Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Jun-2014 thru Aug 2015]
RE: SleepyHead Software - Beginner's Guide, Questions, Answers & Discussion
(12-03-2014, 08:19 AM)Insomnia Wrote: What could cause the data to be absolutely impossible?

I've been using SH for about 10 months without a glitch that I know of. However, yesterday I removed the SD card to download data to Sleepyhead (v. 0.9.6 Broken...) at about 0545, but now it shows the wake time as 1017. No data are recorded from my actual wake time to 1017.

I kept the card in the laptop, and took both the laptop and the PRS1 to my RT for her to check pressure with her manometer. I opened the laptop at about 1017 to show her snoring data, and did not return the SD card to the PRS1 until late afternoon. The point being that the card was out of the machine for more than 4 hours when the machine was not plugged in.

The other oddity is that this morning I downloaded last night's data and SH showed the wake time to be 1017, even though it is now 0802. The AHI was higher than all the data would yield (1.47 rather than 0.59 for 3 hypopneas and one FL in 5:16 of use). I shut down and restarted SH, and it then showed today's data and graph, with the 5:16 of use correctly reported and a wake time of 0553. I'm not sure I trust last night's data: there's usually a RERA or two and a whole lot of VS2 snoring. Last night, nothing.

Can SH put in an ending time by itself? Do you think the SD card might have become flaky? Could I replace it with any formatted 2 gig SD card, or does Respironics have hidden files in the SD cards they sell?

I'd appreciate your thoughts. (Mod: Please move this post if it's in the wrong thread.)
There should (can?) be no interaction between your data card and your your CPAP machine and your data card if the machine is not turned on or plugged in.
SH on the other hand seems to be able to display a sleep period, shorter than your total sleep session, if your total sleep session consists of a number of periods joined together, eg if they are separated by short disconnects of your CPAP, or perhaps periods of wakefulness. I would doubt if the card became flaky, but the switch could become intermittent. In this case the card should still be able to be read, but not altered.

SH itself seems to be a mystery wrapped in an enigma, and I am still trying to learn how it works with a standard Mac, but evidently configured differently than the one used to prepare a SH Users' Guide.
Keep on trying ! There are sleep stage monitors with the functionality of the Zeo that provide data that may help you interpret your SH data. Zeo, itself may be a discontinued product.)
I've found that if you have multiple sessions in a single night and you deselect certain sessions, they will remain off permanently until you turn them back on. This holds true even if you exit SH and restart it. I forgot and turned off a session, I noticed it missing in the Overview display. I had to turn it back on then reload the data for it to display correctly.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Sometimes when viewing SH Overview page, I click on what is apparently the wrong spot, and the dates drop to 6 columns, each about 2 inches wide for a a week in the previous month.

1. I do not intend this to happen.
2. I do not know how to reverse the process to show the "Last Three Months" which is still the Range label (bottom right).

Can anyone tell me how to get back to the Last Three Months from where I am: Six Random Days in November ?

The Switch Arrow is currently at 22 Nov 2014, the vertical arrowhead shows a black and gree interval labelled AHI.

So the SH Users Guide should not only show how to do things but how to get out of sticky anomalous situations like I am now in. (2 in wide columns are no more informational than 1/4 in columns - so this is no magnified view or anything useful.)

I'd include a picture if I knew how to include it in final Post.)
(12-04-2014, 02:20 PM)sgearhart Wrote: I've found that if you have multiple sessions in a single night and you deselect certain sessions, they will remain off permanently until you turn them back on. This holds true even if you exit SH and restart it. I forgot and turned off a session, I noticed it missing in the Overview display. I had to turn it back on then reload the data for it to display correctly.
Well sgearhart how do you deselect certain sections. Do tell!
Go to the Daily screen. Scroll down below the pie chart on the lower left. At the bottom you will see either a little green (active) or red (off/hidden) bar to the left of each session for that day. You can either toggle them by clicking on them or the blocks of time just above their listings. I hope this proves helpful.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
(12-04-2014, 05:16 PM)sgearhart Wrote: Go to the Daily screen. Scroll down below the pie chart on the lower left. At the bottom you will see either a little green (active) or red (off/hidden) bar to the left of each session for that day. You can either toggle them by clicking on them or the blocks of time just above their listings. I hope this proves helpful.

Yes, that was helpful, and I see what you are referring to.

What are those little black & Green strips next to the date?

I don't think that I have ever scrolled down the left sidebar before, and had stopped at Machine Settings.

A problem is that there is much in the SH display that is not identified. I have mentioned before CA (Clear Airway) not being defined, nor even listed in the definitions. Although I have 4 CA events, the duration is listed as 0.39 hours (23 min), and my sleep time is listed as only 25:22 min in a 10.2 hr session, which is not adequate, but I cannot identify which period(s) of the 10 hr session were sleep.

Thanks, again for your explanation of the LH sidebar. Thanks

(12-03-2014, 10:08 PM)glennaa11 Wrote: I've been trying to download this software but after the countdown nothing happens. ....

If you're downloading from sourceforge, nothing may happen; go instead to http colon fwdslash fwdslash sleepfiles dot com fwdslash SH fwdslash (I'm not allowed to include links until my ninth message), where there's no confusion in button choices.

Admin note: The link Insomnia was trying to post is here:

http://www.sleepfiles.com/SH/

That link is also at the top right of every forum page (where it says "SleepyHead).

Note: If you use a ResMed AirSense 10 machine, you will need to download the current "testing build" of SleepyHead from this page:

http://www.SleepFiles.com/SH/index.html?TestingVersions

When I go to the overview tab and try to look at last night's sessions as well as those back through December 1, last night's sessions aren't showing. There's no horizontal scroll bar.

Is it possible to see the last session's data on the overview tab?

Lamb
To all, to each, a fair good-night,
And pleasing dreams, and slumbers light.
       Scott—Marmion. L’Envoy. To the Reader.

Diagnosed with OSA in 2014
AHI=18
Lowest SpO2: 79%
Lambsydoats,
My overview does that all the time. Right click anywhere out on the graphs. That should restore the information. Note: Left clicking reduces the number dates displayed. Right clicking will increase the number of dates displayed. If you point to a beginning date and drag your mouse pointer to the ending date you want, while holding the left button (as in highlighting selected dates), then they will be the only ones displayed. Also, the statistical data for each category will be based only on the date range you've selected.

I hope I made that as clear as mud.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

(12-05-2014, 04:42 PM)sgearhart Wrote: I hope I made that as clear as mud.

Apparently you didn't: I right-clicked on the screen and wa-la. There's December 4!

Thanks bunches, sgearhart!

Lamb
To all, to each, a fair good-night,
And pleasing dreams, and slumbers light.
       Scott—Marmion. L’Envoy. To the Reader.

Diagnosed with OSA in 2014
AHI=18
Lowest SpO2: 79%

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another OSCAR cannot find data thread - with a twist. Cuppa 63 4,197 03-02-2023, 04:30 AM
Last Post: Cuppa
  OSCAR v1.3.0 is released [old archived thread] Gideon 36 7,610 02-07-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Looking for DreamStation 2 samples using 12mm heated tube [thread closed] sawinglogz 6 1,238 01-14-2022, 04:43 PM
Arrow ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions] SuperSleeper 1,109 1,651,551 08-25-2015, 07:10 PM
  New ResScan Version 5.4.1 - updated June 19, 2015 [old version] SuperSleeper 3 9,353 07-21-2015, 03:58 PM
Last Post: spursfan1965
Idea Updates to SleepyHead [May 2015] SuperSleeper 21 7,454 06-26-2015, 04:45 PM
Last Post: Mark Douglas
Arrow EncoreBasic 2.4.8.0 CPAP Reporting Software [Archived read-only thread] EncoreBasic User 142 88,984 02-18-2015, 11:29 AM
Last Post: on the virge

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.