Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Sep-2011 thru May 2014]
RE: SleepyHead CPAP Reporting Software - JediMark
(05-12-2012, 10:43 PM)LSekunda Wrote: Sleepyhead V0.9.2-1 is giving me the error "couldn't find any machine data"

Just a quick update:

The CPAP machine btw is a Philips Respironics BiPAP S/T C-Series

My wife was taking a nap when I first posted, so when she woke up I tried her card from her System One RemStar Pro with C-Flex+ (450P) machine, Sleepyhead read her card just fine, so not likely the install or computer. Assuming at this point that the Sleepyhead software just does not recognize the BiPap ST machine. Hope you can support sometime in the near future. Be glad to test for you.

The hardware list only states:
"Philips Respironics
RemStar System One Series, including BIPAP & AutoSV machines"

I can read my data with Encore Basic; but looking at my wife's data, Sleepyhead appears to provide better detail. Submitted info to JediMark, so hopefully sometime in the future.

I've got a System One RemStar Auto with A-Flex (560P) and have tried the most recent builds on mac and windows and cannot import any data from my SD card. As suggested above I have tried to import from the root of the SD card. The software on both operating systems recognizes some data on the card because it collects the correct machine information off of the card but reports that no CPAP machine data was imported. Any ideas on what I can try to investigate/fix this issue?
Hi rhepler, welcome to the forum
SleepyHead don,t support PR-System-One-60 series (as in your profile)
(05-14-2012, 09:07 AM)randomguy99 Wrote:
(05-03-2012, 09:49 PM)shutterbug sue Wrote: Just curious, if anyone else with an oximeter has a pulse that drops down to 45. That seems kind of low to me. I've used it 3 nights now and the low pulse was 44, 48 & 45. The pulse only went up a couple of times during the night. I'm wondering if this is when I turned over or if there is another cause. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

This may be normal. I am pretty sure I hit mid 40s now. I haven't upload my data in a month (need to find my cable). In mid april when I checked I was hitting around 48 as a low during the night.

Common factors
1. Depending on your age - (the older you are the slower your heart rate)
2. The amount of exercise you do. If you do moderate to vigorous cardio exercise often, you should have a lower at rest rate. (this is often called a well trained athlete)
3. stimulate free always helps
4. Some people have a lower heart rate.

I read somewhere a while back that your pulse in deep sleep should be 10-20 beats lower than your resting heart rate. (sorry don't have the source). Normal heart rate is 60-100 beat per minute (less than 60 if you exercise a lot). 10-20 less than 60 is 40-50.

Wear you meter during the day. Siting on the couch reading a book. I have seen mine hit around 60 during the day when I look at it with my wrist/chest heart rate monitor.

when you are in REM sleep your heart rate should increase. that is why it varies as you go through multiple sleep cycles per night.

When in doubt check with your doctor.

My resting heart rate is one thing I monitor as I exercise more. It is another indicator of improving health.

Thank-you for the reply. I have checked my heart rate at rest while awake and it's usually in the low-mid 60's. I do walk my dogs every day so I guess that counts as exercise. I am "over the hill" so I guess that is another reason for the slower heart rate! I also avoid all stimulants like caffeine and over the counter meds like Sudafed. I did mention it to my doctor and she didn't seem concerned. Smile
Hiya,

I'm looking to buy an APAP to replace my CPAP and to allow me to monitor my sleep data.

As an open source geek myself I'd like to use Sleepyhead.

A local (EU) website suggested a 'System One REMstar Auto CPAP System' although that was to use with proprietary software.

The sleepyhead site says that it works with modern REMstar system ones, but I see in a post a few above this that a particular System OneREMstar auto isn't supported.

Can anybody tell me if 'System One REMstar Auto CPAP System' is supported? I don't know if the name is enough information to give, but it is from supplier 23 on the supplier list.

An alternative would be the quite expensive but seemingly high spec 'ICON Auto CPAP Machine with Humidifier' from the same supplier.

My current machine is a Fisher & Paykel cpap and I like it, apart from the complete lack of data monitoring. So if the ICON Auto was supported then that would be a strong contender for me.

It's a lot of money to have to pay out, so I'd appreciate any tips before I go and spend it Smile

And thanks a lot to the OP for writing SleepyHead Smile
(05-24-2012, 11:30 AM)quozl Wrote: Hiya,

I'm looking to buy an APAP to replace my CPAP and to allow me to monitor my sleep data.

As an open source geek myself I'd like to use Sleepyhead.

A local (EU) website suggested a 'System One REMstar Auto CPAP System' although that was to use with proprietary software.

The sleepyhead site says that it works with modern REMstar system ones, but I see in a post a few above this that a particular System OneREMstar auto isn't supported.

Can anybody tell me if 'System One REMstar Auto CPAP System' is supported? I don't know if the name is enough information to give, but it is from supplier 23 on the supplier list.

An alternative would be the quite expensive but seemingly high spec 'ICON Auto CPAP Machine with Humidifier' from the same supplier.

My current machine is a Fisher & Paykel cpap and I like it, apart from the complete lack of data monitoring. So if the ICON Auto was supported then that would be a strong contender for me.

It's a lot of money to have to pay out, so I'd appreciate any tips before I go and spend it Smile

And thanks a lot to the OP for writing SleepyHead Smile

If it is model 550 than it will work. If it is the 560 it is not supported at this time
Sleepyhead software works very well with my Philips Resperonics System One REMstar Auto-CPAP with c flex machine.

Thanks a lot for the information Smile

I emailed them and they say that it's a IN551S model.

Is that a variant of the 550? Can anybody confirm if it works?

They tell me that it would work with either EncoreViewer 2.0 or Encore Pro 1.8 but I would always prefer to use an open source alternative where possible.
(05-25-2012, 04:17 AM)quozl Wrote: I emailed them and they say that it's a IN551S model.
I don,t know about this model but the auto pap on their site is the one supported by SleepyHead software which is the Phillips Respironcics System One REMstar Auto A/Flex and imo is better choice than the Icon.

(05-25-2012, 04:17 AM)quozl Wrote: I emailed them and they say that it's a IN551S model.

I looked at the Supplier 12 website. Apparently you are in the UK? (Please consider updating your profile with at least that much location info.)

I would think that that machine is supported by SleepyHead. I can't say for sure as I'm in the US and apparently different model numbers are used in the two different locations.

The other poster in this thread is uses the unsupported "S/T" machine which is different beast.

The only way to tell for sure is to go to the SourceForge website for SleepyHead and see if you can find out there if your model number is supported. The author of SleepyHead is out of pocket with family problems.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another OSCAR cannot find data thread - with a twist. Cuppa 63 3,989 03-02-2023, 04:30 AM
Last Post: Cuppa
  OSCAR v1.3.0 is released [old archived thread] Gideon 36 7,516 02-07-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Looking for DreamStation 2 samples using 12mm heated tube [thread closed] sawinglogz 6 1,205 01-14-2022, 04:43 PM
Arrow ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions] SuperSleeper 1,109 1,649,080 08-25-2015, 07:10 PM
Information Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Jun-2014 thru Aug 2015] SuperSleeper 542 155,135 08-21-2015, 01:27 PM
Arrow EncoreBasic 2.4.8.0 CPAP Reporting Software [Archived read-only thread] EncoreBasic User 142 88,580 02-18-2015, 11:29 AM
Last Post: on the virge
  ResScan SW thread 2 -- runs on 64 bit OS? justMongo 6 3,371 05-18-2014, 11:07 PM
Last Post: herbm

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.