Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Jun-2014 thru Aug 2015]
RE: SleepyHead Software - Beginner's Guide, Questions, Answers & Discussion
I did what I was told, exactly, no luck. I was able to find it in my downloads, and I "extracted" all of the files. I have files that say "Imageformats, Platforms, printsupport, SQLDrivers, Translations, all of which say File Folder. Then there are the ones that have across from them, application extension, like Icudt52.dll, Icuin52.dll, Icuuc52.dl. I have two in my downloads, one that shows a file folder standing up open, and one that shows it standing but with a closed zipper. Both show in the icon, "Sleepyhead testing-0.9.8-1-T2 windows 32bit". When I double click the icon of either folder it puts up the file opening "page" where if I again double click I get the list of file folders and application extensions. there is no file that ends in an ".exe". I can not seem to find an "Execute file anywhere. Thank you for all of your help, especially since I am running out of brick walls to bang my head against.
Thanks archangel.

I can see from the source code that he hasn't added my model. I thought I could put an old model number into my properties file to trick the software into reading my data, but my file structures are different than the previous models, especially the detailed data file, so it wouldn't work anyway.

I'm a PHP coder so I think I"ll throw together a quick app to load my data into a mysql database and report from it. My .002 file is pretty different from what he shows in his documentation for the other models, but I think I can figure out the structure after reading his outline of the other file types.

I appreciate all the work that was done on the software. I can see how much effort was put into it, especially considering no money was made off of it. But as they say, if you want something done it's best to do it yourself Smile

Thanks again...

Archangel wrote:

The PRS1 BiPAP S/T model 1060 that you have is a fairly new model. It's possible the author never added it to the list of supported machines.

Unfortunately, jedimark, the author, isn't working on the program much at the current time.
(04-09-2015, 12:27 PM)joeshmoe Wrote: Thanks archangel.

I can see from the source code that he hasn't added my model. I thought I could put an old model number into my properties file to trick the software into reading my data, but my file structures are different than the previous models, especially the detailed data file, so it wouldn't work anyway.

I'm a PHP coder so I think I"ll throw together a quick app to load my data into a mysql database and report from it. My .002 file is pretty different from what he shows in his documentation for the other models, but I think I can figure out the structure after reading his outline of the other file types.

I appreciate all the work that was done on the software. I can see how much effort was put into it, especially considering no money was made off of it. But as they say, if you want something done it's best to do it yourself Smile

Thanks again...

SleepyHead is open source if you feel up to figuring out how to add the 1060 model to the supported machines. I know Mark has talked about there being an "importer" that varies from machine model to model. I have no clue about how difficult the code is to read or update.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
(04-09-2015, 10:38 AM)LuMoX0379 Wrote: I did what I was told, exactly, no luck. I was able to find it in my downloads, and I "extracted" all of the files. I have files that say "Imageformats, Platforms, printsupport, SQLDrivers, Translations, all of which say File Folder. Then there are the ones that have across from them, application extension, like Icudt52.dll, Icuin52.dll, Icuuc52.dl. I have two in my downloads, one that shows a file folder standing up open, and one that shows it standing but with a closed zipper. Both show in the icon, "Sleepyhead testing-0.9.8-1-T2 windows 32bit". When I double click the icon of either folder it puts up the file opening "page" where if I again double click I get the list of file folders and application extensions. there is no file that ends in an ".exe". I can not seem to find an "Execute file anywhere. Thank you for all of your help, especially since I am running out of brick walls to bang my head against.

The "zipper folder" icons are the zip files. Unfortunately, some versions of Windows will silently open those without warning you that you're not really in a folder, and it screws things up.

You may need to turn off the "hide extensions for known file types" in windows explorer. It's under "tools, folder options, view," although Microsoft likes to change the wording on the menu between versions. That's on by default, and it prevents Windows Explorer from showing the ".exe" extension. You might also try the details view.

Whatever moron at Microsoft decided to hide the extensions needs a good, stiff beating on a regular basis.

Go into the "folder" folder, not the "zipper" folder. You should see "SleepyHead-OpenGL.exe" in there. You may not see the .exe file if "hide extensions" is enabled in Windows Explorer.

If you don't see a SleepyHead-OpenGL file in there somewhere, re-download and unzip again.

What version of Windows are you using? It's possible that MicroShaft has screwed up Windows Explorer even more than earlier versions.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
I do have the source code but it's written in c plus plus so I can read and understand it a bit but I can't code in it. It looks like it's written well and somewhat flexibly so it wouldn't be too hard to add a machine for someone who knows c++ (which I don't).

Anyway, if I figure out the structure of my files, maybe I'll post it here in the hopes that someone will be able to add it to the software. For myself, being a PHP web coder, I will try to parse my data into a MySQL database and report out of it. Not sure I'll do graphs, but I would like to see if there are any trends in the data that might be useful to recognize.

(04-10-2015, 01:53 PM)archangle Wrote: SleepyHead is open source if you feel up to figuring out how to add the 1060 model to the supported machines. I know Mark has talked about there being an "importer" that varies from machine model to model. I have no clue about how difficult the code is to read or update.

(04-10-2015, 02:34 PM)archangle Wrote: Whatever moron at Microsoft decided to hide the extensions needs a good, stiff beating on a regular basis.

Happy Eyes
I'm not adding anything to the thread but agree with this point. One of the first things I do when I sit down at a different computer is Show hidden files, uncheck hide extensions and protected files.

One tip, if you're using Win 7 and your computer is set to hide the menu, just tap the ALT key to bring it up. Might work in 8 but I can't say. I refuse to use 8.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
I've had a read through this thread but haven't found the answer to a quick question I have on backing up / exporting SH data.

The dialogue box has options for Resolution: Details, Session, and Daily. I'm not able to post an image of the dialogue box unfortunately.

I'm wanting to do a regular backup of my data to my dropbox account as this laptop may or may not be on it's last legs.

Which option should I be selecting to get a complete backup that I could later import into a fresh setup of SleepyHead?

Cheers
(04-15-2015, 06:14 PM)308hjute Wrote: I've had a read through this thread but haven't found the answer to a quick question I have on backing up / exporting SH data.

The dialogue box has options for Resolution: Details, Session, and Daily. I'm not able to post an image of the dialogue box unfortunately.

I'm wanting to do a regular backup of my data to my dropbox account as this laptop may or may not be on it's last legs.

Which option should I be selecting to get a complete backup that I could later import into a fresh setup of SleepyHead?

Cheers
You could just point SH to use a folder in your Dropbox.
This space for rent.
(04-10-2015, 02:34 PM)archangle Wrote: Whatever moron at Microsoft decided to hide the extensions needs a good, stiff beating on a regular basis.

Go into the "folder" folder, not the "zipper" folder. You should see "SleepyHead-OpenGL.exe" in there. You may not see the .exe file if "hide extensions" is enabled in Windows Explorer.

If you don't see a SleepyHead-OpenGL file in there somewhere, re-download and unzip again.

Even if it's not showing the exe file extension, you should be able to double click on the only file that has a sheep wearing a mask, for an icon.

(04-15-2015, 06:25 PM)LanceC Wrote:
(04-15-2015, 06:14 PM)308hjute Wrote: I've had a read through this thread but haven't found the answer to a quick question I have on backing up / exporting SH data.

Cheers
You could just point SH to use a folder in your Dropbox.

Perfect! Thank you.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another OSCAR cannot find data thread - with a twist. Cuppa 63 4,001 03-02-2023, 04:30 AM
Last Post: Cuppa
  OSCAR v1.3.0 is released [old archived thread] Gideon 36 7,522 02-07-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Looking for DreamStation 2 samples using 12mm heated tube [thread closed] sawinglogz 6 1,207 01-14-2022, 04:43 PM
Arrow ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions] SuperSleeper 1,109 1,649,489 08-25-2015, 07:10 PM
  New ResScan Version 5.4.1 - updated June 19, 2015 [old version] SuperSleeper 3 9,324 07-21-2015, 03:58 PM
Last Post: spursfan1965
Idea Updates to SleepyHead [May 2015] SuperSleeper 21 7,372 06-26-2015, 04:45 PM
Last Post: Mark Douglas
Arrow EncoreBasic 2.4.8.0 CPAP Reporting Software [Archived read-only thread] EncoreBasic User 142 88,620 02-18-2015, 11:29 AM
Last Post: on the virge

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.