Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Jun-2014 thru Aug 2015]
RE: SleepyHead Software - Beginner's Guide, Questions, Answers & Discussion
My overview graph is blank. Any ideas why that might be?
Right-Click anywhere in the graph area.

Here is a link to Sleepyhead Tips and Tricks:
http://sleepyhead.sourceforge.net/wiki/i..._Shortcuts
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
(04-19-2015, 09:54 AM)SleepingDragon Wrote:
(04-19-2015, 09:31 AM)JimmyMc Wrote: Well I downloaded the Macintosh "Beta".
You can't afford a real Mac developer to do this?
I'm sorry to hear about your issues... I'm a big Mac fan myself - stuck in a PC world .
++ Beta versions will have bugs, this is why they are labeled as Beta. Hopefully someone here can provide you a link to the last stable release.
++ If you donate some money towards the cost of development, perhaps the author could persuade a (or two, or three) Mac-Head to help with the development. The author is providing this as a free open source program asking only for a freewill donation and a thank you. From what I've seen online, you might be paying several $100(US)s for the OEM program and most likely have to run it on a PC.

This doesn't even rise to the level of "beta". It should't be distributed in such an incomplete state.

And there are developers everywhere who could easily be persuaded, ON SPEC, to develop this program where it belongs - on iOS. Why do you think the vast majority of iOS programs are distributed "free"? Because when it's proven it's worth, people will easily pay for buying a completed version to run.

And with such a large (and growing) user base of CPAP machines, finding a young developer to put this together is trivial. You're wasting your time trying to get this kind of thing to run on Windoze OR Mac.

Oh-jeez
This space for rent.
(04-19-2015, 02:07 PM)JimmyMc Wrote: This doesn't even rise to the level of "beta". It should't be distributed in such an incomplete state.

It works nicely for most of us, on Windows, Mac and Linux.

(04-19-2015, 02:07 PM)JimmyMc Wrote: And there are developers everywhere who could easily be persuaded, ON SPEC, to develop this program where it belongs - on iOS.

"On spec" of what? Are you offering to fund this project?

(04-19-2015, 02:07 PM)JimmyMc Wrote: And with such a large (and growing) user base of CPAP machines, finding a young developer to put this together is trivial. You're wasting your time trying to get this kind of thing to run on Windoze OR Mac.

Did you read the part where the docs say that your CPAP machine has minimal development and little testing, and hasn't actually been released in a public build?

This has nothing to do with Mac or Windows or even software quality. The code that makes it work with your machine does not exist yet because nobody has written it.

Thumbsup 
Amazing thank you!!

(04-19-2015, 02:07 PM)JimmyMc Wrote: And with such a large (and growing) user base of CPAP machines, finding a young developer to put this together is trivial. You're wasting your time trying to get this kind of thing to run on Windoze OR Mac.

I guess since this is so trivial, you'll have an IOS app to analyze our CPAP data in a week or two, right? Are you going to add an SD card slot to our iPads too so you can get the data from the CPAP machines?

Developing Sleepyhead for Windows and Mac is not a waste of time. A lot of people here find this program extremely useful. If you don't want to use it, then don't use it.

I for one would like to thank the developer of Sleepyhead for the excellent work he has done on this software. I seem to recall there being a way to send the developer a bit of money. I think I'll go look for that now.
Perhaps JimmyMc is new to CPAP therapy and has not yet reaped the benefits of a few good nights sleep.
This space for rent.

Can't even get any data into the program. It sees the data card (F&P Icon) but then says "Couldn't find any valid machine data".

It's there. I can see it all, day by day.

Program is exceedingly buggy as well - clicking on or using the menu cause the program to quit.

SleepyHead is written on a Mac.

Perhaps you should go look for another Mac program that reads data from the F&P Icon and report back to us. Please let us know what you find.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
(04-19-2015, 02:07 PM)JimmyMc Wrote:
(04-19-2015, 09:54 AM)SleepingDragon Wrote:
I'm sorry to hear about your issues... I'm a big Mac fan myself - stuck in a PC world .
++ Beta versions will have bugs, this is why they are labeled as Beta. Hopefully someone here can provide you a link to the last stable release.
++ If you donate some money towards the cost of development, perhaps the author could persuade a (or two, or three) Mac-Head to help with the development. The author is providing this as a free open source program asking only for a freewill donation and a thank you. From what I've seen online, you might be paying several $100(US)s for the OEM program and most likely have to run it on a PC.

This doesn't even rise to the level of "beta". It should't be distributed in such an incomplete state.

And there are developers everywhere who could easily be persuaded, ON SPEC, to develop this program where it belongs - on iOS. Why do you think the vast majority of iOS programs are distributed "free"? Because when it's proven it's worth, people will easily pay for buying a completed version to run.

And with such a large (and growing) user base of CPAP machines, finding a young developer to put this together is trivial. You're wasting your time trying to get this kind of thing to run on Windoze OR Mac.

You're just the kind of person we need on this project. Organize a group of these developers you're so familiar with. Go get the source code for Sleepyead or start from scratch and fix the problems or write a better program.

It's so refreshing to find someone with the skills and drive to fix things instead of just complaining.

Let us know when you've accomplished something and we'll be glad to test it out for you.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another OSCAR cannot find data thread - with a twist. Cuppa 63 3,991 03-02-2023, 04:30 AM
Last Post: Cuppa
  OSCAR v1.3.0 is released [old archived thread] Gideon 36 7,516 02-07-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Looking for DreamStation 2 samples using 12mm heated tube [thread closed] sawinglogz 6 1,205 01-14-2022, 04:43 PM
Arrow ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions] SuperSleeper 1,109 1,649,122 08-25-2015, 07:10 PM
  New ResScan Version 5.4.1 - updated June 19, 2015 [old version] SuperSleeper 3 9,318 07-21-2015, 03:58 PM
Last Post: spursfan1965
Idea Updates to SleepyHead [May 2015] SuperSleeper 21 7,363 06-26-2015, 04:45 PM
Last Post: Mark Douglas
Arrow EncoreBasic 2.4.8.0 CPAP Reporting Software [Archived read-only thread] EncoreBasic User 142 88,590 02-18-2015, 11:29 AM
Last Post: on the virge

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.