Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Jun-2014 thru Aug 2015]
RE: SleepyHead Software - Beginner's Guide, Questions, Answers & Discussion
Nice job JediMark!

I have a question due to my curiosity. Is the mask Pressure calculated from the machine pressure by Sleepyhead or is it a number that the Sleepyhead pulls off of the datacard?

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
(08-21-2014, 09:26 PM)PaytonA Wrote: Nice job JediMark!

I have a question due to my curiosity. Is the mask Pressure calculated from the machine pressure by Sleepyhead or is it a number that the Sleepyhead pulls off of the datacard?

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Mask Pressure is a waveform stored on the SD card.. When it's available, it usually comes with the high resolution data, along with flow rate waveform. SleepyHead simply presents mask pressure as it is given.

In reality the CPAP's MCU/DSP does a little magic to it first before storing it: There is usually at least a couple of pressure transducer readings taken at different stages of the air pipeline to estimate mask pressure, with calculations compensating for hose length/diameter, mask vents, and various other bits and pieces to make the reading more accurate.

Old machines used to have a little tube coming back from near the mask to sense this, but modern ones have gotten a little smarter..
(08-20-2014, 11:08 PM)jedimark Wrote:
(08-20-2014, 08:23 PM)SleepyDreamCatcher Wrote: I'm am using SleepyHead version 9.5 to read my S9 AutoSet information. I had been running my AutoSet as a straight CPAP with the pressure set at 7. Just changed my setup to the AutoSet mode with my pressures set at 7 to 11. But now when I look at my data I'm seeing strange
looking graphs. For example the pressure line will just disappear for long chunks of time but my machine is still working and I can see the other data during the missing times. Any ideas about what is happening? (The information seems to be on the data card... It is present when I download into ResScan.) I really prefer SleepyHead though.

Well, for starters there is a newer version available... does this not work for you? ( http://sleepfiles.com/SH )

0.9.6 implemented some imported graphics engine fixes.

I can't remember when I added in the graphs thickness slider.. it helped fixed a bug on a very limited range of graphics cards.

There is also the anti-aliasing setting,

Well... since I don't really understand computers and the 9.5 was working until I changed my CPAP settings I was happy to have something to see my data on.

I downloaded SleepyHead 9.6 (broken link?) and can find it in the download folder but not as a program I can start from my start list. The SleepyHead 9.5 is still on the desktop but doesn't appear to have been changed in any way.

So... in easy non-computer literate terms... how do I get the 9.6 version to be usable? And, will I be starting over with down loading data and have to go back to the 9.5 version to see my earlier downloads?

One more question: what is "anti-aliasing"?

Thanks
Anti-aliasing is a process used when wanting/needing to convert digital data into smoother analog data. Digital data makes for a jagged waveform when trying to display a graph so anti-aliasing is used to smooth the process out so a more traditional (aka analog) waveform can be displayed. It renders a more pleasing waveform without having requiring excessively high resolution. You could think of it as fake resolution since it's just filling in the jagged areas synthetically rather than with high resolution data bits.
(08-22-2014, 08:01 AM)SleepyDreamCatcher Wrote: I downloaded SleepyHead 9.6 (broken link?) and can find it in the download folder but not as a program I can start from my start list.

You have to unzip the file.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
I have a question regarding sub-directories involved in the final installation of Sleepyhead. When I installed it, I unzipped the file and looked for Sleepyhead.exe. Found it and double clicked on it. Got a message that said that it needed another file did I want to unzip the complete file. Said OK. Found the .exe file again and everything seems to be working fine but I now have 2 subdirectories under The Sleepyhead subdirectory as follows:

SleepyHead-20140623-Win32-0.9.6-testbuild-Qt5.3.0-BrokenGL-WinXP-MinGW
&
SleepyHead-20140623-Win32-0.9.6-testbuild-Qt5.3.0-BrokenGL-WinXP

Both have sub-directories beneath them that look alike. I would like to get rid of the non-functional one. Is there liable to be anything in the non-functional sub-directory that is necessary to the operation of the functional one?

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
(08-23-2014, 11:13 AM)PaytonA Wrote: ...
Both have sub-directories beneath them that look alike. I would like to get rid of the non-functional one. Is there liable to be anything in the non-functional sub-directory that is necessary to the operation of the functional one?

Hi Payton,
Don't know the actual answer, but what I would do is rename one of these directories (just add some dashes to the end of the filebname, for example), then try running the program. If the program fails, it needs the renamed directory. Restore it to its original name, then test the other the same way. When you're done, you should know if it needs either, neither or both.

Good Luck.
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
In the past I have easily downloaded SH software to may Windows 7 laptop. I recently had to take the machine back to factory out of the box settings. had to do a complete restore. In the process, I had to download SH again. I am having HUGE problems doing so. Can someone PLEASE tell me how to go about doing this. I find the supposed site but either it downloads and then gets lost or does not download at all. Please help.
I have a Fisher Paykel Sleepstyle 200 APAP.
I removed the memory stick, but my computer doesn't have the right type of slot to take it.

So: What do I need (an adapter)? What program will I use to read my data?

Thanks !!!
SleepyHead question
I recently downloaded and installed SleepyHead. Great software! It worked great every time until just a couple of days ago. Now when I try to download the data from the SD card, the program freezes and stops working at about 98% complete. If I close the program and restart it, the data is there and it works fine.

The computer is pre-Windows 8 (Windows 7 Home Premium) and it did work fine a number of times previously.

Any thoughts?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another OSCAR cannot find data thread - with a twist. Cuppa 63 3,995 03-02-2023, 04:30 AM
Last Post: Cuppa
  OSCAR v1.3.0 is released [old archived thread] Gideon 36 7,521 02-07-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Looking for DreamStation 2 samples using 12mm heated tube [thread closed] sawinglogz 6 1,205 01-14-2022, 04:43 PM
Arrow ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions] SuperSleeper 1,109 1,649,231 08-25-2015, 07:10 PM
  New ResScan Version 5.4.1 - updated June 19, 2015 [old version] SuperSleeper 3 9,323 07-21-2015, 03:58 PM
Last Post: spursfan1965
Idea Updates to SleepyHead [May 2015] SuperSleeper 21 7,364 06-26-2015, 04:45 PM
Last Post: Mark Douglas
Arrow EncoreBasic 2.4.8.0 CPAP Reporting Software [Archived read-only thread] EncoreBasic User 142 88,592 02-18-2015, 11:29 AM
Last Post: on the virge

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.