Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Jun-2014 thru Aug 2015]
RE: SleepyHead Software - Beginner's Guide, Questions, Answers & Discussion
Hi Robysue,

I was able to import data from the SD card into SleepyHead on my PC. The data only went up until 7/11/2014. I've used the machine since then so I don't understand why there are no more recent nights on the SD card? Doesn't it collect information automatically every night as long as the card is is in the XPAP?

Thank you!
Paula
I have a S8 Autoset. My Resmed software no longer works (can't find any data) Sleepyhead supports S9 but will it work with S8, or is there another software I can use.
Thanks All
(08-04-2015, 02:26 AM)Paula McCabe Wrote: Hi Robysue,

I was able to import data from the SD card into SleepyHead on my PC. The data only went up until 7/11/2014. I've used the machine since then so I don't understand why there are no more recent nights on the SD card? Doesn't it collect information automatically every night as long as the card is is in the XPAP?

Thank you!
Paula

Has the lock on the SD card been in the lock position since 7/11?

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
(08-04-2015, 02:26 AM)Paula McCabe Wrote: Doesn't it collect information automatically every night as long as the card is is in the XPAP?

Not if the card is write protected. We usually advise you to write protect the card before putting it in your computer, and that leaves the possibility that you will forget to move the little teeny tab back so it can be written to before you put it back in the machine. I've done that a time or two myself, which is one reason why I now use a WIFI enabled card that I don't have to take out of the machine.

Another reason is that the first card that came with the Resmed machine had the little teeny weensy tab fall out when I tried with my aging fumbling fingers to move it back one day, thus making the card unusable (well I could still read it but not write to it).

Then the second "official" Resmed card just suddenly died one night for no reason I could detect. So I put a spare third party card in and ordered the WIFI enabled card from the internet.

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

(07-14-2015, 03:35 PM)BadGoodDeb Wrote: If you mean the ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset, I've been using Sleepyhead quite happily with that machine! I'm on a mac; I think the PC version is even more ready for the ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset.

Just wanted to clarify, so the latest version of Sleepyhead works with ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset? As in I just install then it works? Its been a while since I checked out the forum and that time the airs sense 10 just came out. :grin:
(08-04-2015, 08:02 PM)sleepless-in-manila Wrote: Just wanted to clarify, so the latest version of Sleepyhead works with ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset? As in I just install then it works? Its been a while since I checked out the forum and that time the airs sense 10 just came out.

You don't even install it in the normal sense. Just download the compressed file and extract the files into a directory you create for them. Then just double click on one of the two executable files in that directory and follow the instructions.

The version I have is 0.9.8-1 and it works fine with the machine you have, which is the same one I have.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

(08-04-2015, 02:43 AM)Davo74 Wrote: I have a S8 Autoset. My Resmed software no longer works (can't find any data) Sleepyhead supports S9 but will it work with S8, or is there another software I can use.
Thanks All

SleepyHead does NOT support S8.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Lately I have observed in Sleepyhead it seems that whatever the duration of the first CA of a session, all subsequent CAs are reported as having that same duration.

I have looked at three days worth of data and found this to be consistent. On one day there was one duration for most of the night, and then it changed to a second value for all subsequent CAs. Upon closer examination, the machine was turned off for a few minutes and after it came back on, all CAs had the same duration as the first CA of the second session that night. So the behavior was consistent.

When I pull up the same data in ResScan the durations of the CAs vary.

Wondering if this is a known bug in Sleepyhead software?

Saldus Miegas
[split] SLEEPYHEAD SOFTWARE/ F&P ICON+
I have a Fisher & Paykel ICON+ and a MacBook Pro running 10.6.8 on one partition, and failed in my attempts to load data into Sleepyhead for the first time. I downloaded and installed the OpenGL version of Sleepyhead, and created my profile. I attempted to load in my data multiple times, but Sleepyhead has only read in the first three days I used the machine, which is June 2 through 4.

After this failure, I rebooted to my other partition where I am running OS 10.8.5, installed Sleepyhead OpenGL version, set up the profile, and attempted to load in the data multiple times. On this OS Sleepyhead can't load in the data at all! This time there's an error message: "Import Problem. Couldn't find any valid Machine Data at /Volumes/FPHCARE." FPHCARE is the name of the USB stick.

After I ejected my USB stick, I put it back into the Icon+ and confirmed that my data is all there on the UI on the APAP itself.

Then I rebooted back to the OS 10.6.8 partition where I have an elderly version of Windows XP that runs on Parallels. I downloaded the 32 bit Windows version of Sleepyhead OpenGL and installed it. Once again it was only able to load in the first three days of data, June 2-4.

After that I tried BrokenGL and it told me that I can use OpenGL and didn't need BrokenGL.

From the time stamps on this thread, it may be that I need an older version of Sleepyhead.

Can anyone help?

FWIW, I really like the detailed data I could see for June 2-4, and wish I could load in all my data. Naturally, there's a time crunch because the provider wants to swap sticks so he can upload my data to to F&P in order to to provide it to the sleep center doc.

Thanks for your help!
The more I read about it, the better I understand. (Sleepy Head)

The help is well thought out, and written. Thanks for the effort. I am REALLY beginning to understand apnea and the ways to fine tune the treatment, although for me personally, I only struggle with leaks, but I am close to a solution.

One question, on the S-10 Res med machine, using SH, the left sidebar has a smiley face instead of a pie chart, can I change that? I seen where it could be changed but haven't run across how to do it yet?

Chuck

Thanks

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another OSCAR cannot find data thread - with a twist. Cuppa 63 3,992 03-02-2023, 04:30 AM
Last Post: Cuppa
  OSCAR v1.3.0 is released [old archived thread] Gideon 36 7,517 02-07-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Looking for DreamStation 2 samples using 12mm heated tube [thread closed] sawinglogz 6 1,205 01-14-2022, 04:43 PM
Arrow ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions] SuperSleeper 1,109 1,649,149 08-25-2015, 07:10 PM
  New ResScan Version 5.4.1 - updated June 19, 2015 [old version] SuperSleeper 3 9,318 07-21-2015, 03:58 PM
Last Post: spursfan1965
Idea Updates to SleepyHead [May 2015] SuperSleeper 21 7,364 06-26-2015, 04:45 PM
Last Post: Mark Douglas
Arrow EncoreBasic 2.4.8.0 CPAP Reporting Software [Archived read-only thread] EncoreBasic User 142 88,591 02-18-2015, 11:29 AM
Last Post: on the virge

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.