Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Jun-2014 thru Aug 2015]
RE: SleepyHead Software - Beginner's Guide, Questions, Answers & Discussion
(12-14-2014, 09:42 PM)sgearhart Wrote:
(12-14-2014, 08:08 PM)bob456 Wrote: Recently I purchased an Airsense 10, moving up from an S8 cpap. So a lot of good changes going on. Now finding Sleepyhead is another step in the right direction of daily/weekly analyzing what is happening during my sleep. Very thankful for both JediMark and RobySue for your tremendous efforts!

A question: Using the SH 9.8.1 (testing open GL), when I go to the overview page, no data appears. Is this because this software is still a work in progress or that I am missing something?

Right click in the graph area.

What a simple "fix"! Thanks
I managed to build SleepyHead V0.9.8-1 (Testing) on Linux Mint 17 on an emachines E443 laptop, with help from Canberra Linux User Group members.

I generally followed the directions in the wiki Building_SleepyHead_from_Source and the readme in the sleepyhead-code directory once it had been cloned.

QtCreator didn't work for me, so I opted to build from source.

I installed the following from a Mint 17 Mirror. (mirror.aarnet.edu.au)

git
libqt5serialport5-dev
libqt5webkit5-dev
libudev-dev
qt5-qmake
qt5-default

Then from the user terminal home directory ran the following commands

git clone git://git.code.sf.net/p/sleepyhead/code sleepyhead-code
mkdir build_sleepyhead
cd build_sleepyhead
qmake ../sleepyhead-code/SleepyHeadQT.pro
make -j3

Double clicking on ./sleepyhead/SleepHead brought up the welcome screen.
IF I use sleepyhead soft ware will it mess up my SD card so my insurance co cant read it ?
(12-27-2014, 05:51 PM)rml313 Wrote: IF I use sleepyhead soft ware will it mess up my SD card so my insurance co cant read it ?

No, SH doesn't write anything to the SD card. With that said, Make sure you write protect the SD card prior to inserting into your computer. Some operating systems, Apple OS and Win8.x, want to write system volume info to every drive they sense.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Sleepyhead bug reports and screen size adjustment.

I have an issue with Sleepyhead v0.9.8-1 testing with the screen auto adjusting to the monitor. I have looked at the sourceforge page (http://sourceforge.net/p/sleepyhead/bugs/) and do not see how to enter a bug report, I can see all of the current bug tickets bu I don't see how or where to start a new one. The problem I'm having is I'm running Win7 with dual monitors and the monitors are orientated in portrait (i.e. sideways) side by side (the long edge of each monitor is on the left and right). When I open Sleepyhead it wants (demands) to auto size to the monitor size which is 1024 x 1280 and it's resizing to the 1280 as a width which in my case is the height so it over laps the second monitor with the split throught the graphs. I can resize the display manually larger but it requires me to move the calender display out then back in, move the right side panel larger and then stretch the with to fit on one screen. Sleepyhead will frequently resize especially when the red banner on top, stating it's developmental or pre-release software, changes to the second wider statement. This post is probably not in the correct place, please let me know where it should be relocated in it needs to be some where else. Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Tim
Hi Tim,

JediMark runs the private, invitation-only SleepyHead Testing Forum here on Apnea Board for his group that helps with development and testing. I have re-posted your report in the bug report thread on that forum so that perhaps one of the developers or testers may see it and respond back here in this thread.

Thanks.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Great, if they need or want more info and details I will be glad to provide it.
So here is a Question, I'm running the same as Elliott2, on a Linux box, and while it is fine and dandy with uploading from my SD card, I'm trying (In another profile, mind you) to show this software to my father, whom is also on a CPAP, (F&P Icon) from which I understood was supported, it just crashes every time I try to load his data. I've searched, and possibly I may be searching the wrong way, but have found little to no light for this situation. Any Tips?
(12-29-2014, 04:37 PM)Jamesxfce Wrote: So here is a Question, I'm running the same as Elliott2, on a Linux box, and while it is fine and dandy with uploading from my SD card, I'm trying (In another profile, mind you) to show this software to my father, whom is also on a CPAP, (F&P Icon) from which I understood was supported, it just crashes every time I try to load his data. I've searched, and possibly I may be searching the wrong way, but have found little to no light for this situation. Any Tips?

I don't suppose this is the right spot for troubleshooting, but...
have you tried:
  1. Loading to a new profile from your own SD Card
  2. Reading his SD Card from outside sleepyhead?

and if both of those things work, copy from his SD card and change the loading preference to an on disk tmp location? Seems like a crash while importing could be related to the third party Qt5
(12-29-2014, 05:48 PM)DariaVader Wrote:
(12-29-2014, 04:37 PM)Jamesxfce Wrote: So here is a Question, I'm running the same as Elliott2, on a Linux box, and while it is fine and dandy with uploading from my SD card, I'm trying (In another profile, mind you) to show this software to my father, whom is also on a CPAP, (F&P Icon) from which I understood was supported, it just crashes every time I try to load his data. I've searched, and possibly I may be searching the wrong way, but have found little to no light for this situation. Any Tips?

I don't suppose this is the right spot for troubleshooting, but...
have you tried:
  1. Loading to a new profile from your own SD Card
  2. Reading his SD Card from outside sleepyhead?

and if both of those things work, copy from his SD card and change the loading preference to an on disk tmp location? Seems like a crash while importing could be related to the third party Qt5

His is USB setup but i did transfer the information to my hard drive, when I get home and get a hold of a SD Card, I will try to import it that way, on a related note I was able to get it running via Windows Virtual Box, but the dates are completely sporadic, while he may not be using it every day, I doubt this machine is so good that it can tell when he is going to use it up until Oct 2016...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another OSCAR cannot find data thread - with a twist. Cuppa 63 3,991 03-02-2023, 04:30 AM
Last Post: Cuppa
  OSCAR v1.3.0 is released [old archived thread] Gideon 36 7,516 02-07-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Looking for DreamStation 2 samples using 12mm heated tube [thread closed] sawinglogz 6 1,205 01-14-2022, 04:43 PM
Arrow ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions] SuperSleeper 1,109 1,649,106 08-25-2015, 07:10 PM
  New ResScan Version 5.4.1 - updated June 19, 2015 [old version] SuperSleeper 3 9,318 07-21-2015, 03:58 PM
Last Post: spursfan1965
Idea Updates to SleepyHead [May 2015] SuperSleeper 21 7,362 06-26-2015, 04:45 PM
Last Post: Mark Douglas
Arrow EncoreBasic 2.4.8.0 CPAP Reporting Software [Archived read-only thread] EncoreBasic User 142 88,586 02-18-2015, 11:29 AM
Last Post: on the virge

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.