Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Sep-2011 thru May 2014]
Information 
Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Sep-2011 thru May 2014]
Quote:
ADMIN NOTE:
This thread is now closed. SleepyHead is no longer maintained and has been replaced by the OSCAR software.  Please CLICK HERE to go to the official OSCAR download page.

[note:  parts of this thread were copied over from our old forum (thread started in Sep. 2011)  For brevity, only posts necessary for understanding the thread were copied over here.]

jedimark Wrote:Hi... My name is Mark, I'm from Bundaberg, Australia.

I have Sleep Apnea, and I also put up daily with constant fatigue, chronic headaches, digestive misery, and recur-ant muscular aches and pains.

I've been a hose-head for the last 6 months.. I'm still pretty much a zombie, but a lot less zombie then when I started. CPAP does help!

I am a software developer, and am keenly interested in sleep medicine. In my spare time, when I'm feeling slightly more functional, I work on my free open-source software project called SleepyHead.

This software is being designed to assist people review their Sleep Machine data (it currently supports PRS1, ResMed S9 & CMS50 Oximeters, and works on Windows, Linux & Mac computers) It's still early, but it is improving fast.. I hope to have a beta in the next few months.

I doubt I would be able to accomplish much at all without the excellent feedback and suggestions I have received from many willing (and incredibly patient) testers.

If you have any questions regarding this software, or suggestions to improve it, please feel free to ask me.
(Forums aren't the best place for bug reports, my software has a project page on SourceForge with bug tracker that is better suited for that.)

Anyway, thank you very much to SuperSleeper for the invitation to join this forum. I look forward to interacting with you guys & girls over here.

Get the free, cross-platform, open-source, CPAP & sleep tracking software here:

http://www.SleepFiles.com/SH/

Screenshot:

[Image: 318873]
RE: SleepyHead CPAP Reporting Software - JediMark [copied from old forum]
Welcome to the forum, Mark!

Hopefully this is okay, but I'm going to change the title of your thread a bit, so that folks know that you're the creator of the SleepyHead software.

It's refreshing to see that your software will work on multiple Operating Systems like Macs and especially Linux. My OS of choice is Linux and I'm currently running Ubuntu. Haven't tried SleepyHead yet, and I hope to give it a whirl on my Linux box. Big Grin

We've had some good reports about your software. It's refreshing to see an open source alternative for CPAP data reporting software... very good indeed. Smile

Just so folks know, Mark's software is free to use, licensed under the GNU General Public License (GPL). While it is free for folks to use, I know Mark has spent a lot of time developing it, so he welcomes donations. If you use and like his software, I encourage you to support this non-commercial project with a small donation to the cause. The donation link for the SleepyHead project is here.

I encourage our members to give Mark's software a try. You can download it on the project website, here:

http://www.SleepFiles.com/SH/

Again, Mark... welcome. Apnea Board is a non-commercial site that stands for patient empowerment. We're simply a group of fellow Sleep Apnea patients who want to help each other. I think you'll fit in just fine here on Apnea Board because you seem to have that same philosophy.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

jedimark Wrote:I wasn't cheeky enough to do so on my first post.. Smile

Thank you so much for posting the link.. You totally made my day!!!

Edit: I was cheeky after all.. I filled in my sig on autopilot.. Man I'm doughy! 8-)
jedimark Wrote:I just uploaded a new Windows test build of sleepyhead to sourceforge, version 0.8.5
A Mac version should be up tomorrow (provided it's behaving itself) when my official Mac tester and build guy (Jimbo) is happy with it.

It features an overview page, with a few new graphs, the ability to print a simple overview report.
a check for updates feature (doesn't download yet, just checks), a user profile editor in File->Preferences, and some Multithreaded importer enhancements. Plus a few annoying bugs have been squished (plenty still remain)

This one possibly may be a little crashy on windows when trying the new print feature. This is due to a Qt bug rendering the vertical title text to the graph snapshots used for printing.

The free CutePDF software for windows allows you to "print" from SleepyHead to PDF. Mac & Linux can do this already.

Happy Sleeping!
Thanks for the notification on the updates, Mark.

If you'd like to post details when you have new, updates or new builds here in this thread, that would be great, and would keep our forum members informed as to what's going on.

Thanks. Smile
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

jedimark Wrote:Hi There,

I just uploaded a new windows build of SleepyHead.. v0.8.6 for anyone who wants to play with it.

Still pre-Beta, but has a few more neat features and quite a few bugs cleaned up.

It is now capable of multiple users.

Available from the sourceforge page.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/sleepyhead/files/

/Mark
rritch Wrote:Mark,

I have 0.8.6 for Windows installed and I am quite impressed with it. I regularly switch between Windows and Ubuntu 11.10 so I also tested it using WINE 1.3.32 and it works fine other than a few quirks with getting the data to import (have to actually type the name of the folder instead of just click on it) but nothing major. I noticed that you said there was multi platform support including linux, but I only saw the windows and mac packages. Is the linux support via WINE or is there a package (debian or otherwise) that I can install. Hopefully something that does not require me to compile it. I'm still not quite there with my linux skills.
rritch,(time=1320780009) Wrote:I noticed that you said there was multi platform support including linux, but I only saw the windows and mac packages. Is the linux support via WINE or is there a package (debian or otherwise) that I can install. Hopefully something that does not require me to compile it. I'm still not quite there with my linux skills.
Hi rritch!

As far as I can tell, to use SleepyHead on Linux requires one to compile it on your own system at this point in time... the only alternative is to use the "Wine" program which is a Windows Emulator... but using Wine can have it's own set of issues. I can't find a "conventional" Linux install file for SleepyHead (like we use a RPM package in RedHat based Linux systems or a DEB package, using apt-get for Debian-based distributions like Ubuntu).

I'm not an "uber-geek" on Linux and have never attempted successfully to compile my own programs on my Ubuntu system... tried it once with horrible results, so left off that and now only install programs using apt-get or a .deb file or install through Synaptic Package Manager in Ubuntu.

But, for those Linux geeks who like to dive right into compiling it, the instruction link is HERE. (download starts in 5 seconds after you go to this page).

Like you, I'm "not quite there" in my Linux skills either and won't be putting any program on my Ubuntu box that doesn't have a simplified dummy-resistant install file for me to use. Wink

SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

cbramsey Wrote:Just downloaded the Mac version of the SleepyHead software. Thank you for the note to read protect the SD card before I installed it in my MacBook Air.

I copied all the data from the SD card to my computer so I could not have to worry about data corruption.

The hardest thing I had to figure out was how to remove the wireless modem from my Philips Respironics System One RemStar machine with A-Flex.

Once I figured out which folder I needed to grab to import, I found the software very easy to use. Now I have the ability to slice and dice my data.

Kudos to you on a fantastic product. Congrats

Last December, I had bariatric surgery. There is a saying bariatric patients are fond of using that I feel is very appropriate here. It was suggested that we help others by telling others the benefits one can have by having this type of surgery. They call it "Paying It Forward".

This software "Pays It Forward" as well. Good-work
rritch Wrote:
rritch,(time=1320786985) Wrote:When I try to pull the source code using git it returns No such file or directory
I was able to resolve the issue. in the instructions their is a carriage return after git clone that should not be there. Also you need to make sure that you have g++ installed in order to compile. Once I resolved those two issues I was able to install and run on my linux test box Bouncy

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another OSCAR cannot find data thread - with a twist. Cuppa 63 3,951 03-02-2023, 04:30 AM
Last Post: Cuppa
  OSCAR v1.3.0 is released [old archived thread] Gideon 36 7,482 02-07-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Looking for DreamStation 2 samples using 12mm heated tube [thread closed] sawinglogz 6 1,199 01-14-2022, 04:43 PM
Arrow ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions] SuperSleeper 1,109 1,646,900 08-25-2015, 07:10 PM
Information Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Jun-2014 thru Aug 2015] SuperSleeper 542 154,424 08-21-2015, 01:27 PM
Arrow EncoreBasic 2.4.8.0 CPAP Reporting Software [Archived read-only thread] EncoreBasic User 142 88,386 02-18-2015, 11:29 AM
Last Post: on the virge
  ResScan SW thread 2 -- runs on 64 bit OS? justMongo 6 3,361 05-18-2014, 11:07 PM
Last Post: herbm

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.