MrSafety Offline

Members

Machine: PRSys1 BiPAP Auto-750P
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Respironics "Wisp"
Humidifier: PRSys1... set @ "4"
CPAP Pressure: 7 Epap / 18 Ipap cmH2O
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: 1ST DIAGNOSED ~20 YRS AGO... 3 yrs with PRSys1 BiPAP Auto w/Bi-Flex (mod. 750p)

Sex: Male

RE: SleepyHead CPAP Reporting Software - JediMark
I'm obviously a "Newbie" on ApneaBoard.Com and this is my 1st POST on this THREAD.

I have downloaded SleepyHead beta v0.9.3 and thus far have learned a lot about my equipment and the multiple past Rx tries by the "Sleep Lab" staff at my HMO medical service provider.

I am running SleepyHead somewhat differently on my Windows system which has Windows 7 Pro. When I initially installed SleepyHead, I started having a lot of "BlueScreen" crashes. I also run Windows XP mode on a virtual HDD on my machine, something I needed in order to run an older copy of AutoDesk's program "AutoSketch" v7.0.

Since I couldn't put up with the many system crashes, I tried installing SleepyHead on my WinXP mode OS on the virtual HDD and uninstalled it under the underlying Win 7 pro OS. This solved my BlueScreen crash problem!

I have yet to figure out how to submit official trouble reports to Mark!?

Regards,
Sam Ross... aka MrSafety !
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2013 01:10 PM by MrSafety.)
10-12-2013 01:04 PM
Find all posts by this user

Donate to Apnea Board
ChileBurnze Offline

Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Swift FX
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 8-14
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Jeweled Dreams Skin

(10-12-2013 01:04 PM)MrSafety Wrote:  I have yet to figure out how to submit official trouble reports to Mark!?

Hello Mr. Safety,

The project page for SleepyHead on SourceForge has a bug tracking interface that is specific to the development project. The link to the project page can be found here. This is where Mark has asked people to report any bugs.

Hope this helps.

Chile
11-09-2013 06:33 PM
cbramsey Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage FX
Humidifier: ResMed H5i with ClimateLine
CPAP Pressure: 6 - 12
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: Supreme Overlord of Web Darkness

(11-09-2013 06:33 PM)ChileBurnze Wrote:  
(10-12-2013 01:04 PM)MrSafety Wrote:  I have yet to figure out how to submit official trouble reports to Mark!?

Hello Mr. Safety,

The project page for SleepyHead on SourceForge has a bug tracking interface that is specific to the development project. The link to the project page can be found here. This is where Mark has asked people to report any bugs.

Hope this helps.

Chile

You will need to create an account on Source Forge in order to leave feedback such as bug reports, requests for enhancements, etc. The good news is it doesn't cost anything.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
11-10-2013 08:23 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
newuser777 Offline

Members

Machine: ResMed S9
Mask Make & Model: unsure
Humidifier: unsure
CPAP Pressure: unsure
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

Sex: Undisclosed
Hello all,

I am new and just downloaded SleepyHead. I read the Wikipage on SleepyHead with some short documentation. However, I am still don't understand some of the graphs listed in sleepyhead. Does anyone know where I can find out more information about each of the graph under "Daily" "Overview". For example, there is a graph called "Snore". What is this?

thanks...
11-16-2013 08:57 PM
zonk Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: A10 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: Activa LT
Humidifier: Integrated /ClimateLineAir
CPAP Pressure: 9/13

Other Comments: CPAP since Nov 2010

SleepyHead glossary http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/sl...e=Glossary
Snore: A loud upper airway breathing sound during sleep, without episodes of apnea.
Snore detection in Respironics System One..Vibratory snore is detected when a specific frequency is detected during the inspiratory portion of the patient's breath. Vibratory snore is disabled at pressures greater than 16 cm H2O

ResScan interpretation guide http://www.apneaboard.com/ResScan_Interpretation-Guide.pdf
Snore Index: A measure based on the amplitude of the vibrations generated by a patient’s snoring
11-16-2013 09:36 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
newuser777 Offline

Members

Machine: ResMed S9
Mask Make & Model: unsure
Humidifier: unsure
CPAP Pressure: unsure
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

(11-16-2013 09:36 PM)zonk Wrote:  SleepyHead glossary
Snore: A loud upper airway breathing sound during sleep, without episodes of apnea.
Snore detection in Respironics System One..Vibratory snore is detected when a specific frequency is detected during the inspiratory portion of the patient's breath. Vibratory snore is disabled at pressures greater than 16 cm H2O

ResScan interpretation guide ...
Snore Index: A measure based on the amplitude of the vibrations generated by a patient’s snoring

Thanks Zonk. The snore graph in SleepyHead has a range of 0.0 to 2.0. I am still trying to understand a the snore graph. It started out at 0.0 and went up and down between 0.0 and 2.0. What does a snore data point = 0.9 means?
11-17-2013 10:47 PM
zonk Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: A10 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: Activa LT
Humidifier: Integrated /ClimateLineAir
CPAP Pressure: 9/13

Other Comments: CPAP since Nov 2010

(11-17-2013 10:47 PM)newuser777 Wrote:  What does a snore data point = 0.9 means?
Hi newuser777
I don,t use sleepyhead, ResScan shows snore on a scale ranging from quiet to loud
11-17-2013 11:57 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
archangle Offline
Wiki Editor
Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Swift FX
Humidifier: ResMed S9 H5i
CPAP Pressure: 16-20
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: Happy PAPper

(11-17-2013 11:57 PM)zonk Wrote:  
(11-17-2013 10:47 PM)newuser777 Wrote:  What does a snore data point = 0.9 means?
Hi newuser777
I don,t use sleepyhead, ResScan shows snore on a scale ranging from quiet to loud

I've never heard any meaningful definition of the "snore" scale other than "higher is more."

Get the free SleepyHead software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
11-18-2013 12:07 AM
rgmichel Offline

Members

Machine: Resmed s9 Vpap
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: Resmed 5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-19
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

(11-18-2013 12:07 AM)archangle Wrote:  I've never heard any meaningful definition of the "snore" scale other than "higher is more."
I think whether or not you experience a snore at all or how many times a night is useful. The graphs show you when you snore and how many times. Correlate that with the scale and that might be useful.

Bob
11-23-2013 12:10 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

I want to move my SH files on my laptop to my desktop. At the same time, while cleaning house, I want to remove a single attempt to add in oximetry data. I've never been able to get it to work but the data is still there. It's one night but it takes up a huge amount of space on the front page.

So, 1: how do I remove that oximetry data?

and 2: how do I easily transfer that data from one puter to the other? just copy over the /Documents/SleepyHeadData folder? But then how do I get SH to see the user? Will it automagically do it?

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
12-16-2013 12:05 AM
Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Arrow ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions] SuperSleeper 1,109 484,693 08-25-2015 07:10 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Information Archived SleepyHead Discussions [Q&A Thread from Jun-2014 thru Aug 2015] SuperSleeper 542 115,340 08-21-2015 01:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Arrow EncoreBasic 2.4.8.0 CPAP Reporting Software [Archived read-only thread] EncoreBasic User 142 53,957 02-18-2015 11:29 AM
Last Post: on the virge