Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Sep-2011 thru May 2014]
RE: SleepyHead CPAP Reporting Software - JediMark
Anyone heard from jedimark lately? Is he still working on SleepyHead or taking a well-deserved break from it?

Mark, if you're around and reading this, could you pop in and let us know briefly how SleepyHead is going?

Also, PLEASE post a link to your DONATION page. I'd like folks to know that even though SleepyHead is free, you do take donations for the jedimark coffee fund, right? Coffee

Thanks!

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

I've read that Mark is taking some time off from SH right now but would be back as soon as he can.
Best wishes.
Hi Guys & Gals.. I'm still alive.

I'm currently in the middle of dealing with some family problems, which doesn't allow me much time to focus on coding right now.

I promise I will get back into the swing of things.. the list of bugs is getting scary.. :-}
Sleepyhead can you tell me how to download my data from my Redmed s9 machine to my computer. On another tread, someone suggested that I down load your Sleeyheal to my computer. I was part way through it when I realized that I don't have a card reader. Is that port in the back of the machine just for the oximetry or can I put a usb cord in there?[/size][/font]
(03-03-2012, 02:44 AM)swilson Wrote: Sleepyhead can you tell me how to download my data from my Redmed s9 machine to my computer. On another tread, someone suggested that I down load your Sleeyheal to my computer. I was part way through it when I realized that I don't have a card reader. Is that port in the back of the machine just for the oximetry or can I put a usb cord in there?[/size][/font]

i haven't seen anybody talk about using a usb cable. card readers for the computer are very cheap. try tiger direct.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
(03-03-2012, 02:44 AM)swilson Wrote: Sleepyhead can you tell me how to download my data from my Redmed s9 machine to my computer. On another tread, someone suggested that I down load your Sleeyheal to my computer. I was part way through it when I realized that I don't have a card reader. Is that port in the back of the machine just for the oximetry or can I put a usb cord in there?[/size][/font]

Greatunclebill suggest Tiger Direct which is a good site. If you don't want to order online, most stores that carry any computer equipment will have them including Walmart, Target, Walgreens, BestBuy, etc.
(03-03-2012, 12:19 AM)jedimark Wrote: Hi Guys & Gals.. I'm still alive.

I'm currently in the middle of dealing with some family problems, which doesn't allow me much time to focus on coding right now.

I promise I will get back into the swing of things.. the list of bugs is getting scary.. :-}

Hi Mark, thanks for the update.  Family definitely comes first.

We strongly support the open-source SleepyHead project.  On the Apnea Board Forum, we use non-commercial, open-source software solutions over commercial products where possible.    Our new forum software is based on an open-source software package, all the software packages used for maintaining ApneaBoard.com are open-source (Gimp, K3b, KompoZer, gFTP, MediaWiki, etc.) and my desktop computer is running the open-source Ubuntu Linux operating system.  Cool

Thanks again to jedimark for providing this wonderful software package!

Thanks
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Using the SD card is the way to go, at least for now. Check your computer carefully, a majority of the computers made in the past few years have an SD card reader, but they may not be obvious. On desktops, it's usually on the front below the CD drives. On laptops, it can be anywhere along the edge. It's a pretty small slot, so it's easy to miss.

USB SD card readers are pretty cheap and fairly easy to find. Walmart, maybe even Walgreens, should have them. $10 to $20 should buy one.

Mark, glad you're still kicking around. Best of luck to you.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.

I have the card reader now. I bought USB card reader. Do I need to format it? I read somewhere about formatting.
(03-03-2012, 09:48 PM)swilson Wrote:
I have the card reader now. I bought USB card reader. Do I need to format it? I read somewhere about formatting.

If you have been using the card in your machine, the answer is NO! Don't format the card. If you format it, you will erase your data. However, look to see if it has a tab to lock it. The lock is usually in the same location on all cards. You can see a picture of it by clicking here. Lock it before you put it in your card reader and then unlock it before you put it back in your machine. Locking your card stops the computer from writing to it which could corrupt your data.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another OSCAR cannot find data thread - with a twist. Cuppa 63 3,992 03-02-2023, 04:30 AM
Last Post: Cuppa
  OSCAR v1.3.0 is released [old archived thread] Gideon 36 7,517 02-07-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Looking for DreamStation 2 samples using 12mm heated tube [thread closed] sawinglogz 6 1,205 01-14-2022, 04:43 PM
Arrow ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions] SuperSleeper 1,109 1,649,161 08-25-2015, 07:10 PM
Information Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Jun-2014 thru Aug 2015] SuperSleeper 542 155,160 08-21-2015, 01:27 PM
Arrow EncoreBasic 2.4.8.0 CPAP Reporting Software [Archived read-only thread] EncoreBasic User 142 88,591 02-18-2015, 11:29 AM
Last Post: on the virge
  ResScan SW thread 2 -- runs on 64 bit OS? justMongo 6 3,372 05-18-2014, 11:07 PM
Last Post: herbm

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.