Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Sep-2011 thru May 2014]
RE: SleepyHead CPAP Reporting Software - JediMark
SleepyHead stores the data on your hard drive, but it may be in a form that's not usable by other programs. You can just copy the contents of the SD card to a folder on your hard drive if you're paranoid.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
(08-14-2013, 11:13 AM)Sleepster Wrote: SleepyHead stores the data on your hard drive, but it may be in a form that's not usable by other programs. You can just copy the contents of the SD card to a folder on your hard drive if you're paranoid.

Thanks so much! I have been using SleepyHead and love it (it also works on my Mac), but recently got access to the ResMed software. You wouldn't happen to know if the ResMed software keeps all the records as well?

As for backing up the SD card, can I just copy and paste its contents every day? It keeps 365 days worth of records if I am correct?
On a different note, for reasons beyond my attention span, my doctors are getting me the ResMed S9 Pulse Oximeter that connects right to the S9 and records the data to the SD card.

I know SleepyHead is capable of reading the S9 Pulse Ox data, so will it just as easily as sleep data?

Thanks everyone!
(08-16-2013, 02:45 AM)mfranzel Wrote: On a different note, for reasons beyond my attention span, my doctors are getting me the ResMed S9 Pulse Oximeter that connects right to the S9 and records the data to the SD card.

I know SleepyHead is capable of reading the S9 Pulse Ox data, so will it just as easily as sleep data?

Thanks everyone!
I don,t believe SleepyHead supports S9 oximetery
See page 47 http://www.apneaboard.com/ResScan_Interp...-Guide.pdf

FYI .... data on the S9 and SD card
http://www.s9morecomfort.com/s9morecomfo...ement.html

(08-16-2013, 12:36 PM)zonk Wrote:
(08-16-2013, 02:45 AM)mfranzel Wrote: On a different note, for reasons beyond my attention span, my doctors are getting me the ResMed S9 Pulse Oximeter that connects right to the S9 and records the data to the SD card.

Thanks everyone!
I don,t believe SleepyHead supports S9 oximetery
See page 47 http://www.apneaboard.com/ResScan_Interp...-Guide.pdf

FYI .... data on the S9 and SD card
http://www.s9morecomfort.com/s9morecomfo...ement.html

The SleepyHead project wiki claims that you can use the S9 oximeter, but I haven't tried it myself. That oximeter kit is over US $1000 (I had a DME look into it).

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/sl...=Main_Page
(08-16-2013, 02:42 AM)mfranzel Wrote: As for backing up the SD card, can I just copy and paste its contents every day? It keeps 365 days worth of records if I am correct?

I'm not a ResMed user, but I recall people mentioning that the detailed data is not kept on the card very long. You have to download it frequently or it gets lost. I don't know what that frequency is, but it might be once a week.

Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Reporting a SleepyHead bug. When I put my PRS1 BiPAP Pro Model 650P in CPAP mode, SleepyHead doesn't report the pressure. I know the pressure data is there because I can see it using EncoreBasic.

I'm running SH v0.9.2-1 on a Dell laptop running WinXP.

By the way, does anyone know what the difference would be between running this machine in CPAP mode at a pressure of 11.0 cm versus running it in BiPAP mode with the EPAP and IPAP pressures both set to 11.0 cm?
Sleepster

(08-16-2013, 02:52 PM)Sleepster Wrote: I'm running SH v0.9.2-1 on a Dell laptop running WinXP.

Hi Sleepster, why not upgrade to v0.9.3? It has some fixes for PRS1 series 60.

Not saying it'll fix this issue, but you never know...
(08-16-2013, 02:47 PM)Sleepster Wrote:
(08-16-2013, 02:42 AM)mfranzel Wrote: As for backing up the SD card, can I just copy and paste its contents every day? It keeps 365 days worth of records if I am correct?

I'm not a ResMed user, but I recall people mentioning that the detailed data is not kept on the card very long. You have to download it frequently or it gets lost. I don't know what that frequency is, but it might be once a week.

Resmed S9 series keep only the compliance data for 365 days. Summary efficacy data is kept for 30 days and the high resolution flow data is only kept for 7 days, so unfortunately we have to be diligent about downloading it once a week if we want all the flow data.
(08-16-2013, 02:52 PM)Sleepster Wrote: By the way, does anyone know what the difference would be between running this machine in CPAP mode at a pressure of 11.0 cm versus running it in BiPAP mode with the EPAP and IPAP pressures both set to 11.0 cm?

While I don't know for sure, I would expect the format of the stored data to be different, since one is in CPAP mode and the other is in BiPAP mode. But other than that, I'm hard-pressed to come up with any difference, particularly at what is delivered to the mask. Both should result in a constant airway pressure of 11 cmH2O.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another OSCAR cannot find data thread - with a twist. Cuppa 63 3,993 03-02-2023, 04:30 AM
Last Post: Cuppa
  OSCAR v1.3.0 is released [old archived thread] Gideon 36 7,518 02-07-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Looking for DreamStation 2 samples using 12mm heated tube [thread closed] sawinglogz 6 1,205 01-14-2022, 04:43 PM
Arrow ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions] SuperSleeper 1,109 1,649,178 08-25-2015, 07:10 PM
Information Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Jun-2014 thru Aug 2015] SuperSleeper 542 155,165 08-21-2015, 01:27 PM
Arrow EncoreBasic 2.4.8.0 CPAP Reporting Software [Archived read-only thread] EncoreBasic User 142 88,591 02-18-2015, 11:29 AM
Last Post: on the virge
  ResScan SW thread 2 -- runs on 64 bit OS? justMongo 6 3,372 05-18-2014, 11:07 PM
Last Post: herbm

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.