Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Jun-2014 thru Aug 2015]
RE: SleepyHead Software - Beginner's Guide, Questions, Answers & Discussion
(12-09-2014, 11:09 AM)sgearhart Wrote: jctampa,

Deselect File->Preferences->Appearance->Other Visual Settings->Show event breakdown chart

Select the "OK" button.

I was hoping it would be more difficult so I wouldn't feel as "slow" as I do right now.
Thanks

"JC"
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”
"Duke" Wayne
You're not slow. I'm just type fast.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
(12-09-2014, 10:41 AM)jctampa Wrote: OK, I've looked and tried many things to ditch the pie chart on the Daily page. I've seen referenced on here to "just turn it off".

I surrender. How do you do it? Dont-know

"JC"

"Duke" Wayne.

I always thought Wayne a little stupid in his movies, but I suppose the money was good. In the end to die of radiation induced cancer by his own mistake was not too smart. What's wrong with the pie chart?Huhsign
(12-10-2014, 02:31 AM)Coroboree Wrote:
(12-09-2014, 10:41 AM)jctampa Wrote: OK, I've looked and tried many things to ditch the pie chart on the Daily page. I've seen referenced on here to "just turn it off".

I surrender. How do you do it? Dont-know

"JC"

"Duke" Wayne.

I always thought Wayne a little stupid in his movies, but I suppose the money was good. In the end to die of radiation induced cancer by his own mistake was not too smart. What's wrong with the pie chart?Huhsign

He likely would not have thought too highly of you either. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Same for stupidity.

Nothing is wrong with the pie chart. For me it is more like a distraction that displaces the data I am looking for. SH gives the user a fantastic range of options so the user can tailor it to individual preference. It is best to use some other software first in order to truly appreciate SH.

"JC"
"Duke" Wayne
(12-04-2014, 02:01 PM)Coroboree Wrote: There should (can?) be no interaction between your data card and your your CPAP machine and your data card if the machine is not turned on or plugged in.
SH on the other hand seems to be able to display a sleep period, shorter than your total sleep session, if your total sleep session consists of a number of periods joined together, eg if they are separated by short disconnects of your CPAP, or perhaps periods of wakefulness. I would doubt if the card became flaky, but the switch could become intermittent. In this case the card should still be able to be read, but not altered.

Thanks for the corroboration.

I get up several times in the night and turn the machine off before removing the mask so as to not get inflated leak figures. When I stumble back to bed and don't put the mask back on, I just later make a note of whether I slept or not in the blank interval.

I notice that the time at the bottom right corner of the middle-pane daily data is always more than the sum of the sessions shown in the bottom of the left-hand pane, and the time shown under the AHI figure. That must be total blower time for the night vs. actual sleep time.

Is it possible for an SD card to go flaky from being removed daily from the APAP machine and the computer, the way I've had camera SD cards fail? I've been locking the card before it's read, just in case a plain-vanilla Win 7 starts behaving like a Mac and overwrites that data if not protected.

Last, is there way to turn gridlines on in the middle-column charts so that I can read how close I came to maximum set pressure without using a ruler to do so?

(12-10-2014, 06:56 AM)Insomnia Wrote: I notice that the time at the bottom right corner of the middle-pane daily data is always more than the sum of the sessions shown in the bottom of the left-hand pane, and the time shown under the AHI figure. That must be total blower time for the night vs. actual sleep time.

Meant the daily data WINDOW.

Edit time expired.
(12-10-2014, 07:56 AM)Insomnia Wrote:
(12-10-2014, 06:56 AM)Insomnia Wrote: I notice that the time at the bottom right corner of the middle-pane daily data is always more than the sum of the sessions shown in the bottom of the left-hand pane, and the time shown under the AHI figure. That must be total blower time for the night vs. actual sleep time.

Meant the daily data WINDOW.

Edit time expired.
Wow, I just noticed that for 11/30/04, SH reports in the LH panel that sleep was 23:19:39, and I only had my System 1 turned on for less than 10 hours!

Also confusing is the explanation that I received for the CA flag in that it was that it was like I was holding my breath (and blocking the flow), but the LH Sidebar on the Daily Report expands CA to Clear Airway, which sounds like there is no impediment to flow - not even a mask, or at least at most a mask, unattached to a face; but holding my breath would seem to be like a Blocked Airway.

I am wondering why if sleep is a long duration process, there is no graph for it, on the Daily Report. How is the sleep duration determined? Can the sleep stage be determined by SH, ie how much time in each of Stage 1, Stage 2, Stage 3, Stage 4, and REM?

On this day the two events in my Pie are Clear Airway 0.72 Hours, Hypopnea 0.60 Hours, and 15 VS2 flags were reported. Usually, I don't snore so much!

So, all in all, a busy night!
(12-10-2014, 11:59 AM)Coroboree Wrote: Also confusing is the explanation that I received for the CA flag in that it was that it was like I was holding my breath (and blocking the flow), but the LH Sidebar on the Daily Report expands CA to Clear Airway, which sounds like there is no impediment to flow - not even a mask, or at least at most a mask, unattached to a face; but holding my breath would seem to be like a Blocked Airway.

Sorry, I guess it was a bad analogy. That was not an explanation but an attempt at an illustration of the previous explanation. I do not know about you but I can hold my breath without blocking my airway.

You still need to determine what questions really need to be asked.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
(12-10-2014, 11:59 AM)Coroboree Wrote: Can the sleep stage be determined by SH, ie how much time in each of Stage 1, Stage 2, Stage 3, Stage 4, and REM?

Naw, I read elsewhere that sort of thing can only be done with any clarity by using some form of brain/nerve reading, such as EEG.

Many do want to find some way to game that information out of SH or SH plus something easy.

The best you may be able to do is approximate when you are dreaming, and stipulate that REM or Stage 3/4 is generally reached before you can dream. Then, look at your breathing rhythm plus respiration rate fluctuations. If you have enough data you may notice a pattern. I also use my CMS-50F pulse oximeter data, further correlating pulse info (not so much the Oxygen) to see potential timeframes.

I pull the pulse probe off when I awaken and remember that I was dreaming. Then I slip it back on. This is my low-motion way of journaling my dreaming periods. In the morning, I go through my SH data and my oximeter data, and type notes in SH on times of dreaming.

My pulse is significantly lower in the areas of my chart where I have logged my dreaming. Interestingly enough, I see rhythmic fluctuations in my respirations (without a corresponding pulse rate change) at these times.

I experience dreaming 1 to 5 times a night. I may dream more but not waking enough to notice or remember.
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
(12-10-2014, 12:37 PM)PaytonA Wrote:
(12-10-2014, 11:59 AM)Coroboree Wrote: Also confusing is the explanation that I received for the CA flag in that it was that it was like I was holding my breath (and blocking the flow), but the LH Sidebar on the Daily Report expands CA to Clear Airway, which sounds like there is no impediment to flow - not even a mask, or at least at most a mask, unattached to a face; but holding my breath would seem to be like a Blocked Airway.

Sorry, I guess it was a bad analogy. That was not an explanation but an attempt at an illustration of the previous explanation. I do not know about you but I can hold my breath without blocking my airway.

You still need to determine what questions really need to be asked.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Interesting concept! So how could the machine tell the response of a pressure pulse if you were breathing in, holding your breath, or breathing out? It could distinguish between these conditions by monitoring the flow, which would be either positive, zero, or negative - so how would a pressure pulse help?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another OSCAR cannot find data thread - with a twist. Cuppa 63 3,996 03-02-2023, 04:30 AM
Last Post: Cuppa
  OSCAR v1.3.0 is released [old archived thread] Gideon 36 7,521 02-07-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Looking for DreamStation 2 samples using 12mm heated tube [thread closed] sawinglogz 6 1,206 01-14-2022, 04:43 PM
Arrow ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions] SuperSleeper 1,109 1,649,268 08-25-2015, 07:10 PM
  New ResScan Version 5.4.1 - updated June 19, 2015 [old version] SuperSleeper 3 9,323 07-21-2015, 03:58 PM
Last Post: spursfan1965
Idea Updates to SleepyHead [May 2015] SuperSleeper 21 7,370 06-26-2015, 04:45 PM
Last Post: Mark Douglas
Arrow EncoreBasic 2.4.8.0 CPAP Reporting Software [Archived read-only thread] EncoreBasic User 142 88,594 02-18-2015, 11:29 AM
Last Post: on the virge

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.