Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Sep-2011 thru May 2014]
RE: SleepyHead CPAP Reporting Software - JediMark
(10-12-2013, 01:04 PM)MrSafety Wrote: I have yet to figure out how to submit official trouble reports to Mark!?

Hello Mr. Safety,

The project page for SleepyHead on SourceForge has a bug tracking interface that is specific to the development project. The link to the project page can be found here. This is where Mark has asked people to report any bugs.

Hope this helps.

Chile

(11-09-2013, 06:33 PM)ChileBurnze Wrote:
(10-12-2013, 01:04 PM)MrSafety Wrote: I have yet to figure out how to submit official trouble reports to Mark!?

Hello Mr. Safety,

The project page for SleepyHead on SourceForge has a bug tracking interface that is specific to the development project. The link to the project page can be found here. This is where Mark has asked people to report any bugs.

Hope this helps.

Chile

You will need to create an account on Source Forge in order to leave feedback such as bug reports, requests for enhancements, etc. The good news is it doesn't cost anything.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Hello all,

I am new and just downloaded SleepyHead. I read the Wikipage on SleepyHead with some short documentation. However, I am still don't understand some of the graphs listed in sleepyhead. Does anyone know where I can find out more information about each of the graph under "Daily" "Overview". For example, there is a graph called "Snore". What is this?

thanks...
SleepyHead glossary http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/sl...e=Glossary
Snore: A loud upper airway breathing sound during sleep, without episodes of apnea.
Snore detection in Respironics System One..Vibratory snore is detected when a specific frequency is detected during the inspiratory portion of the patient's breath. Vibratory snore is disabled at pressures greater than 16 cm H2O

ResScan interpretation guide http://www.apneaboard.com/ResScan_Interp...-Guide.pdf
Snore Index: A measure based on the amplitude of the vibrations generated by a patient’s snoring
(11-16-2013, 09:36 PM)zonk Wrote: SleepyHead glossary
Snore: A loud upper airway breathing sound during sleep, without episodes of apnea.
Snore detection in Respironics System One..Vibratory snore is detected when a specific frequency is detected during the inspiratory portion of the patient's breath. Vibratory snore is disabled at pressures greater than 16 cm H2O

ResScan interpretation guide ...
Snore Index: A measure based on the amplitude of the vibrations generated by a patient’s snoring

Thanks Zonk. The snore graph in SleepyHead has a range of 0.0 to 2.0. I am still trying to understand a the snore graph. It started out at 0.0 and went up and down between 0.0 and 2.0. What does a snore data point = 0.9 means?

(11-17-2013, 10:47 PM)newuser777 Wrote: What does a snore data point = 0.9 means?
Hi newuser777
I don,t use sleepyhead, ResScan shows snore on a scale ranging from quiet to loud

(11-17-2013, 11:57 PM)zonk Wrote:
(11-17-2013, 10:47 PM)newuser777 Wrote: What does a snore data point = 0.9 means?
Hi newuser777
I don,t use sleepyhead, ResScan shows snore on a scale ranging from quiet to loud

I've never heard any meaningful definition of the "snore" scale other than "higher is more."
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
(11-18-2013, 12:07 AM)archangle Wrote: I've never heard any meaningful definition of the "snore" scale other than "higher is more."
I think whether or not you experience a snore at all or how many times a night is useful. The graphs show you when you snore and how many times. Correlate that with the scale and that might be useful.

Bob
I want to move my SH files on my laptop to my desktop. At the same time, while cleaning house, I want to remove a single attempt to add in oximetry data. I've never been able to get it to work but the data is still there. It's one night but it takes up a huge amount of space on the front page.

So, 1: how do I remove that oximetry data?

and 2: how do I easily transfer that data from one puter to the other? just copy over the /Documents/SleepyHeadData folder? But then how do I get SH to see the user? Will it automagically do it?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

(11-23-2013, 12:10 PM)rgmichel Wrote:
(11-18-2013, 12:07 AM)archangle Wrote: I've never heard any meaningful definition of the "snore" scale other than "higher is more."
I think whether or not you experience a snore at all or how many times a night is useful. The graphs show you when you snore and how many times. Correlate that with the scale and that might be useful. (emphasis added)
Curiosity: Why do you think the snore graph tells you how many times you snore? Or are you just counting the number of times the snore graph has peaks in it?

Snoring data is not well understood because neither Resmed nor PR has openly published much about what their snoring data means---other than "you're snoring."

The scale in ResScan indicates that on the Resmed S9s, the higher the snore graph is, the louder the machine thinks you are snoring. But there are no "units" on this snore graph, and hence the numerical values in SH really carry no meaning that we users have been able to clearly ascertain---beyond "higher is louder."

The snoring data on PR System One machines is extremely confusing---regardless of whether you look at it in Encore or SleepyHead. When JediMark was writing the SH code that displays the snoring data for PR System One machines, he discovered there were two kinds of snoring data being recorded by a PR System One that is run in Auto mode. He called them VS and VS2 for lack of any better names.

The VS snores are recorded only when the System One is run in Auto mode, and these are the snores that trigger pressure increases. The VS snores have time stamps on them, but otherwise there is no number attached to them in the SH events list in the daily data. On a System One machine, the SH VSI is calculated as:
  • SH VSI = (number of VS scored)/(total run time)
If you are using a PR System One in fixed pressure mode, the SH VSI = 0.0 regardless of how much you are snoring because the VS snores are not recorded in fixed pressure mode.

The VS2 snores are recorded regardless of whether the System One is running in fixed pressure mode or Auto mode. There are numbers attached to the VS2 snores, and it is these numbers that SH uses to draw the snore graph for System One machines. Whether those numbers actually mean "louder snoring" or "longer snoring" is not at all clear. The assumption that a lot of people make about the SH snore graph is that the higher the graph, the louder the snoring. That may or may not be correct, and looking at the snoring data for a System One machine in Encore (the official software for the PR machines) does not clarify things very much.

In Encore, the VS2s show up in the event table as VS tick marks, but they do not show up in the Encore wave form data. The VS snores show up as tick marks in the Encore wave form data, but do not seem to show up in the tick marks for the VS line in the event table. The Encore VSI is NOT equal to the number of VS2 snores divided by the run time; typically it is much larger than the number of VS2 snores divided by the run time. Reviewing my own data it becomes clear that the Encore VSI is also NOT equal to the total number of VS and VS2 snores divided by the run time. What I've found out in staring at my snore data for a very long time is this data based conjecture:
  • Encore VSI = (Sum of the VS2 snore numbers)/(total run time)
where the "snore numbers" are those numbers that show up for each VS2 in parenthesis following the time stamp in the SleepyHead list of events in the Daily Data.

Why the Encore VSI is defined this way remains a mystery to me. It is possible, however, that those parenthetical numbers just might be counting the time the snoring continued measured in (seconds? or breaths?). In which case the VSI would equal an "average amount of time per hour spent snoring" where the "time spent snoring" is measured in whatever the units for the VS2's actually are. But calling this number an "index" seems misleading in that case since all the other indices in the Encore reports are clearly defined as
  • Event Index = (number of events of given type)/(total run time)

Moreover the Periodic Breathing data (PB) is reported as a percentage (%) of the night in Encore, which clearly indicates that it is the length (in seconds) of the PB that is being recorded by the machine. And that length in seconds value is the parenthetical number that shows up in SH by each PB event.

Hence: It's a real mystery on how the PR System One machines score a snore, how they tell whether it is a VS or a VS2, and what the numerical meanings are for the individual VS2 numbers; the SH VSI; and the Encore VSI.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another OSCAR cannot find data thread - with a twist. Cuppa 63 3,994 03-02-2023, 04:30 AM
Last Post: Cuppa
  OSCAR v1.3.0 is released [old archived thread] Gideon 36 7,518 02-07-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Looking for DreamStation 2 samples using 12mm heated tube [thread closed] sawinglogz 6 1,205 01-14-2022, 04:43 PM
Arrow ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions] SuperSleeper 1,109 1,649,189 08-25-2015, 07:10 PM
Information Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Jun-2014 thru Aug 2015] SuperSleeper 542 155,167 08-21-2015, 01:27 PM
Arrow EncoreBasic 2.4.8.0 CPAP Reporting Software [Archived read-only thread] EncoreBasic User 142 88,591 02-18-2015, 11:29 AM
Last Post: on the virge
  ResScan SW thread 2 -- runs on 64 bit OS? justMongo 6 3,372 05-18-2014, 11:07 PM
Last Post: herbm

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.