Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Sep-2011 thru May 2014]
RE: SleepyHead CPAP Reporting Software - JediMark
(06-03-2012, 10:38 AM)Sleepster Wrote: You may want to get an oximeter and see how low your O2 levels drop during these events.
Cheers, I'll look into that.
Quote:I don't necessarily agree with your conclusion. It could be that the higher pressure is inducing the CA's. Perhaps they'll subside, or perhaps you'll have to lower the pressure.
[quote]Were you getting many OA's when you were on CPAP?
I've no idea - my CPAP only logged hours of usage, and I was unable to sleep except for about 30 minutes during the hospital titration - they didn't mention any CAs to me at the time, but it was literally only 30 minutes. I had to do a follow up home titration with an APAP machine, but I've no idea if that one made guesses at CAs like the System one does.

I'll see over the next while if the CAs seem to be related to pressure. I would have hoped the AFlex would help with such a thing but I'll give it time and see, I'll also after a while try the other exhalation relief options on the machine.

I was surprised that I still had an AHI of 9.5 last night, that may help explain why I'm still so tired with CPAP. Or it may not, who knows Smile
(06-03-2012, 01:23 PM)quozl Wrote: I'll see over the next while if the CAs seem to be related to pressure. I would have hoped the AFlex would help with such a thing but I'll give it time and see, I'll also after a while try the other exhalation relief options on the machine.

A-Flex can be set to three levels of exhalation relief: 1, 2, or 3.

Do you have a Respironics mask? If so, it should have a recommended resistance setting. You can set the System One Relief to match. This is not really exhalation relief, but it does change the shape of the inhalation and exhalation curves.

I recently lowered my pressure from 10 to 9.5, and turned the resistance on and set it to X4. Shortly therafter my HY index jumped high enough to put my AHI over 5 for the first time in months. I don't know if these adjustments were the cause, because the jump also coincided with a stressful event at work.

The best thing to do is wait a couple weeks and see what happens. The other important thing to note is that I feel a lot better today. I changed the oil, rotated the tires, and washed the car. None of this tired me out. It used to exhaust me to just wash the car. And it was a humid 92 deg F today!
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
I agree with Sleepster. One data point does not a trend make. Take a couple of weeks or so and look at your data again. That should give you a better picture of how things are going.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
(05-21-2012, 05:25 PM)zonk Wrote: Hi rhepler, welcome to the forum
SleepyHead don,t support PR-System-One-60 series (as in your profile)

Hi JediMark, I'm guessing my PR S1 Remstar Pro C-Flex + (460P) is in the same unsupported category as Rhepler's machine.

Any possible support timeframe? Software is loaded and machine is recognized just not importing data. Sad
(06-23-2012, 04:05 PM)pblakneyjr Wrote:

Hi JediMark, I'm guessing my PR S1 Remstar Pro C-Flex + (460P) is in the same unsupported category as Rhepler's machine.

Any possible support timeframe? Software is loaded and machine is recognized just not importing data. Sad
pblakneyjr: welcome to apnea board - No time frame yet as Mark is taking some time off and probably he will lets know when SleepyHead would be compatible with the new 60 series of machines.
I've read that EncoreBasic (not EncoreViewer) will work with the new 60 series machine.

(06-23-2012, 04:35 PM)zonk Wrote:
(06-23-2012, 04:05 PM)pblakneyjr Wrote:

pblakneyjr: welcome to apnea board - No time frame yet as Mark is taking some time off and probably he will lets know when SleepyHead would be compatible with the new 60 series of machines.
I've read that EncoreBasic (not EncoreViewer) will work with the new 60 series machine.
Thanks for the info Zonk!!

RE: SleepyHead CPAP Reporting Software - JediMark [copied from old forum]
Mark, thanks a million for making this software available. I think that just seeing objective results daily might help me with compliance.

I have a question with two parts, one for the software devs and one for medical-heads.

1) I turned on a user flag to grab events >2 seconds. Is this showing apneas and hypopneas or is this some other sort of event?

2) What is the effect of these sub-clinical events? Insurance companies and doctors and respiratory therapists all measure events >10 seconds, yet i read about so many people who are proclaimed to have "successful" therapy because there are less events >10 seconds, yet these folks still complain of symptoms and don't feel cured or treated.

In my case, my polysomnogram study showed 59 events per hour. During the (few) hours i can keep my mask on, the software shows me i dropped to 6 events per hour. Yet, i still feel the same. So, i turned on the user-flag events in Sleepyhead and i found 200 events per hour between 2 and 9 seconds. Who has links to studies that discuss these sub-clinical events?

Thanks,
another newbie

Mark's not around, but will be back someday, hopefully soon. Meanwhile, the best you can do is search the web and see if you can find answers. I'll give them a shot.

(07-15-2012, 04:32 PM)sheiman Wrote: 1) I turned on a user flag to grab events >2 seconds. Is this showing apneas and hypopneas or is this some other sort of event?

To count as an apnea or a hypopnea it has to last at least 10 seconds.

Quote:2) What is the effect of these sub-clinical events? Insurance companies and doctors and respiratory therapists all measure events >10 seconds, yet i read about so many people who are proclaimed to have "successful" therapy because there are less events >10 seconds, yet these folks still complain of symptoms and don't feel cured or treated.

Symptoms do persist for most of us. It's hard to say why. I think the reason for the 10-second rule is that researchers have to draw a line somewhere, so that they can count these events and measure responses to therapies.

I would wouldn't worry about events that last less than 10 seconds until you've got your AHI down to under 5. Once that happens, and you still don't feel the therapy is working for you, it's time to talk to your doctor about other possible causes.

That's what I think, anyway.
Sleepster

(07-15-2012, 07:01 PM)Sleepster Wrote: To count as an apnea or a hypopnea it has to last at least 10 seconds.
But there also is a setting in the Sleepyhead software that allows you to track a "user-flagged event." You get to set the % of tidal reduction and the time limits. I turned that setting on, so apparently get to see "sub-apneas."

(07-15-2012, 07:01 PM)Sleepster Wrote: I would wouldn't worry about events that last less than 10 seconds until you've got your AHI down to under 5. Once that happens, and you still don't feel the therapy is working for you, it's time to talk to your doctor about other possible causes.

That's a good approach--to see if i can fix the major events first; then worry about the smaller ones. I did do a lot of research on the medical journal sites today and could not find a spec of information about the sub-clinical events or why the threshold was set at 10 seconds. 9.9 seconds seems like a long time to stop breathing and still be measured as a successful treatment. I'm going to ask my doctor when i go for the first follow-up in two months.
(07-15-2012, 07:01 PM)Sleepster Wrote: Symptoms do persist for most of us. It's hard to say why.

Personally I find the RERA events to be more disturbing to my sleep than anything! Unfortunately these events do not necessarily correspond with OA events or CA events. They just seem to happen....constantly....They could correspond to RLS events, or shorter than 10 second events. But the first order of business is to get the OA events under control. I'm getting there for the most part. This weekend has been terrible due to family issues so sleep has been evasive at best. Once I get the big things under control, then I will try to determine what else is causing the RERA events and tackle them.
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another OSCAR cannot find data thread - with a twist. Cuppa 63 3,992 03-02-2023, 04:30 AM
Last Post: Cuppa
  OSCAR v1.3.0 is released [old archived thread] Gideon 36 7,517 02-07-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Looking for DreamStation 2 samples using 12mm heated tube [thread closed] sawinglogz 6 1,205 01-14-2022, 04:43 PM
Arrow ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions] SuperSleeper 1,109 1,649,139 08-25-2015, 07:10 PM
Information Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Jun-2014 thru Aug 2015] SuperSleeper 542 155,157 08-21-2015, 01:27 PM
Arrow EncoreBasic 2.4.8.0 CPAP Reporting Software [Archived read-only thread] EncoreBasic User 142 88,591 02-18-2015, 11:29 AM
Last Post: on the virge
  ResScan SW thread 2 -- runs on 64 bit OS? justMongo 6 3,372 05-18-2014, 11:07 PM
Last Post: herbm

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.