Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Jun-2014 thru Aug 2015]
RE: SleepyHead Software - Beginner's Guide, Questions, Answers & Discussion
I just tried the x64 version of Sleepyhead (and the x32 I have been using).

x64 plain crashes when the import folder is not P-Series (P-Series - 4) for example crashes it). x32 version will simply complain the folder P-Series - 4 doesn't contain data.

Also - the importing and file conversion in the x64 version is rather - for lack of better words - clunky. But understand I am a software product manager and ease of use and clarity is a major major problem I deal with all the time (Bangalore SW team); so I am overtly sensitive to these things.

Anyway - looks like I am moving back to x32 for a while. If the SW author is present (newb here) I'd be happy to go offline and provide real feedback (versions, actions to reproduce, etc.).
Hi folks, in printing the summary page Sleepyhead seems to completely garble the printout to the point it isn't usable. See attachment. Other printed pages appear quite legible and well formatted.

Any clues or hints to make that first statistics summary page print better?

(05-29-2015, 01:26 PM)GWild Wrote: Hi folks, in printing the summary page Sleepyhead seems to completely garble the printout to the point it isn't usable. See attachment. Other printed pages appear quite legible and well formatted.

What is the OS you're running and what is your screen resolution?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Windows 7 at 2560x1440x32... I've tried setting a compatibility mode for lower res, but that had no effect. Plus, since the other screens and plots do print normally, my suspicion falls on how the stats screen is rendered.

(05-29-2015, 03:49 PM)sgearhart Wrote:
(05-29-2015, 01:26 PM)GWild Wrote: Hi folks, in printing the summary page Sleepyhead seems to completely garble the printout to the point it isn't usable. See attachment. Other printed pages appear quite legible and well formatted.

What is the OS you're running and what is your screen resolution?

(05-29-2015, 04:13 PM)GWild Wrote: Windows 7 at 2560x1440x32... I've tried setting a compatibility mode for lower res, but that had no effect. Plus, since the other screens and plots do print normally, my suspicion falls on how the stats screen is rendered.

My bad! I wasn't thinking "printing". This is a known glitch. On my system SH uses my screen font metric when it prints to the printer (96 dpi vs 1200 dpi). I have to use a magnifying glass to read it.

My suggestion is to use the Snipping Tool that comes in Windows7 to crop the area you wish to print and paste it into a graphics program.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

That is what I've usually resorted to doing...

Thanks.

(05-29-2015, 05:27 PM)sgearhart Wrote:
(05-29-2015, 04:13 PM)GWild Wrote: Windows 7 at 2560x1440x32... I've tried setting a compatibility mode for lower res, but that had no effect. Plus, since the other screens and plots do print normally, my suspicion falls on how the stats screen is rendered.

My bad! I wasn't thinking "printing". This is a known glitch. On my system SH uses my screen font metric when it prints to the printer (96 dpi vs 1200 dpi). I have to use a magnifying glass to read it.

My suggestion is to use the Snipping Tool that comes in Windows7 to crop the area you wish to print and paste it into a graphics program.

AHI for the day

Using SleepyHead v0.9.8-1 which is a testing OpenGL version, with Win 7. Machine as shown in my profile.

On the daily view, left panel, Details Tab, scrolling down to the bottom there is a block diagram of the sessions, that is, times when the machine is turned on.

In a recent 24 hr time period, I had 5 sessions, counting a midday nap, plus 4 sessions overnight as I turn off the blower when I wake for a bathroom break.

Clicking on the block for a separate session, the data above changes, with a new AHI, and a new breakdown for the CA, LL, OA, HY, RERA, and start and stop times.

Here's what is interesting to me:

When looking at the whole day, all sessions shown on graphs, the AHI is 5.29, much higher than any of the individual sessions.

Looking at each of the 5 sessions in turn, here's the duration and the AHI rating for each.

--nap 1 hr 1 min AHI: 4.43
--night Session 1: 1 hr 55 min AHI: 2.83
--night Session 2: 2 hr 14 min AHI: 1.11
--night Session 3: 1 hr 49 min AHI: 0.37
--night Session 4: 1 hr 9 min AHI: 0.37

If I select the sessions starting with the most recent and going backwards, the AHI values change again. And, they seem to accumulate sometimes, i.e., each block stays lit up and the AHI values add on, increasingly higher.

Going from earliest to most recent, i.e. left to right, the AHI values increase as each session stays "on":

0.86 2.46 4.18 4.92 5.29

If this is cumulative, it would seem that the individual sessions would be:
0.86 [2.46-0.86]=1.6 [4.18-2.46]=1.72 [4.92-4.18]=0.74 [5.29-4.92]=0.37

In any of those sequences, no individual session is as high as the total for all the session, i.e. for the day.

Is this a bug in the coding, or do I not understand how AHI is calculated?

I just upgraded to SleepyHead v0.9.8-1 (testing) x32 ...

#1: Upon import, it seemed to be locked in a loop constantly saying it needed to upgrade the library and import data. That occurred even after seeing a screen of freshly imported data.

Known issue, or bug?

#2: Upon a few minutes of idleness, the program simply stopped running with Windows reporting "The application has stopped." and I was doing nothing. Memory leak? I had been trying to reconcile the 0.9.8 data with the 0.9.5 data (things didn't look the same for the recent weeks -- more on this later).

#3: 0.9.8 most definitely does NOT like changing folders will induce an instant crash. This includes both OpenGL and BrokenGL executables. Also includes the x32 and x64 versions.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: SleepyHead-BrokenGL.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 04d4b6c8
Fault Module Name: SleepyHead-BrokenGL.exe
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 04d4b6c8
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00118319
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

#4: selecting 'Last week' from 'Last three months' resulted in a crash.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: SleepyHead-OpenGL.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 04db5f00
Fault Module Name: SleepyHead-OpenGL.exe
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 04db5f00
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 002ba2df
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

#5: Selecting a different Day in the Daily tab results in crash.

Moving back to v0.9.5 -- it seems much more stable.
Hi,
I can not run the software program. I get an error message that my computer is missing a dll file.
Ron
(06-02-2015, 03:49 PM)packgreen49 Wrote: Hi,
I can not run the software program. I get an error message that my computer is missing a dll file.
Ron

Go to:
http://www.sleepfiles.com/SH2/?TestingVersions

Scroll down to the middle of the page. . . Read.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another OSCAR cannot find data thread - with a twist. Cuppa 63 3,996 03-02-2023, 04:30 AM
Last Post: Cuppa
  OSCAR v1.3.0 is released [old archived thread] Gideon 36 7,521 02-07-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Looking for DreamStation 2 samples using 12mm heated tube [thread closed] sawinglogz 6 1,206 01-14-2022, 04:43 PM
Arrow ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions] SuperSleeper 1,109 1,649,265 08-25-2015, 07:10 PM
  New ResScan Version 5.4.1 - updated June 19, 2015 [old version] SuperSleeper 3 9,323 07-21-2015, 03:58 PM
Last Post: spursfan1965
Idea Updates to SleepyHead [May 2015] SuperSleeper 21 7,370 06-26-2015, 04:45 PM
Last Post: Mark Douglas
Arrow EncoreBasic 2.4.8.0 CPAP Reporting Software [Archived read-only thread] EncoreBasic User 142 88,594 02-18-2015, 11:29 AM
Last Post: on the virge

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.