Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Sep-2011 thru May 2014]
RE: SleepyHead CPAP Reporting Software - JediMark [copied from old forum]
juggerwubba Wrote:
jedimark,(time=1326940851) Wrote:
juggerwubba,(time=1326887575) Wrote:I've seen some graphs of sleep spindles and stuff from the zeo. I agree that it is not very accurate - that is why I am not buying it yet - but I think there is a way to get at data that is less agregated

I think both the Zeo and (accelerometer) movement based smartphone apps are worth investigating for differentiating between full sleep and wake cycles..

But there is no (cheap) way of determining REM as of yet..

A small accelerometer placed near the eyes would help stage REM properly with other frontal EEG signals. Would be awesome if Zeo tried this with their next generation headset.

Best idea I can come up without resorting to serious electronics hacking is the circuit board out of a cheap nintendo Wii nunchuck, and an arduino development board or similar. I think this is too big and uncomfortable to wear on the head.. but could have other uses (I was thinking movement belt for the chest)
I bet we could invent a cage thing that went round your head, complete with accelerometer, brainwave sensor, video feed back, microphone (for the snoring dB) humidifier, .....

.....and a tennis ball fixed on somewhere so you cannot roll on to your back
jedimark Wrote:
archangle,(time=1326944655) Wrote:
zonk,(time=1326940230) Wrote:It is quite expensive over #300 for the software, card Reader and USB download cable (Supplier #1), probably it is cheaper to get the IntelliPAP AutoAdjust to use with SleepyHead software.
The Intellipap requires an extra purchase of a smartlink module before it will record data. Be sure to consider the cost of all the parts you need, including the humidifier.

It does not record waveform data, so the data is much less valuable than the PRS1 and S9 machines.

Just an incidental note on the Intellipap..

I'm in the middle of hacking the realtime flow waveform, pressure and leak graphs out for Intellipap.. All that's needed one day will be a cheap PC to connect to (say a netbook, or spare heap of junk), and the serial cable..
archangle Wrote:Right now, update may not work unless you run SleepyHead as administrator. Mark is investigating how to fix this.
jedimark Wrote:Maybe I should add an "AutoScan" button to the import list like SleepyHead used to do at the beginning..

It could scan every available drive letter after D: on windows, everything under /media on Linux, and wherever Mac's mount their media cards.. (can anyone tell me where that is on a Mac?)

I just don't want to take away the flexibility to import from whatever folder we please.

If I did that, the import list could potentially be removed.. ? (It's a troublemaker code-wise)
jedimark Wrote:
archangle,(time=1327011957) Wrote:Right now, update may not work unless you run SleepyHead as administrator. Mark is investigating how to fix this.

Crud I forgot about that.. I'm glad you rememberized me of it.

Sometimes I swear I've got the memory capacity a Commodore Vic20.. I need to find my brain an 16K upgrade cartridge Smile
cbramsey Wrote:
jedimark,(time=1327036176) Wrote:Maybe I should add an "AutoScan" button to the import list like SleepyHead used to do at the beginning..

It could scan every available drive letter after D: on windows, everything under /media on Linux, and wherever Mac's mount their media cards.. (can anyone tell me where that is on a Mac?)

I just don't want to take away the flexibility to import from whatever folder we please.

If I did that, the import list could potentially be removed.. ? (It's a troublemaker code-wise)
I think this is what you are asking about. You will find attached a screen shot of the Mac Disk Utility. It showed the SD Card for my Philips Respironics System One APAP Machine is in geek speak "/Volumes/NO NAME"

Hope that is what you are looking for.

[Image: ScreenShot2012-01-20at103022AM.jpg]
jedimark Wrote:
cbramsey,(time=1327074001) Wrote:I think this is what you are asking about. You will find attached a screen shot of the Mac Disk Utility. It showed the SD Card for my Philips Respironics System One APAP Machine is in geek speak "/Volumes/NO NAME"

That be it.. Thank you..
jedimark Wrote:The right-click Run as administrator thing is still needed for updates..
Why Windows protects apps data folders from themselves I don't know. Does not make sense to me.

I have some good news for Fisher & Paykel icon users.. Support is nearly completed Smile
jedimark Wrote:Here are a couple of SleepyHead builds for Ubuntu (Linux), which John Masters prepared. Thanks John! Smile
http://sourceforge.net/projects/sleepyhe...ses/Linux/

There's also a test installer I built using bitrock installer on Fedora, that may possibly work with other GNU/Linux platforms (as long as qt 4.7.4 libs are available)

I'm not sure when John last synced, but the Ubuntu ones may have my new F&P Icon code.
[quote-jedimark]
OldFatMan,(time=1327809462) Wrote:My son is a truck driver and has been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea. He has the same machine and set-up I do and I have the ResMed and SleepyHead software. The company he works for requires a compliance report every 2 weeks. I know the resmed will do a summary report but if he has the same experience I do, the download is less than reliable with ReMed and right now I'm getting error messages and am unable to print or email a report. Since his reporting is critical to his employment, I'd be more comfortable with SleepyHead for the download. Only problem, I cant figure out hou to get a summary with the compliance data for his employer. Any ideas? Thanks
Hi, you just raised a very important issue.

In those circumstances, you really MUST use the reports generated by the commercial software.

I try my best, but I simply can not warrant the accuracy of data SleepyHead provides for any legal or medical use.

SleepyHead is only intended as a personal research tool.[/quote]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another OSCAR cannot find data thread - with a twist. Cuppa 63 3,995 03-02-2023, 04:30 AM
Last Post: Cuppa
  OSCAR v1.3.0 is released [old archived thread] Gideon 36 7,518 02-07-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Looking for DreamStation 2 samples using 12mm heated tube [thread closed] sawinglogz 6 1,205 01-14-2022, 04:43 PM
Arrow ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions] SuperSleeper 1,109 1,649,223 08-25-2015, 07:10 PM
Information Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Jun-2014 thru Aug 2015] SuperSleeper 542 155,176 08-21-2015, 01:27 PM
Arrow EncoreBasic 2.4.8.0 CPAP Reporting Software [Archived read-only thread] EncoreBasic User 142 88,591 02-18-2015, 11:29 AM
Last Post: on the virge
  ResScan SW thread 2 -- runs on 64 bit OS? justMongo 6 3,372 05-18-2014, 11:07 PM
Last Post: herbm

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.