Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Sep-2011 thru May 2014]
RE: SleepyHead CPAP Reporting Software - JediMark
I know how you feel about "I am loving seeing all this data, even if I don't know exactly what it means"
it is a lot of graphs & numbers & will wait to hopefully see a embedded help file with SleepyHead.

Someone should give Mark a job writing software like Respiromics or Rezmed.
(11-14-2012, 10:53 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Sourceforge is working now. I looked at the documentation online and it says to point it to the card, not the folder. I did this already but tried again. It still doesn't see anything. Aarrgghh!

Please let me know if anyone happens to answer your question. I'm experiencing the same issue.

(11-21-2012, 04:58 PM)jonedangerousli Wrote:
(11-14-2012, 10:53 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Sourceforge is working now. I looked at the documentation online and it says to point it to the card, not the folder. I did this already but tried again. It still doesn't see anything. Aarrgghh!

Please let me know if anyone happens to answer your question. I'm experiencing the same issue.

Welcome to the board.

What machine do you have? Take the water tank out and look on the bottom for a number like "REF 560" or something similar.

What version of SleepyHead do you have? It should say something like SleepyHead 0.9.x-x at the top of the window.

What error message, if any, are you getting?
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Thanks for the quick response. Disregard. Error between chair and keyboard.
LOL I so understand that error! Happens to me a lot.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Does anyone know what the single dot above the waveform in this pic represents? I see them at various places throughout all my flow rate graphs but no idea what they are.

[Image: FlowRate.png]

Thanks

Just wanted to reply here, since the question got answered in another thread (HERE) and someone read this in the future and be looking to get the same question answered.

This is the answer from that thread:

(12-01-2012, 07:55 PM)archangle Wrote: Probably pressure pulses.

Look under Daily on the events tab. Click on the pressure pulse events and it will center on one.

(12-01-2012, 08:00 PM)ImReallyTired Wrote: Good call Archangle, those dots are indeed pressure pulses, they tie back perfectly to the pulses on the events tab.

Thanks!

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Downloaded SleepyHead a few days ago and wanted to tell you what a sweet dream it is to use! Want you to know your effort is greatly appreciated. Sure would be nice if a print function gets added when you get time.
You can generate and print reports.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
(11-15-2012, 11:25 PM)Sleepster Wrote: The mask pressure is a tad higher, I'd guess, than the pressure? It's probably an attempt to account for the extra resistance added to the pressure by the mask, so the more restrictive your mask is (nasal pillows as opposed to full face, for example) the bigger the difference.

(11-16-2012, 12:29 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Yes, the mask pressure is higher by a lot.

(11-16-2012, 12:52 AM)archangle Wrote: I think the pressure reading is the "set" pressure, i.e. the pressure it's trying to apply at the mask. The "mask pressure" is the machines best estimate of what the actual pressure is at the mask, considering airflow, air drag, fluid dynamics, etc. If you have EPR turned on, "mask pressure" also appears to show the change in pressure as it switches from the inhale pressure to exhale pressure. It would also probably show bilevel pressure changes as well.

The machine can take measurements of the airflow and of the pressure at its outlet (at the inlet of the humidifier and hose).

Based on these two measurements, the software in the machine will need to estimate the pressure reaching the mask. It must use the calculated pressure reaching the mask to calculate the intentional leak through the mask vent holes, based on whatever it assumes (or is told) is the resistance to airflow of the mask vent holes. And the unintentional leak would need to be calculated as being the difference between the measured airflow at the inlet of the humidifier, less the calculated intentional leak of the mask vent holes.

Mask Pressure can be calculated by starting with the pressure measured at the output of the machine and subtracting the pressure dropped across the humidifier and hose.

The pressure dropped across the humidifier and hose would need to be calculated from the airflow at the machine's outlet. The machine's software would need to have a look-up table representing the pressure loss across the humidifier as a function of the measured airflow, and another lookup table representing the pressure loss across the hose as a function of the airflow (and therefore the machine needs to assume or be told what type of hose is being used).

Conceptually speaking, the actual Mask Pressure must be the same or lower than the pressure the machine measures at its outlet, because the resistance to airflow of the humidifier and hose can only cause a pressure loss across the humidifier and hose, never a pressure gain. The greater the measured airflow at the machine's outlet, the greater the pressure loss across the humidifier and hose, and the lower the pressure at the mask.

Likewise, if there is no airflow, there would be no pressure loss or difference across the humidifier and hose. So, if all the vent holes in the mask were to be closed off (making the resistance to airflow of the mask very high or infinite), and if all the unintentional leaks were stopped, there would be no airflow in the humidifier and hose, and therefore the pressure measured at the machine's outlet would be the same as the pressure in the mask.

Instead, of course, the mask vents allow intentional leak through the mask, but the higher the mask resistance, the lower the intentional leak through the mask vents, and therefore the lower the airflow in the hose (assuming no unintentional leaks), and therefore the lower the pressure loss across the humidifier and hose, and therefore the lower the measured pressure needs to be at the machine for the mask pressure to be at the perfect set pressure (the target therapy pressure at the mask).

Therefore, if the machine is not capable of being told what type of mask is being used, and the mask being used has higher resistance than whatever resistance the machine is assuming the mask has, the machine could be set a little lower in pressure, to compensate for the mask resistance being higher than the machine is assuming. However, the pressure difference would probably be small and negligible, especially if using a standard (fat) hose and if the set pressure (target therapy pressure) is not extremely high.

--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another OSCAR cannot find data thread - with a twist. Cuppa 63 3,950 03-02-2023, 04:30 AM
Last Post: Cuppa
  OSCAR v1.3.0 is released [old archived thread] Gideon 36 7,481 02-07-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Looking for DreamStation 2 samples using 12mm heated tube [thread closed] sawinglogz 6 1,199 01-14-2022, 04:43 PM
Arrow ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions] SuperSleeper 1,109 1,646,876 08-25-2015, 07:10 PM
Information Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Jun-2014 thru Aug 2015] SuperSleeper 542 154,411 08-21-2015, 01:27 PM
Arrow EncoreBasic 2.4.8.0 CPAP Reporting Software [Archived read-only thread] EncoreBasic User 142 88,380 02-18-2015, 11:29 AM
Last Post: on the virge
  ResScan SW thread 2 -- runs on 64 bit OS? justMongo 6 3,360 05-18-2014, 11:07 PM
Last Post: herbm

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.