Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Sep-2011 thru May 2014]
RE: SleepyHead CPAP Reporting Software - JediMark
(09-08-2012, 11:53 AM)billhk22 Wrote: Mark,
How can it used in F&P ICON Auto ?
SleepHead doesn't support F&P Icon yet
The manual of the Icon is available via Email. Scroll down to section three (other manuals)
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

Icon setup video
http://vimeo.com/20560260

Okay, first night with the Autoset. Display says AHI of 1.3 which is freakin' fantastic.

Anyway, I open the program. I click the import on the right. I point it to the SD card. But it doesn't see anything. I point it to the Datalog folder. Nothing. There's files there. The datalog is full of files with .crc and .erf extensions.

What am I doing wrong?

Edit to add: Sourceforge is down or something. None of the help webpages there are opening. I get 'time out' errors.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Sourceforge is working now. I looked at the documentation online and it says to point it to the card, not the folder. I did this already but tried again. It still doesn't see anything. Aarrgghh!
PaulaO

In SleepyHead, what is the difference between Mask Pressure and Pressure? They aren't the same. Which is the one to pay attention to?

PaulaO

I'll let a ResMed user answer this one, but my guess is you want to go by the pressure until you're sure of the answer. The mask pressure is a tad higher, I'd guess, than the pressure? It's probably an attempt to account for the extra resistance added to the pressure by the mask, so the more restrictive your mask is (nasal pillows as opposed to full face, for example) the bigger the difference.

A lot of these features are not fully set up yet in the beta release, so you have to be careful. You can go into the menu and turn lots of these distracting things off.

For example, Mark never did figure out how to correctly calculate the unintentional leak for a PRS1 BiPAP, so I just turn that graph off and look at only the total leak.

You can check using ResScan to see which numbers are being reported correctly by SH. The learning curve's a bit steep at first, but once you figure these little things out it's smoother.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Ah. That makes sense. Yes, the mask pressure is higher by a lot.

Right now I have everything available showing until I figure out what I view and what I don't.
PaulaO

(11-15-2012, 09:29 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: In SleepyHead, what is the difference between Mask Pressure and Pressure? They aren't the same. Which is the one to pay attention to?

I think the pressure reading is the "set" pressure, i.e. the pressure it's trying to apply at the mask. The "mask pressure" is the machines best estimate of what the actual pressure is at the mask, considering airflow, air drag, fluid dynamics, etc. If you have EPR turned on, "mask pressure" also appears to show the change in pressure as it switches from the inhale pressure to exhale pressure. It would also probably show bilevel pressure changes as well.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
So I've been using the APAP for a week. Well, actually, it has just been 6 nights. Anyway, I'm getting some interesting data. Of course, I understand only about half of it!

My AHI has been less than 2 nearly every night. I have it set to go from 10-16 but it stays between 12 and 15.98.

One thing I have seen is I have OA events in clusters once a night then a handful of others spread out. And after each OA event that requires a higher pressure to resolve, and among the clusters, will be a CA event. Not many, just enough. This happened during my initial sleep study. The higher the pressure, the more CA events. I was not diagnosed with mixed, though. And I have CA events with the pressure being low, too, so who knows?

Is there a way to see what the pressure was at the end of an event other than just looking between the two graphs? I found out I can click on the Events tab in the Daily screen and then click on an event and it will be highlighted on the graphs.

I'm tempted to increase the pressure to 16.5 but I'll wait at least another week before I do.

Just thought I'd give an update. I am loving seeing all this data, even if I don't know exactly what it means. I like feeling in charge of my own health!
PaulaO

Mine come in clusters, too.

Keep in mind that the machine is not as good as a sleep study at distinguishing between OA's and CA's.

And another thing to look at is the duration of the CA's. If they're short, say just 10-15 seconds long, they're not as troublesome as ones that last a minute.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
The CAs last the longest, usually around 12-14 seconds.

I'm not overly concerned about them. I have less of them than I do OAs. Just keeping an eye on them.

I hate having no card reader on this desktop. All the data is on the laptop. Granted, it's right next to me but it's still frustrating. I have a network program I use to access the data from here. Yes, I am lazy.
PaulaO

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another OSCAR cannot find data thread - with a twist. Cuppa 63 3,995 03-02-2023, 04:30 AM
Last Post: Cuppa
  OSCAR v1.3.0 is released [old archived thread] Gideon 36 7,518 02-07-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Looking for DreamStation 2 samples using 12mm heated tube [thread closed] sawinglogz 6 1,205 01-14-2022, 04:43 PM
Arrow ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions] SuperSleeper 1,109 1,649,206 08-25-2015, 07:10 PM
Information Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Jun-2014 thru Aug 2015] SuperSleeper 542 155,171 08-21-2015, 01:27 PM
Arrow EncoreBasic 2.4.8.0 CPAP Reporting Software [Archived read-only thread] EncoreBasic User 142 88,591 02-18-2015, 11:29 AM
Last Post: on the virge
  ResScan SW thread 2 -- runs on 64 bit OS? justMongo 6 3,372 05-18-2014, 11:07 PM
Last Post: herbm

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.