Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Sep-2011 thru May 2014]
RE: SleepyHead CPAP Reporting Software - JediMark [copied from old forum]
iSnooze Wrote:Love the software, but am still trying to figure out what it all means. I have 2 questions and I haven't found the answers online to them yet.

1) Snore = are the numbers the decibel level or something else?

2) What do the 2 different Leaks line in the overview mean (Leaks 90% and Leaks W avg)?
Sleepster Wrote:
iSnooze,(time=1325932669) Wrote:2) What do the 2 different Leaks line in the overview mean (Leaks 90% and Leaks W avg)?
Mark must be busy trying to get to beta.

Last night my W-avg was 7.25. I think this means that the average value of the leak rate during the entire night was 7.25 liters per minute. It's probable a weighted average, something Mark could explain better.

My 90% was 15. I think this means that 90% of the time, my leak rate was below 15 liters per minute.
archangle Wrote:
iSnooze,(time=1326036969) Wrote:Thanks, Sleepster! If I understand this correctly, as long as my Leaks 90% and Leak W avg are below the acceptable leak rate for my mask, I'm fine. Is that how I should interpret the results?
If they're above that level, the pressure may drop below what it's supposed to be because the machine can't keep up.

If they're below that level, it's less bad, but you may still have other problems related to leaks. The worst problem is probably if you are leaking air out of your mouth, since that will dry out your throat and mouth, and might actually cause reduced pressure in your throat where it counts.
jedimark Wrote:I'm very proud to announce the official beta release of SleepyHead, 0.9.1

Loads of new changes Smile

Available for Windows platform with an installer..
http://sourceforge.net/projects/sleepyhead/files/

A long list of new features in the release notes can be found here:
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/sl...otes-0.9.1

Mac platform build to follow soon.. But might first try to push via the auto-updater first on this platform though.. (from previous 0.9.0 version)
Jimbo's been working very hard on behalf of your Mac users making sure I don't break stuff and things work good on your platform.

Linux users, zlib 1.2.5 is needed.. The latest ubuntu apparently doesn't have this zlib version.. I'm still working out how to incorporate zlib so this problem vanishes. The official QtSDK is still the best way to build.. Hopefully we can get some .deb/.rpm files happening soon..

Well, have fun.. my brain is a foggy goo right now and needs sleep..

/Mark
jedimark Wrote:
cbramsey,(time=1326203988) Wrote:I see the Windows version of SH software has progressed to Beta stage Version 0.9.1. Congrats

Get it while its hot!!!

I am eagerly awaiting the new Mac version. Nervous

You beat me to it.. Wink

Jimbo made a several mac builds today already.. Kept finding new nasties right after he made the builds.. :-}

Will hopefully be a new mac build tomorrow.. That's if I haven't driven Jimbo bonkers today's stop/starting..

jedimark Wrote:
Sleepster,(time=1326036523) Wrote:
iSnooze,(time=1325932669) Wrote:2) What do the 2 different Leaks line in the overview mean (Leaks 90% and Leaks W avg)?
Mark must be busy trying to get to beta.

Last night my W-avg was 7.25. I think this means that the average value of the leak rate during the entire night was 7.25 liters per minute. It's probable a weighted average, something Mark could explain better.

My 90% was 15. I think this means that 90% of the time, my leak rate was below 15 liters per minute.

You are correct, W-avg is weighted average.. I've stopped using this in the main display, and use median instead (like most other CPAP software).

Weighted average is still useful (and makes more sense to me personally than median), so I show it in the tooltips in Daily Details view.

All 90%/95% figures basically are is a crud filter.. It filters out spikes so you can see the "real" maximum without the one or two useless bits of info that took it off the chart for a few seconds..
jedimark Wrote:Activated Jimbo's mac build.. Just the update component first.. full build will be up later..

If your running 0.9.0, theoretically you just should be able to Help->Check For Updates, and it will magically work..

In practice.. it will probably fail miserably, so please backup your SleepyHeadData folder in Documents first, so you can get at any of your old journal notes/etc..
jedimark Wrote:
juggerwubba,(time=1326466936) Wrote:How does the machine know the time? If I unplug it it does not have a clock to reset....
My timings seem a little off - like this morning I know I was awake and off the machine at 7, but the data ends at 720. If it was an hour out I would fix the time zone, or the DST.

Your cpap machine has a battery backed up realtime clock built in..

Like all clocks, they tend to drift which is annoying.

However there may be a bug at the moment that's messing up here though.. :/
jedimark Wrote:
juggerwubba,(time=1326468114) Wrote:I will take more notice of my start and end times and report back to you. Trouble is that the start and end of my cpap use are not my most coherent times of day...one is as I finally beat my insomnia and th other as I struggle back into consciousness.......

Joy... welcome to the club.. I'm currently waiting for a Tamazepam to kick in, in an attempt to reboot my own built-in clock.. :-/

Feel doughy but no sleep..

The notebook's bright light is not helping my cause tonight.

Each morning I'm a zombie until noon.. then a semi-functional zombie for the rest of the day.. with the occasional ray of normality breaking through at unexplainable intervals..
archangle Wrote:
clipper,(time=1326510607) Wrote:
juggerwubba,(time=1326466936) Wrote:How does the machine know the time? If I unplug it it does not have a clock to reset....
My timings seem a little off - like this morning I know I was awake and off the machine at 7, but the data ends at 720. If it was an hour out I would fix the time zone, or the DST.
I've wondered the same thing. Is the internal clock only resettable with proprietary software/
Apparently, with Respironics machines, it takes proprietary software and a proprietary cable to reset the clock. Neither of which is available to the general public. And the battery is not user replaceable.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another OSCAR cannot find data thread - with a twist. Cuppa 63 3,989 03-02-2023, 04:30 AM
Last Post: Cuppa
  OSCAR v1.3.0 is released [old archived thread] Gideon 36 7,516 02-07-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Looking for DreamStation 2 samples using 12mm heated tube [thread closed] sawinglogz 6 1,205 01-14-2022, 04:43 PM
Arrow ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions] SuperSleeper 1,109 1,649,085 08-25-2015, 07:10 PM
Information Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Jun-2014 thru Aug 2015] SuperSleeper 542 155,136 08-21-2015, 01:27 PM
Arrow EncoreBasic 2.4.8.0 CPAP Reporting Software [Archived read-only thread] EncoreBasic User 142 88,581 02-18-2015, 11:29 AM
Last Post: on the virge
  ResScan SW thread 2 -- runs on 64 bit OS? justMongo 6 3,371 05-18-2014, 11:07 PM
Last Post: herbm

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.