Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Jun-2014 thru Aug 2015]
RE: SleepyHead Software - Beginner's Guide, Questions, Answers & Discussion
(12-13-2014, 05:23 PM)sgearhart Wrote: TyroneShoes,
On version 0.9.8-1 testing(at least), there is a way to achieve what you want. I did it to compare 3 different masks.

The easiest way but is not permanent; Go to the Overview page;
Option 1:
Select "Custom" from the display options in the lower left of the screen. Since there is a flaw (Undocumented feature) in the dates, select the day after the beginning date and the date after your desired last day for the test period. (e.g.: you want the 7th thru the 17th; select the 8th and the 18th)

Option2:
Make sure all the dates you want are displayed. If not, select "Everything" from the options in the lower left of the screen. Right-click out in the graph area to rest it. With your mouse pointer, select the first date you want and, while still holding the left mouse button down, drag your pointer to the ending date and release the button. Your selected dates should be displayed along with the statistical data based only off of them.

The harder way - Permanent
Create as many users as you want special date ranges. Go to the SH data directory and copy the data from your main account into the new users accounts. Then go into each user account's data and delete the date files you don't want.

I hope I've provided you with a viable alternative.

I just read my own post; It almost sounds like I know what I'm talking about. . . Thank heaven for Holiday Inn Express!

SG: You do sound like you know what you are talking about! The ambiguity about dates comes from the unfortunate fact that the date changes while most people are asleep; a sleep period usually has two dates. I don't need to research mask performance so diligently. I just need to look at the nights data, or even reflect on my user experience.
To run your research, you could give the User name for the data the mask's name, and then everything would be sorted. Data could then be copied into separate spreadsheets, and evaluated.Big Grin

(12-08-2014, 01:20 AM)Sleepster Wrote:
(12-07-2014, 01:20 PM)BizarroX Wrote: Today I downloaded 0.9.8 and allowed it to import all the data from v0.9.3, and was surprised to see some very different numbers appearing.

I think you have to rebuild that older data. Beware that this process is not reversible, so you may want to back up your data first. If all your data resides on your SD card then that's your back up.

From the Data pull-down menu select Rebuild CPAP Data.

I don't understand - 0.9.8 imported all of the data from 0.9.3, so what would I be rebuilding? Are you saying I should rebuild the data in 0.9.3? By the way, 0.9.8 created a new data directory (SleepyHeadData-test or something), so both versions have their own independent data stores at the moment.
Recently I purchased an Airsense 10, moving up from an S8 cpap. So a lot of good changes going on. Now finding Sleepyhead is another step in the right direction of daily/weekly analyzing what is happening during my sleep. Very thankful for both JediMark and RobySue for your tremendous efforts!

A question: Using the SH 9.8.1 (testing open GL), when I go to the overview page, no data appears. Is this because this software is still a work in progress or that I am missing something?

(12-14-2014, 08:08 PM)bob456 Wrote: Recently I purchased an Airsense 10, moving up from an S8 cpap. So a lot of good changes going on. Now finding Sleepyhead is another step in the right direction of daily/weekly analyzing what is happening during my sleep. Very thankful for both JediMark and RobySue for your tremendous efforts!

A question: Using the SH 9.8.1 (testing open GL), when I go to the overview page, no data appears. Is this because this software is still a work in progress or that I am missing something?

Right click in the graph area.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
RE: SleepyHead Software - Questions, Answers & Discussion
I have downloaded this program twice and both times it has messed up my computer. How come??? I like the program but not what it does to my program. What do I do???
G'day Hawks4ever, welcome to the forum. Can you be more specific about what has happened to your computer?
Once you're on the OVERVIEW tab, right-click with your mouse. Does that help?

Lamb
To all, to each, a fair good-night,
And pleasing dreams, and slumbers light.
       Scott—Marmion. L’Envoy. To the Reader.

Diagnosed with OSA in 2014
AHI=18
Lowest SpO2: 79%
Both times I downloaded the software my default search engine changed and I noticed that my email program would not open up. Once I deleted the program and cleaned up the registry everything worked fine until I downloaded it again and opened it.
(12-16-2014, 09:39 PM)hawks4ever Wrote: Both times I downloaded the software my default search engine changed and I noticed that my email program would not open up. Once I deleted the program and cleaned up the registry everything worked fine until I downloaded it again and opened it.

Use this link:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/sleepyhe...=directory

The 32 bit version will work on a 64 bit OS. I've had problems with the 64 bit version.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
(12-16-2014, 09:39 PM)hawks4ever Wrote: Both times I downloaded the software my default search engine changed and I noticed that my email program would not open up. Once I deleted the program and cleaned up the registry everything worked fine until I downloaded it again and opened it.

You're not downloading SleepyHead, then. What's probably happening is that you clicked on an advertisement on a sourceforge mirror site that mimics a download button to get you to click on it. Those fake download buttons are usually in the header (very top) of a web page.

Make sure you're clicking on a real download button, not an ad. Those fake download button ads are all over the Internet, and when you click on them, you're usually downloading malicious software.

On the http://www.SleepFiles.com/SH website (SleepyHead's Home Page), it says:

JediMark Wrote:Warning: Please be wary of fake download buttons when downloading from SourceForge mirrors.

Be careful out there. Thinking-about

Here's what the fake download buttons look like, sometimes:

[Image: fake-download.jpg]
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another OSCAR cannot find data thread - with a twist. Cuppa 63 4,171 03-02-2023, 04:30 AM
Last Post: Cuppa
  OSCAR v1.3.0 is released [old archived thread] Gideon 36 7,589 02-07-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Looking for DreamStation 2 samples using 12mm heated tube [thread closed] sawinglogz 6 1,234 01-14-2022, 04:43 PM
Arrow ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions] SuperSleeper 1,109 1,650,922 08-25-2015, 07:10 PM
  New ResScan Version 5.4.1 - updated June 19, 2015 [old version] SuperSleeper 3 9,348 07-21-2015, 03:58 PM
Last Post: spursfan1965
Idea Updates to SleepyHead [May 2015] SuperSleeper 21 7,432 06-26-2015, 04:45 PM
Last Post: Mark Douglas
Arrow EncoreBasic 2.4.8.0 CPAP Reporting Software [Archived read-only thread] EncoreBasic User 142 88,890 02-18-2015, 11:29 AM
Last Post: on the virge

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.