Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead Erasing SD Card
RE: Sleepyhead Erasing SD Card
(05-21-2014, 07:05 PM)BiBob Wrote: Bama,
I'm at a loss. The only difference between the systems we're using is my s9.
I have to unlock my sd card when on my computer. Do you?
It sounds like you're making progress so keep us informed.

No I don't have to unlock the card for SleepyHead to read from it. However, Respironics doesn't care if the computer writes files to the card as they use standard file architecture to store the data whereas ResMed uses some arcane method of file storage.

Even unlocked my card never has data deleted or changed by SleepyHead or the computer.
Well, I must be doing something wrong when downloading SH as I have to unlock the SD card before SH will allow me to proceed and when I put the card back into s9 it has to delete data on the card in order to use it.

Does anyone know if 1) the s9 retains the data regardless of what's on the the card? and 2) is there a way to capture s9 data to the SD card?
Just another piece of info--When I attempt to open SH, it requires an SD card in my card reader before proceeding.
The S9 only stores compliance data on the machine. Waveform data is only kept on the SD card.

It sounds like you've set up the storage location of the SleepyHead files to be the SD card. You may be able to change it by selecting to change he data storage location from the menu. I can't remember the exact verbiage used right now on the menu but it's an option.
You're right! On the import screen Create SD Card Backups was checked. I unchecked it and the graphs look right. And I can leave the SD Card locked and the program works.

Bama --- I think you got it. Thank you so much. I think I'm back in business. Really appreciate it .

Bob

Quote:
ADMIN NOTE:
This thread is now closed. If you have a question regarding the SleepyHead software package, please go HERE.

To download the SleepyHead software, go here:
http://www.SleepFiles.com/SH/

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar cannot read SD card and SD card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 1 629 08-21-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar cannot read card - card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 3 536 08-21-2023, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Question on uploading from SD card to Sleepyhead picante 7 1,600 12-04-2018, 02:03 PM
Last Post: picante
  SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-2 Erasing Daily Notes Stom 6 1,486 08-02-2018, 08:32 PM
Last Post: AlanE
  Copied SD card data onto PC, and I can't get sleepyhead to read it? DougM 4 1,818 02-18-2018, 02:11 PM
Last Post: DougM
  SleepyHead accuracy in reading ResMed card on Mac okiejack 1 1,633 01-12-2018, 03:35 PM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  sleepyhead SD card download kooly 6 2,035 10-09-2017, 08:18 PM
Last Post: AlanE

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.