Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Sep-2011 thru May 2014]
RE: SleepyHead CPAP Reporting Software - JediMark

OK, I have locked it. Thank you very much JediMark. Well here goes I'm going to see my data for the first time.
Wow, wonder where I've been...that I missed all this.

Probably sleeping....

This sure sounds just like what I need....since my 'new' Windows 7 system crashed and burned a month ago....and I'm thinking its time to make Ubuntu my main desktop....(waiting for 12.04LTS) and slowly trying to figure out what things I can't do without Windows (and what virtualization tech to play with...though probably have to dual boot, since the OEM version is tied to the hardware)
You may be a dreamer, but I'm The Dreamer, the definite article you might say!
(03-05-2012, 09:46 AM)TheDreamer Wrote: ...and I'm thinking its time to make Ubuntu my main desktop....(waiting for 12.04LTS) and slowly trying to figure out what things I can't do without Windows (and what virtualization tech to play with...though probably have to dual boot, since the OEM version is tied to the hardware)

I pretty much do 99% of everything using Ubuntu Linux right now, even have my wife's computer running it. Linux on the desktop is light years from where it used to be only 5 years ago. I'm running 10.04 LTS now and will probably upgrade to 12.04 LTS sometime after it comes out in late April. I don't bother with the interim releases between the LTS (Long Term Support) versions.

If you do go the Ubuntu Linux route, install Ubuntu Tweak also, it will help you customize some stuff. And, you can still (to some degree) run some Windows-only aps via the program called "Wine".

Smile
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Having just downloaded V.0.9.2 (latest) for Mac of Sleepyhead I has thrilled to see that it seem to now support the F&P Icon (currently rented while I wait for my ResMed S9 Autoset to arrive) machine.

All data provided is very informative and it is pretty simple to use. Had an issue with data corruption of one day, purging data from Sleepyhead & clearing the USB stick fixed the problem.

Off the donation page for to leave a thank you gift.
Yep... thanks for the heads-up on that, enander... not sure if that support is fully functional yet, but I did notice on Mark's Sourceforge wiki (my emphasis):

jedimark Wrote:SleepyHead is open-source, cross platform, sleep tracking software by JediMark with a focus on monitoring CPAP treatment.

It currently works with data capable versions of the following machines:

Philips Respironics System One
ResMed S9 families
DeVilbiss Intellipap
Fisher & Paykel Icon support is coming soon!

You can also use Contec CMS50 (USB serial) oximeters, as well as ResMed S9's oximeter attachment.

SleepyHead is currently in Beta release..
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

RE: SleepyHead CPAP Reporting Software - JediMark [copied from old forum]
(02-22-2012, 11:44 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:
cbramsey Wrote:
jedimark,(time=1327036176) Wrote:Maybe I should add an "AutoScan" button to the import list like SleepyHead used to do at the beginning..

It could scan every available drive letter after D: on windows, everything under /media on Linux, and wherever Mac's mount their media cards.. (can anyone tell me where that is on a Mac?)

I just don't want to take away the flexibility to import from whatever folder we please.

If I did that, the import list could potentially be removed.. ? (It's a troublemaker code-wise)
I think this is what you are asking about. You will find attached a screen shot of the Mac Disk Utility. It showed the SD Card for my Philips Respironics System One APAP Machine is in geek speak "/Volumes/NO NAME"

Hope that is what you are looking for.

[Image: ScreenShot2012-01-20at103022AM.jpg]

cbramsey, thanks for this post cbramsey. I just used it to recover from a "sleepy error" that I made upon waking up this morning.

Supersleeper, why was his screenshot of a MacOS Utility deleted? I think it might have been informative to some of us Mac users, and it would have saved us the trouble to locate and launch it.

Netskier
My age is none of my mind's business. --- Netskier
(03-15-2012, 05:11 PM)Netskier Wrote:
(02-22-2012, 11:44 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:
cbramsey Wrote:
jedimark,(time=1327036176) Wrote:Maybe I should add an "AutoScan" button to the import list like SleepyHead used to do at the beginning..

It could scan every available drive letter after D: on windows, everything under /media on Linux, and wherever Mac's mount their media cards.. (can anyone tell me where that is on a Mac?)

I just don't want to take away the flexibility to import from whatever folder we please.

If I did that, the import list could potentially be removed.. ? (It's a troublemaker code-wise)
I think this is what you are asking about. You will find attached a screen shot of the Mac Disk Utility. It showed the SD Card for my Philips Respironics System One APAP Machine is in geek speak "/Volumes/NO NAME"

Hope that is what you are looking for.

[Image: ScreenShot2012-01-20at103022AM.jpg]

cbramsey, thanks for this post cbramsey. I just used it to recover from a "sleepy error" that I made upon waking up this morning.

Supersleeper, why was his screenshot of a MacOS Utility deleted? I think it might have been informative to some of us Mac users, and it would have saved us the trouble to locate and launch it.

Netskier

That was cbramsey's photo, hosted on his own photobucket account.... I didn't delete anything.

Apparently it was deleted from cbramsey's photobucket account. Have no control over that. You need to ask cbramsey what happened to the photo.

Smile
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Feature Request: Enter body weight in pounds and tenths of pounds, rather than pounds and ounces.

Here in the states we primitively do not use the metric system, but our new digital scales do indicate to the tenth of a pound. I don't recall seeing any body weight scales that display in pounds and ounces.

Anyhow, it is a mild pain to mentally convert 210.4 pounds to 210 pounds and 6 ounces, so it would be nice to be able to just key in the 210.4 pounds directly.

Feature Request: Provide a data entry feature for Number of Urinations During the Sleep Period.

Basically I am looking for a way to graph "pees per night" so that I can track it with everything else.

This is interesting to me since OSA causes noctural urinations, and mine have decreased from 5-10/night to 1-2/night.

This new feature won't help me but should prove to be illuminating to all the newbies.
Feature Request: Provide a blood-pressure recording and graphing facility.

I have a blood pressure meter that I use to measure my pressure upon awakening, and I would love to be able to plot it along with my body weight, BMI, Zombieness, number of urinations, etc.

Since OSA causes hypertension, I want to be able to see how my hypertension decreases with CPAP treatment/prevention of my OSA.

Thanks for considering this.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another OSCAR cannot find data thread - with a twist. Cuppa 63 3,996 03-02-2023, 04:30 AM
Last Post: Cuppa
  OSCAR v1.3.0 is released [old archived thread] Gideon 36 7,521 02-07-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Looking for DreamStation 2 samples using 12mm heated tube [thread closed] sawinglogz 6 1,206 01-14-2022, 04:43 PM
Arrow ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions] SuperSleeper 1,109 1,649,268 08-25-2015, 07:10 PM
Information Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Jun-2014 thru Aug 2015] SuperSleeper 542 155,198 08-21-2015, 01:27 PM
Arrow EncoreBasic 2.4.8.0 CPAP Reporting Software [Archived read-only thread] EncoreBasic User 142 88,594 02-18-2015, 11:29 AM
Last Post: on the virge
  ResScan SW thread 2 -- runs on 64 bit OS? justMongo 6 3,372 05-18-2014, 11:07 PM
Last Post: herbm

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.