Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Sep-2011 thru May 2014]
RE: SleepyHead CPAP Reporting Software - JediMark
SuperSleeper, you rock! Awesome software.

I was just diagnosed a little over a week ago. I had suffered for decades not knowing there was anything I could do.

I was furious when I had learned it recorded all this data and that they didn't allow me access to it. As an engineer I'm inclined to pay close attention to the data so that I can modify it for optimal performance.

I really like the software you made to read the data. It's easy to use and very functional. Thanks so much for providing this for us!
Hi Reed and welcome to the board
what S9 do you have? should say "Elite or Escape" next to start button
(12-08-2012, 09:45 PM)Reed Wrote: SuperSleeper, you rock! Awesome software.

He does rock, but he's not the author. Mark Watkins (JediMark) is the author. SleepyHead is open source, and you can learn more about it at the SourceForge website.

Quote:I was furious when I had learned it recorded all this data and that they didn't allow me access to it.

You can also use ResScan, which is the comercial software for ResMed machines. It's free, too.

If you ever want to print reports to show them to your doctor you'll probably want ResScan as SleepyHead is beta software.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Sleepyhead says I slept for 25hrs last night. I wondered why it and ResScan had such a big difference in AHI. They're usually off by a bit each night but not this much.

Sleepyhead said I had an AHI of .8 while ResScan says it was 2.6. SH also says I had 3 sessions. I think I turned it on for a second, then remembered I'd not filled the humidifier, and turned it back off. I'd not even put the mask on yet.

I think it sees the 3 sessions as being exactly the same length of time. Times the 8:37 by 3 and you get that amount of hours. Any way to fix this? It's gonna really muck up the averages.

[Image: sh-hours.jpg]
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

(12-08-2012, 09:55 PM)zonk Wrote: Hi Reed and welcome to the board
what S9 do you have? should say "Elite or Escape" next to start button
It says Autoset

(12-09-2012, 12:41 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote: As Sleepster stated, Mark Watkins is the software author..
Noted. Thanks Mark!
I'm very sorry to ask a question that has been there already, but the thread is too long now to go through...
Is there a way to use the program with my machine: S8 with datacard. If I could only find the raw data...
Arie KLERK: Member of the Dutch Apnea Association staff (https://apneuvereniging.nl) and proud to be the OSCAR Translations Team Coordinator. 
***Please help us: We’re always looking for more translators and language editors***

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients, but just dedication to AB. 
Furthermore I see a bug occurring on my Windows 8 machine: on starting version 0.9.2-1 a window tells me there is a new version. When I say yes to download, it shows a green progress bar and after that a red bar telling there was a problem. In the log it says that the file was downloaded to C:/Program Files (x86)/SleepyHead/Download/SleepyHead-0.9.2-1-beta-win32-update.zip
I could not find it there, but found it in C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\SleepyHead\Download\SleepyHead-0.9.2-1-beta-win32-update.zip
When I try to run the program SleepyHead.exe which is inside, an error comes up telling that mingwm10.dll is missing
What now?
Arie KLERK: Member of the Dutch Apnea Association staff (https://apneuvereniging.nl) and proud to be the OSCAR Translations Team Coordinator. 
***Please help us: We’re always looking for more translators and language editors***

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients, but just dedication to AB. 
(12-20-2012, 03:34 PM)A KLERK Wrote: Furthermore I see a bug occurring on my Windows 8 machine: on starting version 0.9.2-1 a window tells me there is a new version. When I say yes to download, it shows a green progress bar and after that a red bar telling there was a problem. In the log it says that the file was downloaded to C:/Program Files (x86)/SleepyHead/Download/SleepyHead-0.9.2-1-beta-win32-update.zip
I could not find it there, but found it in C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\SleepyHead\Download\SleepyHead-0.9.2-1-beta-win32-update.zip
When I try to run the program SleepyHead.exe which is inside, an error comes up telling that mingwm10.dll is missing
What now?

What you do is start the program as "run as administrator". Then it will update. It's the only time you have to do it.

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

(12-20-2012, 03:26 PM)A KLERK Wrote: Is there a way to use the program with my machine: S8 with datacard. If I could only find the raw data...

A Klerk,

SleepyHead does not support the ResMed S8 series, just the S9 series.

From their website:
Supports Philips Respironics System One Machines
Supports ResMed S9 CPAP machines
Supports DeVilbiss Intellipap machines

Your only option to view your data is to use ResScan instead.

You will either have to purchase the proprietary SmartCard reader on eBay or find a DME that sells it (much more expensive), or, I used to take my SmartCard to my DME with a flash drive and he would copy the data from my SmartCard to my flash drive, then I brought it home and downloaded it into ResScan.

If you're using Windows 8 I think you'll have to use ResScan 4.1_SP1, I don't believe version 3.16 is supported on Windows 8, I think it only goes up to Windows 7.

If you do buy a SmartCard reader, the least expensive option comes from an eBay seller in Israel for about half the price a DME would charge and takes a couple of weeks to arrive.

The S8's SmartCard also operates differently from the S9's SD Card, on the S8 you insert the SmartCard into the slot and it writes the last 4 days of data to it for download to ResScan, on the S9, you always leave the SD Card inserted so the high-resolution data can be recorded while you sleep.

Good luck!

Ren
I have a System One RemStar Auto with A-Flex (560P). Last night was first night of use. The data on the "Info" screen on the RemStar appears to be correct.
However, I cannot read any of the machine data into SleepyHead. I am pointing to the drive letter of the SD on the PC. SleepyHead does read the correct machine model information.
SleepyHead reads the oxymetry data from the CMS50F just fine.
I am running a Windows 7, 64 bit system and, in fact, have tried the program on both a laptop and desktop with the same results.

Any suggestions?

Regardless, many thanks for all this effort.

Charlie

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another OSCAR cannot find data thread - with a twist. Cuppa 63 3,951 03-02-2023, 04:30 AM
Last Post: Cuppa
  OSCAR v1.3.0 is released [old archived thread] Gideon 36 7,481 02-07-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Looking for DreamStation 2 samples using 12mm heated tube [thread closed] sawinglogz 6 1,199 01-14-2022, 04:43 PM
Arrow ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions] SuperSleeper 1,109 1,646,889 08-25-2015, 07:10 PM
Information Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Jun-2014 thru Aug 2015] SuperSleeper 542 154,421 08-21-2015, 01:27 PM
Arrow EncoreBasic 2.4.8.0 CPAP Reporting Software [Archived read-only thread] EncoreBasic User 142 88,383 02-18-2015, 11:29 AM
Last Post: on the virge
  ResScan SW thread 2 -- runs on 64 bit OS? justMongo 6 3,361 05-18-2014, 11:07 PM
Last Post: herbm

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.