Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Sep-2011 thru May 2014]
RE: SleepyHead CPAP Reporting Software - JediMark
(12-20-2012, 09:19 PM)sleepypapabear Wrote: I have a System One RemStar Auto with A-Flex (560P).

You probably need to apply the patch before it will read data from your machine. The patch is a replacement .exe file that you just use to replace the existing .exe file.
Where do I find this patch?
Thanks.
Charlie
Go to this thread:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...e-software

Down in the post is a section for where to get the patch and how to install it.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

(12-20-2012, 08:52 PM)TheWerkz Wrote: SleepyHead does not support the ResMed S8 series, just the S9 series.

My best option would then be to opt for an S9. Help me pray Dreaming
Yet another three years, I think.
Arie KLERK: Member of the Dutch Apnea Association staff (https://apneuvereniging.nl) and proud to be the OSCAR Translations Team Coordinator. 
***Please help us: We’re always looking for more translators and language editors***

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients, but just dedication to AB. 
First time I've posted in this thread, though I have been using Sleepyhead since nearly the beginning of treatment in Nov '12. Thanks so much for this software! It is much easier to read and comprehend than ResScan for me. I find the graphical interface more user friendly.

However, I've noticed that when looking at reports which have days in which I haven't used the machine, instead of computing ALL the days in a given period, Sleepyhead subtracts the non-used days from the total, then assesses compliance based only on the remaining days, giving erroneous results.

So, if, for instance, I used the machine 11 out of 14 days, which is really a compliance over 70%, and set it to report on that 14 day period, Sleepyhead decides that there are only 11 total days, with three missing days, and gives a compliance rate around 53%, which still seems off, since to get a compliance rate around 50% out of 11 days, one would have to miss 5 days, not three.

Or am I a complete mathematical idiot?

I'm using V0.9.1 - it won't update, and all I find on the site is that version, although I understand there is a newer version.
To sleep; perchance to dream...
[Image: resmedforher.gif]
[Image: Sleepwellpink1_zps36e39dba.gif]
[split] Sleepyhead
not to interfere with SH crowds but just thought to mention Resscan as you got listed in profile
Resscan will tell you most recent usage
for example when open Resscan, mine say: 12/12/2012 - 8/1/2013 ... 100%
median daily usage ... 7. hours

also the summary graphs shows total usage and there is 4 hours compliance threshold (red line)
which might be helpful for the DME if you,re tracking your compliance for insurance purposes

Thanks, zonk! It's true - ResScan is showing the usage correctly. I'm just nitpicky and obsessive about my usage stats, LOL. I hate it when they're inaccurate -especially when they make me look bad, LOL.

I suppose I shouldn't be, as presumably I am done with compliance. They told me to send back my modem. I've reached compliance for Medicare purposes - 30 days within the first 90 days of over 70%, etc. However, I got an automated call from the DME asking me about my usage stats after 60 days of treatment, which has me completely confused. I responded, but have no plans to send in my SD card unless a real person requests it, which would still upset me. As Paula says, if you get a motorized wheelchair and use it less than 70% of the time, does that make it medically unnecessary?

Medically necessary should only mean that your condition warrants the treatment, period. /rant.
To sleep; perchance to dream...
[Image: resmedforher.gif]
[Image: Sleepwellpink1_zps36e39dba.gif]
(01-10-2013, 07:18 AM)renatae Wrote: Medically necessary should only mean that your condition warrants the treatment, period. /rant.

Yes, but in the case of CPAP therapy many users are not compliant because the service provider is lame. I don't want my tax dollars being wasted on corrupt doctors and DME's who spend a fortune diagnosing patients and supplying them with CPAP machines, but don't provide the counseling, mask fitting, and follow-up care that is often necessary for successful treatment.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
(01-10-2013, 10:44 AM)Sleepster Wrote: Yes, but in the case of CPAP therapy many users are not compliant because the service provider is lame. I don't want my tax dollars being wasted on corrupt doctors and DME's who spend a fortune diagnosing patients and supplying them with CPAP machines, but don't provide the counseling, mask fitting, and follow-up care that is often necessary for successful treatment.

That is true of the majority of DMEs, unfortunately. If they did their whole complete job, Apnea Board would not be a necessity. But, the profit to DMEs is in the selling of equipment, not in servicing the customer after the sale. Thinking-about
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Hi,
(This is my first post on ApneaBoard...what a great resource!)

I'm using a brand new Respironics System One BiPAP Auto Bi-Flex, shipped in December. I looked on the bottom for 550 or 560 version (per software download instructions) and the closest thing to that is 760. I applied the patch and am running SleepyHead v0.9.2.

I uploaded the data successfully but got some very strange results. Last night's AHI=16609.12 (the machine says 0% AHI).

Here's a cut and paste of the left panel Details for 1/12/13.
Philips Respironics
System One 760P
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-Flex
Mode: APAP 10-15cmH2O
Date Sleep Wake Hours
1/12/2013 23:54 08:56 03:43:04
AHIApnea / Hypopnea Index 16609.12
HypopneaHypopnea 70.20
ObstructiveObstructive Apnea 304.75
Clear AirwayClear Airway Apnea 16234.16
RERAResp. Effort Related Arousal 1583.74
Flow LimitFlow Limitation 0.00
VSnoreVibratory Snore 0.00
PB/CSRPeriodic Breathing 0.00%

Event Breakdown

Statistics
Channel Min Med 95% Max
PressurePressure (cmH20)
W-Avg: 13.07 1.80 1.90 24.00 24.00
Minute Vent.Minute Ventilation (L/min)
W-Avg: 6.90 0.12 6.62 10.12 17.50
Resp. RateRespiratory Rate (breaths/min)
W-Avg: 15.85 12.55 15.20 20.80 27.80
LeaksLeak Rate (L/min)
W-Avg: 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00
Total LeaksTotal Leak Rate (L/min)
SnoreSnore (unknown)
Insp TimeInspiratory Time (seconds)
W-Avg: 2.54 0.20 2.66 3.46 3.92
Exp TimeExpiratory Time (seconds)
W-Avg: 1.30 0.12 1.20 2.06 2.52
Tidal VolumeTidal Volume (ml)
W-Avg: 428.37 13.33 420.00 560.00 908.19

Machine Settings

I had previously tried an earlier version of SleepyHead with a ResMed machine and the transferred data matched the on board data read out on the machine....which was great.

I'm wondering if this machine is too new for the software??? Or do you recommend trying an older version of SleepyHead (without the patch?)

Thanks,
Bob

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another OSCAR cannot find data thread - with a twist. Cuppa 63 3,951 03-02-2023, 04:30 AM
Last Post: Cuppa
  OSCAR v1.3.0 is released [old archived thread] Gideon 36 7,482 02-07-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Looking for DreamStation 2 samples using 12mm heated tube [thread closed] sawinglogz 6 1,199 01-14-2022, 04:43 PM
Arrow ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions] SuperSleeper 1,109 1,646,898 08-25-2015, 07:10 PM
Information Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Jun-2014 thru Aug 2015] SuperSleeper 542 154,424 08-21-2015, 01:27 PM
Arrow EncoreBasic 2.4.8.0 CPAP Reporting Software [Archived read-only thread] EncoreBasic User 142 88,386 02-18-2015, 11:29 AM
Last Post: on the virge
  ResScan SW thread 2 -- runs on 64 bit OS? justMongo 6 3,361 05-18-2014, 11:07 PM
Last Post: herbm

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.