Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Jun-2014 thru Aug 2015]
RE: SleepyHead Software - Beginner's Guide, Questions, Answers & Discussion
JediMark,

It's great to hear that you do intend on building mobile versions for SleepyHead. When the time comes, I'll be happy to do some serious user-testing (as always), although I don't write code. I just got my first iPad and I do have a pretty silly question: How would the data be imported to an iPad since there are no ports?

Pardon me if I'm asking a really, really dumb question, but I've only just started playing around with the iPad. I quite like it, but that seems to be my biggest naive user problem: Getting personal files onto the iPad seems to either require the "stuff" to be in my DropBox or GoogleDrive OR I have to have the thing attached to my computer. So, for example, it's not clear at all to me how to get photos off my digital SLR an onto my iPad without going through the Mac anyway. (I know: I could just take pictures with the iPad, but that's beside the point. The Pentax DSLR takes fantastic pictures.)
Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
I think it would be a cloud-based storage scheme.

You might have to download the data to your laptop and then upload it to the cloud.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
I'm also willing to guinea pig Android stuff......

(And also provide access to my FreeBSD box(es) to get SleepyHead working there, as you know JediMark....).
I already store my SleepyHeadData on DropBox, so I can access it from whatever computer I'm using.. It works well provided I don't get too clever and try to access it on another computer before the last one finishes writing.

Accessing that on Android/Ipad should not be super difficult.

The current Android dropbox libraries I've looked at can't scan paths for a file list yet, which is a bit annoying. Nothing a file containing a list of profiles, as well as a file containing a directory index for each profile can't fix.
Quote:Pardon me if I'm asking a really, really dumb question, but I've only just started playing around with the iPad. I quite like it, but that seems to be my biggest naive user problem: Getting personal files onto the iPad seems to either require the "stuff" to be in my DropBox or GoogleDrive OR I have to have the thing attached to my computer

The iPad really helps to have a downloader program on it. For example, I often download the odd film or TV show I missed fro a site I go to on the web where they are uploaded to daily.
There aren't any native apps to do that with but a downloader will let you do that and then once it is downloaded it will ask you want you want to open it with depending on what other apps you have..............obviously each file type whether it be a pdf, a .mobi. epub. mpeg4, etc will have the app downloaded onto the iPad I want to use with that file type so all those icons will show up....and then you simply just tell which one you want it opened into

It also helps to download an app that will let you see the file structure of your iPad similar in a way to either Explorer on Windows or Finder in a mac

I just sold my iPad last week as i found i never use it as I have 3 macbook pros and 1 windows samsung laptop so my samsung G5 phone ( android) can run easily through that.........and i just never used it, plus my husband has the same iPad so if i really needed one id use his but if you are stuck and don't know what the name of such apps are, feel free to tell me and i can take a quick peek at the apple store to remember what the apps names were but just my telling you that, I believe will give you enough info to go to the app store yourself and find the right ones.........i kinda wondered myself for a week or two how to do it and i consider myself very good with computers so its n to at all unusual that you would wonder at first as well......
[split] To RobySue
I'm not computer literate and feel rather stupid about that. I would like to use Sleepyhead and have read the beginners guide. I'm still not sure where to begin. Is it as simple as putting the SD card in my computer and following the install - or, am I missing something? Again, computers and I aren't good together. Thanks for your help.
RE: To RobySue
(07-12-2014, 01:57 PM)happydaz Wrote: I'm not computer literate and feel rather stupid about that. I would like to use Sleepyhead and have read the beginners guide. I'm still not sure where to begin. Is it as simple as putting the SD card in my computer and following the install - or, am I missing something? Again, computers and I aren't good together. Thanks for your help.

follow robysue's guide, get a copy of, and install sleepyhead, then put your sd card in your computer and fire up sleepyhead.

it's pretty simple, though you may need to get a sd card reader if your computer doesn't have one built in.
(07-12-2014, 01:57 PM)happydaz Wrote: I'm not computer literate and feel rather stupid about that. I would like to use Sleepyhead and have read the beginners guide. I'm still not sure where to begin. Is it as simple as putting the SD card in my computer and following the install - or, am I missing something? Again, computers and I aren't good together. Thanks for your help.
Hi happydaz
You might want post the question in SH thread so can get the attention it deserved, maybe admin or mods can move it there
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ion?page=4
(07-12-2014, 03:14 PM)zonk Wrote: Hi happydaz
You might want post the question in SH thread so can get the attention it deserved, maybe admin or mods can move it there
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ion?page=4

Posts have been merged into the SleepyHead stickie. Thanks Zonk.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

(06-20-2014, 02:12 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote: If you have questions about SleepyHead, please post your question in this thread rather than starting a new thread.[/size]

I have recently noticed that my SH data shows the min & max pressures in reverse. I'm using SH build 9-03. (This is because 9-5 doesn't display correct times on bottom line) Is this peculiar to this version, does anyone know?
Also do my stats look something around "normal"?
[Image: tn_sleepyhead.png][Image: tn_sleepyhead1.png]

[Image: signature.png]Keep on breathin'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another OSCAR cannot find data thread - with a twist. Cuppa 63 3,991 03-02-2023, 04:30 AM
Last Post: Cuppa
  OSCAR v1.3.0 is released [old archived thread] Gideon 36 7,516 02-07-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Looking for DreamStation 2 samples using 12mm heated tube [thread closed] sawinglogz 6 1,205 01-14-2022, 04:43 PM
Arrow ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions] SuperSleeper 1,109 1,649,098 08-25-2015, 07:10 PM
  New ResScan Version 5.4.1 - updated June 19, 2015 [old version] SuperSleeper 3 9,318 07-21-2015, 03:58 PM
Last Post: spursfan1965
Idea Updates to SleepyHead [May 2015] SuperSleeper 21 7,362 06-26-2015, 04:45 PM
Last Post: Mark Douglas
Arrow EncoreBasic 2.4.8.0 CPAP Reporting Software [Archived read-only thread] EncoreBasic User 142 88,582 02-18-2015, 11:29 AM
Last Post: on the virge

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.