Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Jun-2014 thru Aug 2015]
RE: SleepyHead Software - Beginner's Guide, Questions, Answers & Discussion
Quote:Hi. Is there any chance you can upgrade to 10.10 Yosemite OR run windows 7 under Parallels?

I will also advise you to take a backup of your card (on a Computer or preferably in the cloud).

I will not update Windows. If I knew that several people were successfully running Sleepyhead with Yosemite, I would consider an upgrade if my Mac can support it on the 10.8.5 partition.

I backed up my data to my hard drive and to a flash drive.

Thanks,

Maud

(08-13-2015, 12:06 AM)Maudessen Wrote:
Quote:Hi. Is there any chance you can upgrade to 10.10 Yosemite OR run windows 7 under Parallels?

I will also advise you to take a backup of your card (on a Computer or preferably in the cloud).

I will not update Windows. If I knew that several people were successfully running Sleepyhead with Yosemite, I would consider an upgrade if my Mac can support it on the 10.8.5 partition.

Thanks,

Maud

I run sleepyhead 0.9.8.1 on MacBook Pro Yosemite (latest patch). It has worked like a charm. I also make sure my sleepyhead data directory is synced with google drive.

Hope this helps.

But since you can successfully install and execute sleepyhead on these OSes, I don't think sleepyhead is the problem per se. The problem may be that the latest version of SH may not have been tested with your machine. In that case, you may want to try installing an earlier version of SH and see if it helps.
(08-13-2015, 10:07 AM)AshSF Wrote:
(08-13-2015, 12:06 AM)Maudessen Wrote:

Thanks,

Maud

I run sleepyhead 0.9.8.1 on MacBook Pro Yosemite (latest patch). It has worked like a charm. I also make sure my sleepyhead data directory is synced with google drive.

Hope this helps.

But since you can successfully install and execute sleepyhead on these OSes, I don't think sleepyhead is the problem per se. The problem may be that the latest version of SH may not have been tested with your machine. In that case, you may want to try installing an earlier version of SH and see if it helps.

Yes, I would very much like to try an earlier version of Sleepyhead. Is that something you could send to me, please, via Dropbox?

The currently available version that I've been working with is Sleepyhead 0.9.8-1 (testing) which is named 0.9.8-1-T3 in the disk image. I don't think it works on my machine regardless of OS. I just set up a new profile on my 10.6.8 partition and attempted to load in my data from the standard USB flash drive I copied it to. Once again Sleepyhead loaded in just three days, June 2 through June 4, before quitting.

Thanks!

Maud
The next-to-latest version (0.9.6) can be found at SourceForge. The link is here: http://www.sleepfiles.com/SH-v1/ alng with a warning about fake download buttons at mirrors.

Hope this helps...
(08-13-2015, 11:13 AM)pholynyk Wrote: The next-to-latest version (0.9.6) can be found at SourceForge. The link is here: http://www.sleepfiles.com/SH-v1/ alng with a warning about fake download buttons at mirrors.

Hope this helps...

Thanks. I've downloaded and installed that version on the 10.6.8 partition.

I want to eliminate operator error by asking a few questions about the choices I should be making during the data upload.

1. When I trigger the import, Sleepyhead looks for a card or drive. At the same time it offers a button to "Click here to choose a folder." If I click that button, what folder does it want me to choose? Is it the drive itself, the data file nested in the folder structure on the drive, or the data folder that Sleepyhead created and named in my Documents folder?

2. After Sleepyhead sees the drive, it pops my Document folder. Does it want me to point to the new data file it created and named, or does it want me to point to my profile within that folder?

3. Since I backed up my data from the ICON+'s USB flash drive onto my hard drive, is it possible to point Sleepyhead to the correct folder on my hard drive in order to read in the data?

Thanks.

Maud
Thanks to all who provided me with troubleshooting assistance on my SleepyHead installation. I now have it running on my machine. I now hope to be able to get my apnea under control. My Dr. just reduced my CPAP pressure to 12.5mmH2O from 17.0. From last night's data, it appears that my AHI jumped up to 20.6 from 8.6. I will try my other full face mask (F&P Simplus) tonight to see if that makes a difference. For some reason, my Dr. seems to not like to prescribe BIPAP equipment, although the sleep study technician recommended BIPAP.
Your doctor seems to me to think that he knows better than anyone else. What he is proving to me so far is that he knows less. What is the makeup of your apneic events? How many obstructive apneas, how many central apneas and how many hypopneas?

I think you need to start a new thread in order to get the right attention.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
(08-13-2015, 11:57 AM)Maudessen Wrote:
(08-13-2015, 11:13 AM)pholynyk Wrote: The next-to-latest version (0.9.6) can be found at SourceForge. The link is here: http://www.sleepfiles.com/SH-v1/ alng with a warning about fake download buttons at mirrors.

Hope this helps...

I want to eliminate operator error by asking a few questions about the choices I should be making during the data upload.

1. When I trigger the import, Sleepyhead looks for a card or drive. At the same time it offers a button to "Click here to choose a folder." If I click that button, what folder does it want me to choose? Is it the drive itself, the data file nested in the folder structure on the drive, or the data folder that Sleepyhead created and named in my Documents folder?

2. After Sleepyhead sees the drive, it pops my Document folder. Does it want me to point to the new data file it created and named, or does it want me to point to my profile within that folder?

3. Since I backed up my data from the ICON+'s USB flash drive onto my hard drive, is it possible to point Sleepyhead to the correct folder on my hard drive in order to read in the data?

Thanks.

Maud

Any recommendations?
My ResMed SD Card is not importing all the data to Sleepyhead when I put it into the card reader. I have noticed this message on Sleepyhead:

Very Important Warning
ALWAYS write protect CPAP SD Cards before inserting them into your computer.

Certain operating systems write index files to the card without asking, which can render your card unreadable by your cpap machine.

As a second line of protection, ALWAYS UNMOUNT the data card properly before removing it!

I have been putting in the SD card into the card reader after sliding the side lever on the card to a "locked" position. I have a Windows 10 system & S9 CPAP machine.

Please explain the next Sleepyhead instruction: "ALWAYS UNMOUNT THE DATA CARD PROPERLY BEFORE REMOVING IT". What does this mean? I take the SD card out of the reader, unlock the SD card, reinsert it into my S9 CPAP machine. But then the trouble begins.

The CPAP screen says "Are you sure? Data re-writing to SD card, press "yes" to continue." When I press "no" it goes to the next screen that says "Remove SD card and press start to begin therapy." I take the card out, turn the machine on and reinsert the card - but then the initial cryptic message comes back about re-writing SD card.... so, this time I push "yes" and then it says "please wait... erasing SD card data" This process of putting the card back into my CPAP machine seems crazy to me.

I have been told by the medical equipment supplier that the machine has one year of data stored in it, whether the SD card is erased or not... but how in the heck do I get this current data imported into my computer so that I can generate the prior night's sleep data into a quick report each morning. Last night's sleep data was only Summary Data, so I couldn't see my events, leaks, etc. I have found this information so helpful in being able to see what is working.

I feel great today, I have a new RT, new equipment supplier, new pillow mask (Airfit P10), use Cover-Roll tape, have very low large leaks and deep sleep is making me feel human again... just need your help in making this transfer of data from the machine to the computer and back as hassle-free as possible. Sleepyhead is a great system, and I need it to keep vigilant tabs over my sleep statistics & sleep health.

Many thanks to Sleepyhead friends!Thanks
(08-13-2015, 11:57 AM)Maudessen Wrote:

Hope this helps...

Thanks.

Maud
1) Click to choose a folder is an option to use a local directory where your files are Instead of importing from the card. Since you have popped in a card, you don't need to choose a directory. This option is helpful when changing computers and pulling files from the old Computer.
2) don't do anything there (unless you haven't created a profile for yourself on sleepyhead.
3) you can use this directory as I mentioned in
Point 1.

Cheers.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another OSCAR cannot find data thread - with a twist. Cuppa 63 3,996 03-02-2023, 04:30 AM
Last Post: Cuppa
  OSCAR v1.3.0 is released [old archived thread] Gideon 36 7,521 02-07-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Looking for DreamStation 2 samples using 12mm heated tube [thread closed] sawinglogz 6 1,206 01-14-2022, 04:43 PM
Arrow ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions] SuperSleeper 1,109 1,649,270 08-25-2015, 07:10 PM
  New ResScan Version 5.4.1 - updated June 19, 2015 [old version] SuperSleeper 3 9,323 07-21-2015, 03:58 PM
Last Post: spursfan1965
Idea Updates to SleepyHead [May 2015] SuperSleeper 21 7,370 06-26-2015, 04:45 PM
Last Post: Mark Douglas
Arrow EncoreBasic 2.4.8.0 CPAP Reporting Software [Archived read-only thread] EncoreBasic User 142 88,594 02-18-2015, 11:29 AM
Last Post: on the virge

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.