Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Jun-2014 thru Aug 2015]
RE: SleepyHead Software - Beginner's Guide, Questions, Answers & Discussion
Hi realjohn74,

welcome to the forum.

there is a note on the download page regarding that error message...

http://www.sleepfiles.com/SH2/#Windows-version-notes

Windows Version Notes:

Missing DLL files?
If you get a message something like "MSVCR120.dll is missing," you need to install the "Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package" available at http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/...x?id=40784 Explanation: Some versions of Windows do not have all the necessary files. These files need to be installed with Microsoft's installer, at the link above. The missing files may not always be "MSVCR120.dll", but it will be something similar starting with "MSV" and ending with ".dll".

try that and see what happens.

Once you get sleepyhead working, it will be worth the trouble.

best regardz,

Saldus Miegas
(08-11-2015, 02:57 PM)Maudessen Wrote: I have a Fisher & Paykel ICON+ and data for 68 consecutive days of use. I have a MacBook Pro with two partitions. It is set up to give me access to three operating systems. One partition runs Mac OS 10.6.8 and the other OS 10.8.5. The 10.6.8 partition also runs Windows XP in Parallels. I have failed to load data into Sleepyhead in all three OSes.

OS 10.6.8:
* Downloaded and installed Sleepyhead OpenGL
* Created my profile
* Attempted to load in my data multiple times
* Sleepyhead read in the first three days of data, from June 2 through 4

OS 10.8.5:
* Created my profile
* Attempted to load in my data multiple times.
* Sleepyhead was unable to load in the data at all, and displayed an error message: "Import Problem. Couldn't find any valid Machine Data at /Volumes/FPHCARE." FPHCARE is the name of the USB stick.

After I ejected my USB stick, I put it back into the Icon+ and confirmed that my data is all there on the UI on the APAP itself.

Windows XP running in Parallels on OS 10.6.8:
* Downloaded and installed the 32 bit Windows version of Sleepyhead OpenGL
* Created my profile

After that I tried 32 bit Windows Sleepyhead BrokenGL and it told me that I can use OpenGL and didn't need BrokenGL.

After I ejected my USB stick, I put it back into the Icon+ and confirmed that my data is all there on the UI on the APAP itself.

From the time stamps on this thread, it may be that I need an older version of Sleepyhead.

Can anyone help?

FWIW, I really like the detailed data I could see for June 2-4, and wish I could load in all my data.

Thanks for your help!

Hi. Is there any chance you can upgrade to 10.10 Yosemite OR run windows 7 under Parallels?

I will also advise you to take a backup of your card (on a Computer or preferably in the cloud).
First, I must admit that I am somewhat Microsoft challenged. I did go to the Microsoft site you recommended but did not find any files ending in ".dll". I did download and install "vcredist_x64" and "vcredist_x86", but still can not get past the "msvcr120.DLL was not found" restarted, buut still no joy.
the only think I can think of to suggest to you is that you make sure that you downloaded the SH for Mac OS

(08-11-2015, 02:57 PM)Maudessen Wrote: I have a Fisher & Paykel ICON+ and data for 68 consecutive days of use. I have a MacBook Pro with two partitions. It is set up to give me access to three operating systems. One partition runs Mac OS 10.6.8 and the other OS 10.8.5. The 10.6.8 partition also runs Windows XP in Parallels. I have failed to load data into Sleepyhead in all three OSes.

OS 10.6.8:
* Created my profile

OS 10.8.5:
* Created my profile
* Sleepyhead was unable to load in the data at all, and displayed an error message: "Import Problem. Couldn't find any valid Machine Data at /Volumes/FPHCARE." FPHCARE is the name of the USB stick.

* Created my profile

After that I tried 32 bit Windows Sleepyhead BrokenGL and it told me that I can use OpenGL and didn't need BrokenGL.

From the time stamps on this thread, it may be that I need an older version of Sleepyhead.

Can anyone help?

FWIW, I really like the detailed data I could see for June 2-4, and wish I could load in all my data.

Thanks for your help!

(08-12-2015, 12:18 PM)realjohn74 Wrote: First, I must admit that I am somewhat Microsoft challenged. I did go to the Microsoft site you recommended but did not find any files ending in ".dll". I did download and install "vcredist_x64" and "vcredist_x86", but still can not get past the "msvcr120.DLL was not found" restarted, buut still no joy.

Not sure if this helps, but you must install the correct package (only one of the 3 choices) according to the processor type on your personal computer.

vcredist_arm.exe - this one is only for those who have an ARM processor (as opposed to an AMD or Intel processor) [you probably don't have an ARM processor]

vcredist_x64.exe - this one is for only those who have 64-bit AMD or Intel processor

vcredist_x86.exe - this one is for only those who have 32-bit AMD or Intel processor

I'm pretty sure you mentioned before that you have a 64 bit processor. To find out for sure, click HERE. If you are running a 64-bit system, then you'd need to install the vcredist_x64.exe package.

If you installed the wrong one (ie- the 32 bit vcredist_x86.exe package, I would uninstall it prior to installing the correct version).

If anyone else has further knowledge or insight on this, please post.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Maudessen,

It's not clear from your note that the SD card contains all the data you think it does. It is possible that the first attempt to pull your data, which successfully loaded June 2-4 data, picked up all the data that was available on the card. Or else when you inserted the SD card into the computer, it wrote something to the card that prevents SH from recognizing it as a CPAP data card.

You mention that you verified the data is on the card using your CPAP machine. I don't know enough about these machines to know how you could verify that all the data exists on the card by viewing it on the CPAP machine, so I could easily be mistaken about this.

If I were faced with this situation I would consider the following way ahead:

1. in general when reading CPAP data into a computer, always write lock the SD card before inserting into the machine. Some OSes will write to the card and essentially corrupt the data. This may have happened (not certain of this) to you suggested by the way the first time it read three days worth of data and subsequently it could not find any data.

2. Consider whether you could live with summary data for the 68 days and begin collecting detail data again going forward, or if it is worth additional time after all you have already spent to chase the elusive 65 days worth of historical detail. Realize, too, that each day you push off chasing the data recovery is probably another day of most current detail data you are losing. So there is a trade off to be made here.

The good news is that your CPAP machine might have stored in its memory all 68 days of summary data, and whatever it has stored will be written to SD card if you insert a blank one. If you are inclined to pursue data recovery on the old SD card, then I would immediately purchase a new card to start using to collect data going forward. This way you keep the old data issue from preventing the collection of new data. The SD card that came with my Resmed A10 is a 2GB SD card. They currently go for about $6, so it's relatively cheap to buy a new one and keep pounding on your old one if you are inclined.

If you do buy a new SD card, the CPAP machine will write all the data it has stored in memory onto the new SD card when you insert it. If you are lucky that will be all 68 days of summary data. Then each night going forward you will get new detail data added to it. And remember to write lock before you insert into any computer, and un-writelock it before you insert it back into the CPAP machine.

2. As for figuring out if the data on the SD card is salvageable or needs to be reformatted and start over...

I have not played in the guts of the SD data cards much, so my advice is what I would do and you could get better advice from someone familiar with how the data is stored.

Here's how I would approach this problem:

a. determine to use the SH on the OS 10.6.8 partition since that was the one which read in three days of data successfully.

b. don't delete the SH profile you created earlier (because that may be all the data you get from that SD card).

c. do create a new profile in SH, and attempt to import the SD card again. Ya never know, and this would be an easy win if it works out.

d. okay, since you didn't declare victory in the step above, then next thing I would do is study the file/folder structure under the original profile and look for a pattern I could use to manually copy files from the SD card to files/folders under the new profile.

This much I have played with before to recover some lost data. It wasn't that hard to figure out and muck around with moving data among profiles, so it might not be too difficult to copy data from the SD card to a new profile folder. (This is based on the assumption that one of your previous unlocked inserts allowed the OS to write some data to the SD card which blew away whatever signature SH looks for but did not remove any of the actual data files.)

e. this is about as far as I can see or would spend on my own trying to recover lost data. If none of the above worked, I would refer back to step #2, which is to get new SD card and use it to salvage whatever data is stored on the CPAP machine itself, and then import that into the original SH profile to augment the few days of detail data you had imported earlier. Then go on from there to collect new data.

Note that you could potentially reformat and reuse the corrupted SD card, but if the reason it got corrupted was a hardware error on the card, then you are just going to hit another wall in about 68 days. So unless I understood how the data got corrupted (i.e some OS wrote junk to it when it was not writelocked), for six bucks I'm buying a new card and eliminate that risk. Perhaps your DME will give you a new SD card free to replace the corrupted one. Ya never know.

hope this is useful,

Saldus Miegas

OS 10.6.8:
* Created my profile

OS 10.8.5:
* Created my profile

* Created my profile

Can anyone help?

Thanks for your help!

Since you say you have a Mac, Macs definitely DO write funky little files to the SD card (little invisible .XXX files) unless you had the SD card write locked the first time you used it. Your CPAP machine may have refused to recognize it immediately after that first usage on your Mac, if it hadn't been write-locked while IN the Mac. There may not BE any more recent data on the card.

Getting a new card quickly, or reformatting that card (in the CPAP machine, not on the Mac) might be a good idea.

And always write-lock the SD card before putting it into the Mac. And un-writelock when putting it back into the CPAP machine. [That's why I only check my data every once in a while.]
(08-12-2015, 12:09 PM)AshSF Wrote: Hi. Is there any chance you can upgrade to 10.10 Yosemite OR run windows 7 under Parallels?

I will also advise you to take a backup of your card (on a Computer or preferably in the cloud).

I have backed up the USB from the APAP to my hard drive, and written it to another standard USB flash drive. I have tested both USB ports and the standard flash drive and they are working normally.

So I don't think I have a physical problem.

Maud

(08-12-2015, 07:42 PM)BadGoodDeb Wrote: Since you say you have a Mac, Macs definitely DO write funky little files to the SD card (little invisible .XXX files) unless you had the SD card write locked the first time you used it. Your CPAP machine may have refused to recognize it immediately after that first usage on your Mac, if it hadn't been write-locked while IN the Mac. There may not BE any more recent data on the card.

Getting a new card quickly, or reformatting that card (in the CPAP machine, not on the Mac) might be a good idea.

And always write-lock the SD card before putting it into the Mac. And un-writelock when putting it back into the CPAP machine. [That's why I only check my data every once in a while.]

As mentioned, the APAP uses a custom USB flash drive, not an SD card. I am unfamiliar with how to lock a flash drive. There is certainly no noticeable switch on the flash drive itself.

Macs in my experience don't write hidden files within the volume structure. Of course I may be wrong, but I have always thought hidden files were written outside of any folder structure on the drive itself. The data for the APAP is contained within folders rather than in files at the top level. I could grab a screenshot of the visible file structure tomorrow if you like.

As mentioned, after I copied the file's from the APAP USB to my hard drive, I copied them onto a standard 16GB flash drive from Microcenter and tried to get Sleepyhead to upload the data from that. Like I said, Windows XP was able to load in the same three days but OS 10.8.5 was not.

Thanks.

Maud
(08-12-2015, 01:50 PM)me50 Wrote: the only think I can think of to suggest to you is that you make sure that you downloaded the SH for Mac OS

Yes, I did download and install just the Mac versions.

Maud

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another OSCAR cannot find data thread - with a twist. Cuppa 63 3,993 03-02-2023, 04:30 AM
Last Post: Cuppa
  OSCAR v1.3.0 is released [old archived thread] Gideon 36 7,518 02-07-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Looking for DreamStation 2 samples using 12mm heated tube [thread closed] sawinglogz 6 1,205 01-14-2022, 04:43 PM
Arrow ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions] SuperSleeper 1,109 1,649,182 08-25-2015, 07:10 PM
  New ResScan Version 5.4.1 - updated June 19, 2015 [old version] SuperSleeper 3 9,322 07-21-2015, 03:58 PM
Last Post: spursfan1965
Idea Updates to SleepyHead [May 2015] SuperSleeper 21 7,364 06-26-2015, 04:45 PM
Last Post: Mark Douglas
Arrow EncoreBasic 2.4.8.0 CPAP Reporting Software [Archived read-only thread] EncoreBasic User 142 88,591 02-18-2015, 11:29 AM
Last Post: on the virge

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.