Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Jun-2014 thru Aug 2015]
RE: SleepyHead Software - Beginner's Guide, Questions, Answers & Discussion
I have been using sleepyhead version 9.3.0 for a while. I just upgraded to version 9.6 broken gl. I am running Windows 7 64 bit. I made a backup of the entire 9.3.0 file and can run it if needed. (I do follow a few instructions)

I had to erase all data on my S9 VPAP adapt (my profile has teh wrong maching, will fix it in a minute) to be able to re-set the date.

I have copies of the old data, including backup folders under the names like:
ResMed_22112017662/backup in it is a datalog folder

So the question, how can I load the old backup files into the current version of sleepyhead?

I did several searches and read most of this thread but did not see this topic covered.

I remember doing it once a long time ago, but do not remember how.

I have tried importing data/ differnt location, and selecting down to both the ResMed_22112017662 folder and the /backup folder
but it says that it can not see any sleepyhead data.
The 32 bit version works well for me on Win 7 64 bit - I see no need for the 64 bit version.
Hello to everyone. Just a newb here and recently diagnosed. Not sure if this is the right place to post this or not.
Atm I am hiring a machine for the first month to see how I go.
It just so happens that its the latest model Airsense A10.
As I have read in other posts sleeyhead wont read the data from this machine as yet.
Is there someone I can forward my data to, to help them in trying to be able to make sleephead compatiable with this machines data?

I am able to read my data on the Resmed software, thanks to the kind folk on this board. Hope that my data may be able to help develop sleepyhead further so that other users may benefit.

Cheers from down under.

Thanks

Chip. (Chiphead)
(10-14-2014, 09:26 PM)chiphead Wrote: Hello to everyone. Just a newb here and recently diagnosed. Not sure if this is the right place to post this or not.
Atm I am hiring a machine for the first month to see how I go.
It just so happens that its the latest model Airsense A10.
As I have read in other posts sleeyhead wont read the data from this machine as yet.
Is there someone I can forward my data to, to help them in trying to be able to make sleephead compatiable with this machines data?

I am able to read my data on the Resmed software, thanks to the kind folk on this board. Hope that my data may be able to help develop sleepyhead further so that other users may benefit.

Cheers from down under.

Thanks

Chip. (Chiphead)

Hi Chip,
Welcome to the forum! You've found a great place to learn about PAP and everything associated with it.

The latest testing release (0.9.8) is reported to support the Airsense series of ResMed machines.. I have downloaded and am running this version on my Windows 7 64-bit laptop, but as my machine is a ResMed S9, I can't say personally about the Airsense support. I am running the 32-bit version of SH, and am having no issues with it.

Note that to obtain this version, you must currently visit the SourceForge page for Sleepyhead (see link at top of forum pages), then navigate to the Files area, and select Testing.

Good luck on your journey.
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
The AHI I'm seeing calculated in SleepyHead is different from the AHI being calculated by the EncoreBasic software.

Does anyone know the reason for this?
SleepyHead testing builds are here:

http://www.sleepfiles.com/SH/index.html?TestingVersions

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

(10-15-2014, 09:37 PM)Paralel Wrote: The AHI I'm seeing calculated in SleepyHead is different from the AHI being calculated by the EncoreBasic software.

Does anyone know the reason for this?

Hi Paralel,
Since I'm running ResScan, I can't directly speak to your issue. But whenever I have seen a difference between the AHI from ResScan and SleepyHead, it has always boiled down to a difference in the way they calculate the sleep time. Also, ResScan truncates the calculation at one digit to the right of the decimal point, where SH reports 2 digits.

Do your own calculation: Take the sleep time, convert to seconds, then divide by 3600. Then divide that number into the event count. Do this for both programs. You will see pretty quickly where any discrepancy is coming from.
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Anyone care to offer an opinion? Is there any practical difference between the 32 and 64 bit versions of the beta release? I am having some problems installing the 64 bit version, as others appear to also be having problems.
Can anyone tell me if its possible to remove individual days from sleepyhead?
If it is how do I do it and then save the changes?

Thanks
Chip
(10-16-2014, 05:15 AM)kmar92 Wrote: Anyone care to offer an opinion? Is there any practical difference between the 32 and 64 bit versions of the beta release? I am having some problems installing the 64 bit version, as others appear to also be having problems.

I had problems with the 64 bit version as well. My system reported a missing or damaged msvcr120.dll I think it was. A check of the system and all was ok. So I installed the 32 bit version and all is running smoothly.
Hope this helps.

Chip
(10-16-2014, 08:06 AM)chiphead Wrote: I had problems with the 64 bit version as well. My system reported a missing or damaged msvcr120.dll I think it was. A check of the system and all was ok. So I installed the 32 bit version and all is running smoothly.
Hope this helps.

Chip

The "missing or damaged msvcr120.dll" thing is because the Microsoft C runtime libraries that used to be in the operating system are not there anymore. So you need to download msvcr120.dll from the internet to your machine.

If you do a google search for this: "Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013" you should find Microsoft's download link for the libraries you need.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another OSCAR cannot find data thread - with a twist. Cuppa 63 3,989 03-02-2023, 04:30 AM
Last Post: Cuppa
  OSCAR v1.3.0 is released [old archived thread] Gideon 36 7,516 02-07-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Looking for DreamStation 2 samples using 12mm heated tube [thread closed] sawinglogz 6 1,205 01-14-2022, 04:43 PM
Arrow ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions] SuperSleeper 1,109 1,649,086 08-25-2015, 07:10 PM
  New ResScan Version 5.4.1 - updated June 19, 2015 [old version] SuperSleeper 3 9,317 07-21-2015, 03:58 PM
Last Post: spursfan1965
Idea Updates to SleepyHead [May 2015] SuperSleeper 21 7,362 06-26-2015, 04:45 PM
Last Post: Mark Douglas
Arrow EncoreBasic 2.4.8.0 CPAP Reporting Software [Archived read-only thread] EncoreBasic User 142 88,582 02-18-2015, 11:29 AM
Last Post: on the virge

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.