Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Jun-2014 thru Aug 2015]
RE: SleepyHead Software - Beginner's Guide, Questions, Answers & Discussion
Ecstatic! I wish I could show myself jumping up and down after finding SH and this forum with this amazing detail about it.

Bravo JediMark for an amazing piece of software! I don't know how you did it, but, this has to be by far the best piece of free software I've ever used. So much detailed thought and effort went into the design of this its just amazing and inspiring.

And thank you to this forum for putting such an amazingly detailed write-up of SH together. This reads like a 5 day certification class since it is so well written and detailed... I'm trying to figure out where to get the certification PDF and print it out to go on my wall after reading this.

One very happy ResMed and SH user!

jp
Greetings all! First time poster, and I'd like to start by saying thank you to both JediMark and RobySue; he for the cool SleepyHead software, and her for the beautifully written and highly educational material in this thread. Second, I have a question about reporting differences between v0.9.3-0 and v0.9.8-1 Testing OpenGL...

I've been importing my Autoset S9 data into SleepyHead since I was originally diagnosed in February '14, and since I'm in the habit of importing every Sunday I have all the detailed data as well as summary. Today I downloaded 0.9.8 and allowed it to import all the data from v0.9.3, and was surprised to see some very different numbers appearing. For example, look at the Tidal Volume of 0.9.3 on the left and 0.9.8 on the right for a really big discrepancy, but if you look a little closer you can see that none of the numbers in the Max column match up!

[attachment=1124]

It gets better though: If you look at these two graphs of my Respiration Rate (0.9.3 on top) you can see that they both spike at the same times with peaks very close to 45, but the summaries above show maxes of 26.6 in v0.9.3 and 44.0 in v0.9.8:

[attachment=1683]

The most obvious conclusion is that v0.9.3 was pretty messed up and v0.9.8 is reading the Max data much more accurately, but things aren't always what they seem. Am I reading this right, or is there perhaps a problem with converting the data between the two versions, or something else entirely?
Is the CMS 50F OLED Wrist Color Pulse Oximeter with Acc U Rate® SnugFit probe compatible with SleepyHead? I don't see Contec mentioned anywhere in its description, and I don't see Acc U Rate mentioned anywhere in SleepyHead info.

Lamb
To all, to each, a fair good-night,
And pleasing dreams, and slumbers light.
       Scott—Marmion. L’Envoy. To the Reader.

Diagnosed with OSA in 2014
AHI=18
Lowest SpO2: 79%
(12-07-2014, 01:20 PM)BizarroX Wrote: Today I downloaded 0.9.8 and allowed it to import all the data from v0.9.3, and was surprised to see some very different numbers appearing.

I think you have to rebuild that older data. Beware that this process is not reversible, so you may want to back up your data first. If all your data resides on your SD card then that's your back up.

From the Data pull-down menu select Rebuild CPAP Data.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Lambsydoats,
I was looking in getting one myself. In version 0.9.8-1, Contec CMS50D Plus, CMS50E, CMS50F are listed as useable. It lists a CMS50FW as not compatible. The oximeter itself is the input device to SH. The Accu U Rate Probe is an input device to the oximeter which wouldn't effect the data that SH needs. The F model comes in either USB or Bluetooth for communications. I don't have a Bluetooth receiver on my computer so the USB version is the only model that I could use. Not to mention it is a few dollars cheaper.

Note: After making this post, I was looking at the CMS 50F on Amazon and it states that this device is NOT compatible with SH. It further states that it will not run in a Mac environment and would require a virtual Windows O/S on a Mac machine. Further the Bluetooth will not connect to any smartphone or tablet. Oh well, back to the D plus and E models.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
(12-05-2014, 03:06 PM)Lambsydoats Wrote: When I go to the overview tab and try to look at last night's sessions as well as those back through December 1, last night's sessions aren't showing. There's no horizontal scroll bar.

Is it possible to see the last session's data on the overview tab?

Lamb

I sometimes get some weird results in Overview, where the whole display (without my intention) shifts to display a random week, and the columns are about 4 cm wide, which is no more informative than when they are 3 to 4 mm wide. I do not know how to reverse this without closing SH and restarting.

An unmentioned meaning of the OA Flag has finally dawned on me - besides indicating a Central Apnea (and I don't know what that is), it could just mean that the user has slipped off his mask for a minute or two for some reason, eg to take a sip of water.

I also note that some sleep sensors claim to be able to detect Sleep Stage, but the CPAP machines supported by SH, do not claim that. This would be a useful improvement even if the indications of sleep stage were not perfectly consistent with an EEG trace, but correct say only 90% of the time. Consider for example the ResMed S+ which is generally said to be able to work with CPAP, and could provide useful data to supplement data from SH.
The data is provided by the machine. Sleepyhead only reports the data that the machine supplies.

An OA is an (O)bstructive (A)pnea. A Central Apnea (CA) is an apnea that occurs with no airway obstruction and no attempt to breath. If you held your breath for 20 seconds whle awake that would be holding your breath but if you did it whil asleep it would be a central apnea.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Thanks
(12-08-2014, 03:20 PM)PaytonA Wrote: The data is provided by the machine. Sleepyhead only reports the data that the machine supplies.

An OA is an (O)bstructive (A)pnea. A Central Apnea (CA) is an apnea that occurs with no airway obstruction and no attempt to breath. If you held your breath for 20 seconds whle awake that would be holding your breath but if you did it whil asleep it would be a central apnea.

OK, I've looked and tried many things to ditch the pie chart on the Daily page. I've seen referenced on here to "just turn it off".

I surrender. How do you do it? Dont-know

"JC"
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”
"Duke" Wayne
jctampa,

Deselect File->Preferences->Appearance->Other Visual Settings->Show event breakdown chart

Select the "OK" button.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another OSCAR cannot find data thread - with a twist. Cuppa 63 4,002 03-02-2023, 04:30 AM
Last Post: Cuppa
  OSCAR v1.3.0 is released [old archived thread] Gideon 36 7,522 02-07-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Looking for DreamStation 2 samples using 12mm heated tube [thread closed] sawinglogz 6 1,207 01-14-2022, 04:43 PM
Arrow ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions] SuperSleeper 1,109 1,649,517 08-25-2015, 07:10 PM
  New ResScan Version 5.4.1 - updated June 19, 2015 [old version] SuperSleeper 3 9,324 07-21-2015, 03:58 PM
Last Post: spursfan1965
Idea Updates to SleepyHead [May 2015] SuperSleeper 21 7,373 06-26-2015, 04:45 PM
Last Post: Mark Douglas
Arrow EncoreBasic 2.4.8.0 CPAP Reporting Software [Archived read-only thread] EncoreBasic User 142 88,627 02-18-2015, 11:29 AM
Last Post: on the virge

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.