Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Jun-2014 thru Aug 2015]
RE: SleepyHead Software - Beginner's Guide, Questions, Answers & Discussion
Perhaps someone on here can pass this on to JediMark?

I'm using v0.9.8-1 (Open GL Version) of sleepyhead on Windows 8.1 (64 bit).

Sleepyhead reports the Sleep, Wake, and Hours values. I have noticed that the total hours of sleep always shows a value in the seconds from 0 to 13. I have gone back over my data for over 12 months and cannot see any other value. It's not a big issue, hours and minutes should be good enough for anyone!

Checking the maths from the Sleep and wake times shown seems to be correct, though 'disturbed' nights show a value lower than the apparent pause period in the trace would lead me to expect. Maybe this is some weirdness with the way my Resmed S9 reports the times?
Thinking-about Last week I got my PR System One REMstar Auto. It is a machine from a local DME and procured via Medicare/insurance. As such it has a modem attached so they can monitor my usage. As such I can see nothing other than the SleepMapper items because it's all stored on the PR data base and they hide all the good info making it only available to my DME supplier. Can I remove the modem, put in an SD card and get my data myself? Then put the modem back in! I think it's so unfair I can't see more of my data! I am concerned if I remove the modem regularly they will know and take away my machine or void the insurance qualification. Anyone doing this?
(01-25-2015, 09:14 AM)Gulfbreezey Wrote: Thinking-about Last week I got my PR System One REMstar Auto. It is a machine from a local DME and procured via Medicare/insurance. As such it has a modem attached so they can monitor my usage. As such I can see nothing other than the SleepMapper items because it's all stored on the PR data base and they hide all the good info making it only available to my DME supplier. Can I remove the modem, put in an SD card and get my data myself? Then put the modem back in! I think it's so unfair I can't see more of my data! I am concerned if I remove the modem regularly they will know and take away my machine or void the insurance qualification. Anyone doing this?

Yes you can. I'm wondering if getting a wireless SD card and Sleep Master software to download it wouldn't be easier. That way you only disassemble the unit once.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
That sounds interesting, thank for the info. I'll look into wireless SD cards since I'm not up to speed on them. I tried to find the Sleep Master software with no success. Also I have now determined that there is an SD card in the machine already. Uh Oh?? On the screen on top of the machine it indicates it's unlocked and there is some information it will let me see from the top screen. This makes me think I shouldn't replace it?
With some more research I've now found that there is an SD card in the machine as well as the modem. I also scrolled through the status and it seems that might be where some of this info is coming from? I'm thinking I shouldn't replace their SD card? I do appreciate the reply. I'll look into wireless SD cards since that's new to me. (can you say a little behind the times?)

Also I don't know, nor could I find, Sleep Master. I'm on a iMac and not Windows maybe that's why?
If you have an SD card, you don't need another one. I don't know about your specific machine so I would have to ask, is it data capable other than to record how many hours you use it? If so, look at the info on sleepyhead and see if it is compatible with your specific machine. If so, download sleepyhead and use it to view your data from the SD card. Sleepyhead does not cost. Hope this helps.
(01-25-2015, 03:21 PM)Gulfbreezey Wrote: With some more research I've now found that there is an SD card in the machine as well as the modem. I also scrolled through the status and it seems that might be where some of this info is coming from? I'm thinking I shouldn't replace their SD card? I do appreciate the reply. I'll look into wireless SD cards since that's new to me. (can you say a little behind the times?)

Also I don't know, nor could I find, Sleep Master. I'm on a iMac and not Windows maybe that's why?

Here is the forum's thread for Sleep Master:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...a-transfer

Here is the website:
http://www.sleepmaster.org

What you do is insert the blank wireless SD card into the CPAP. It will format it and put the basic info on the card. Next, copy the data from the current card to the wireless one. Then run the setup on Sleep Master to configure the wireless portion. It will prompt you through the same steps that I just listed. S-M allows for automatic download of the SD's data to your computer without having to remove the SD card each time.

There is a version for Linux using Wine. Another member said that this works on a Mac. If it does work with a Mac, I guess you will have an iPAP.Dielaughing
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
(01-25-2015, 05:35 AM)malkie0831 Wrote: Perhaps someone on here can pass this on to JediMark?

malkie0831, I copied your post into the SleepyHead Testing Forum bug reporting thread, so that when JediMark returns to development, he can see your report.

Thanks.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Is there any word on a newer version of Sleepyhead becoming available any time soon? I am using Version 0.09.8-1.

Sleepyhead can no longer pull Flow Rate data off my Fisher Paykel ICON+ Auto data card, even though it used to import this data. I can see that the flow rate data files are still being written to by the ICON, but as of 12/30/2015, the data no longer imports.

I have checked with Fisher Paykel, and have determined that the machine's firmware version has not changed. Also, I have determined that other FP ICON users are experiencing this same loss of flow rate data.

It seems likely to me that Sleepyhead can no longer recognize FP timestamp format, and was wondering if Jedimark might be working on a fix.
(01-26-2015, 12:32 PM)Woodslinger Wrote: Is there any word on a newer version of Sleepyhead becoming available any time soon? I am using Version 0.09.8-1.

Sleepyhead can no longer pull Flow Rate data off my Fisher Paykel ICON+ Auto data card, even though it used to import this data. I can see that the flow rate data files are still being written to by the ICON, but as of 12/30/2015, the data no longer imports.

I have checked with Fisher Paykel, and have determined that the machine's firmware version has not changed. Also, I have determined that other FP ICON users are experiencing this same loss of flow rate data.

It seems likely to me that Sleepyhead can no longer recognize FP timestamp format, and was wondering if Jedimark might be working on a fix.

In the interim, you might need to go back to the last version that read your data.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another OSCAR cannot find data thread - with a twist. Cuppa 63 4,001 03-02-2023, 04:30 AM
Last Post: Cuppa
  OSCAR v1.3.0 is released [old archived thread] Gideon 36 7,522 02-07-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Looking for DreamStation 2 samples using 12mm heated tube [thread closed] sawinglogz 6 1,207 01-14-2022, 04:43 PM
Arrow ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions] SuperSleeper 1,109 1,649,407 08-25-2015, 07:10 PM
  New ResScan Version 5.4.1 - updated June 19, 2015 [old version] SuperSleeper 3 9,324 07-21-2015, 03:58 PM
Last Post: spursfan1965
Idea Updates to SleepyHead [May 2015] SuperSleeper 21 7,372 06-26-2015, 04:45 PM
Last Post: Mark Douglas
Arrow EncoreBasic 2.4.8.0 CPAP Reporting Software [Archived read-only thread] EncoreBasic User 142 88,612 02-18-2015, 11:29 AM
Last Post: on the virge

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.