down and restarted SH, and it then showed today's data and graph, with the 5:16 of use correctly reported and a wake time of 0553. I'm not sure I trust last night's data: there's usually a RERA or two and a whole lot of VS2 snoring. Last night, nothing.

Can SH put in an ending time by itself? Do you think the SD card might have become flaky? Could I replace it with any formatted 2 gig SD card, or does Respironics have hidden files in the SD cards they sell?

I'd appreciate your thoughts. (Mod: Please move this post if it's in the wrong thread.)

I've been trying to download this software but after the countdown nothing happens. No download begins. Clicking on the direct link doesn't seem to take me anywhere with the downloadable file either. I've tried Chrome and IE but neither works. Is there something wrong with the website or is the problem on my end?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another OSCAR cannot find data thread - with a twist. Cuppa 63 3,992 03-02-2023, 04:30 AM
Last Post: Cuppa
  OSCAR v1.3.0 is released [old archived thread] Gideon 36 7,516 02-07-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Looking for DreamStation 2 samples using 12mm heated tube [thread closed] sawinglogz 6 1,205 01-14-2022, 04:43 PM
Arrow ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions] SuperSleeper 1,109 1,649,138 08-25-2015, 07:10 PM
  New ResScan Version 5.4.1 - updated June 19, 2015 [old version] SuperSleeper 3 9,318 07-21-2015, 03:58 PM
Last Post: spursfan1965
Idea Updates to SleepyHead [May 2015] SuperSleeper 21 7,363 06-26-2015, 04:45 PM
Last Post: Mark Douglas
Arrow EncoreBasic 2.4.8.0 CPAP Reporting Software [Archived read-only thread] EncoreBasic User 142 88,590 02-18-2015, 11:29 AM
Last Post: on the virge

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.