Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Jun-2014 thru Aug 2015]
RE: SleepyHead Software - Beginner's Guide, Questions, Answers & Discussion
I know that Sleepy head was updated for the Airsense. When I ran my data, there was nothing about RERAs. I then realized that maybe the update doesn't include the Airsense For Her side of things. If I wanted this information, do I have to run the night under the regular algorithm?

Currently using a Resprionics loaner while they get a new Airsense machine for me. I think mine was damaged in shipping (electronics burn smell). Should come next week.
(06-24-2015, 05:19 PM)eseedhouse Wrote:
(06-23-2015, 11:59 PM)sleepymoggie Wrote: Note that the machine in question is Philips Respironics, not ResMed.

Then make sure the time is set right on that machine.

Quote:I have the time zone set on my computer.

How close is it to the right time? You should set it up to get the time from the internet at regular periods. Sleepyhead gets it's time from the operating system.

Computer clocks drift badly unless they update via the internet at regular intervals (at least once a day).

Don't worry about time offsets in SleepyHead until you have both your computer and your machine showing the same correct local time.

The time on my computer was pretty close (within a couple of minutes).
I have corrected it, doing so hasn't affected the problem.

Note that the problem I am having is not the absolute time displayed for an event (whether it says something happened at 5:49:12.368 or at 5:50:12.368), but the relative relation between two parts of the display - the event flags and the flow rate graph.

The event flags do not seem to match the flow rate graph. It is not obvious why the relation between these two graphs would be thrown off by miss-settings of either the computer or the CPAP clocks. Even if the CPAP clock is running slightly out of speed, would expect the relative timing of events it records to remain consistent (or does the PRS1 CPAP use more than one clock, with a different period for recording flow measurements than for recording event times).

So far changing the computer clock time, and changing the CPAP clock drift do not appear to change the relative positions of events on the flow rate graph (e.g. to make apnea flags cover when there is little flow, or make periodic respiration flags match up with times when there was a waxing and waning of respiration).

If it is a case where one needs a high-precision measurement of the speed of the clock on the CPAP (e.g., the amount of drift during a single second or hour is significant to the relative alignment of the graphs), what is the standard procedure for making such precise measurements. (e.g., what do I look at in the record to see the relevant clock period(s) the CPAP is using, how precisely do I need to time events (clock/stopwatch/GPS)).

Thanks
(06-26-2015, 02:25 PM)sleepymoggie Wrote: Note that the problem I am having is not the absolute time displayed for an event (whether it says something happened at 5:49:12.368 or at 5:50:12.368), but the relative relation between two parts of the display - the event flags and the flow rate graph.

The event's flag graph does not change it's extent as you zoom in. It always shows the entire period in which you were on the machine.

When you zoom in on, say, flow rate, all the graphs except "Event Flags" change the time period they show, but "Event Flags" always stays the same.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Sorry, I do not seem to be explaining the problem clearly. Perhaps a comparison with data from another machine will help.

On the traces from a ResMed, I can clearly see why a particular event is posted at a particular position on the Flow rate graph.
For instance in the following graph, the OA event (on screen the blue box runs from the green line to the blue line) covers an area where the flow rate graph is essentially flat (just a bit of squiggle from the apnea type detection).
[Image: Obstructive_Apnea_Res_Med.jpg]

By comparison, this event flagging from the Philips Respironics System 1 seems much harder to understand. The area flagged as an obstructive apnea has a lot more flow (both in and out) than adjacent areas (e.g. the area just to the right of the OA box).

[Image: Obstructive_Apnea_RPS1.jpg]

So why did it flag this area as an obstructive apnea?
I posed the question in this thread, since the simplest explanation I can think of is that there is something wrong with the way the data is being displayed (i.e. the event flags are being displayed at the wrong location on the flow rate graph - regardless of the zoom level).

Of course there are other possible explanations - I could be misinterpreting the data from the PRS1, or there could be a problem with the machine, etc.

Sorry about the obfuscated links, but the board will not let me post image links (contrary to the advice in the SleepyHead documentation thread.)
sleepymoggie, I fixed your image links. As per forum rules, brand new members with less than 8 posts are automatically prohibited from posting outside image or URL links of any type. This is a spam prevention measure in the software.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

YOUR EXAMPLE
http://postimg.org/image/s92o67l6n/
[Image: nElWwYm.jpg]

I have a PRS1 as well, and I sometimes get weird results:

One OA over the top of another - [I was breathing throughout, but at more than 80 percent reduction from the peak.]

[Image: njZ9a3b.png]

An OA that includes a cycle of breathing -

[Image: N01fNQ2.png]

A CA that includes a cycle of breathing -

[Image: LMWaBSh.png]

BUT - what actually matters is effect on oxygen, pulse, and sleep - see here a string of apneas and the effect on oxygen (minimal) and pulse (minimal). Not like the desats, pulse climbing, adrenalin pumping gasp-y awakening without treatment.

[Image: ZrWDOd6.png]

Good luck,

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Question 
I've been using the software for a few days now, but last night I had a scenario that I think will skew data and I wonder if there's a fix for it. Normally I'm asleep in ten minutes. Let's say I go to bed and turn on the machine and an hour later I'm still not asleep so I get up. I turn the machine off and come back an hour later and fall asleep.

In this scenario the time I was awake will be factored in and I'll have an hour more time with (theoretically) no apneas. This the AHI will be reported as lower than normal.

Whats the best way to deal with this?
@jumpinminnow
you can either set a filter in the settings not to import sessions smaller f.e. 1hr
or switch the session off scrol down to bottom in the daily tab there is a timeline
where you can click on the session, also below the seesions are listed and have switch on the left.
RE: SleepyHead Software - Questions, Answers & Discussion
I need help. I have been using Sleepyhead since 2012... every time it has offered an update it fails. I think that may be because it is a 32bit program and my computer is 64bit. At any rate, my CPAP died last week and I now have a different machine. I can't get the program to download new data. I tried setting up a 2nd user profile but when it asks me if I want to override the current data no matter how many times I click YES it won't do it.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but that didn't work either. I downloaded the 64bit files but when I click on either the Open or Broken to install it says I am missing a .dll file.

What should I try next?

Thanks for any advice you might have.

Hi SallyM,
I'm new to ApneaBoard and Sleepyhead software but what I think might work is to delete your profile data which I think is installed in a different location to your program files. When I installed the software it recommended it store the data in "My Documents", if you delete this then you run the software it will see there is no user data and ask if you want to create it and ask for a location.

If you still want to keep your old data then either rename the folder or move it to a different location.

If you are wanting to upgrade the version etc then once the user data has been deleted/moved you can remove your existing software files and try a fresh install.

Hope all this makes sense, I understand what I mean but am not too good at explaining it... :-)

Let us know if this fixes your issue.

Mick.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another OSCAR cannot find data thread - with a twist. Cuppa 63 3,991 03-02-2023, 04:30 AM
Last Post: Cuppa
  OSCAR v1.3.0 is released [old archived thread] Gideon 36 7,516 02-07-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Looking for DreamStation 2 samples using 12mm heated tube [thread closed] sawinglogz 6 1,205 01-14-2022, 04:43 PM
Arrow ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions] SuperSleeper 1,109 1,649,118 08-25-2015, 07:10 PM
  New ResScan Version 5.4.1 - updated June 19, 2015 [old version] SuperSleeper 3 9,318 07-21-2015, 03:58 PM
Last Post: spursfan1965
Idea Updates to SleepyHead [May 2015] SuperSleeper 21 7,363 06-26-2015, 04:45 PM
Last Post: Mark Douglas
Arrow EncoreBasic 2.4.8.0 CPAP Reporting Software [Archived read-only thread] EncoreBasic User 142 88,588 02-18-2015, 11:29 AM
Last Post: on the virge

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.