Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Sep-2011 thru May 2014]
RE: SleepyHead CPAP Reporting Software - JediMark
Well, yes, the format of the data stored is different. There may also be a difference in the Bi-Flex and the C-Flex exhalation pressure relief features.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
If you have a Mac and are using Time Machine for automatic backups to an external hard drive, you're already backing up your Sleepyhead data. If you ever lost it on your primary Mac hard drive, all you'd need to do is go into Time Machine and restore the Sleepyhead data files ... if you've set up Time Machine for "full" backups. For instance, when running, it backs up hourly [in the background whenever your computer is on and awake] for the first 24 hours, then daily for a month, then weekly for all previous months, until your external drive is full. You don't even realize it's running most of the time ... until you need it. When the backup drive gets full, then the oldest backups start to drop off, which could be files as old as a year or more, depending on your disk size.

This can be a real life-saver for more than Sleepyhead data. I'd strongly recommend external backups under any circumstance.

Hope this makes sense. Smile

(08-16-2013, 02:42 AM)mfranzel Wrote:
(08-14-2013, 11:13 AM)Sleepster Wrote: SleepyHead stores the data on your hard drive, but it may be in a form that's not usable by other programs. You can just copy the contents of the SD card to a folder on your hard drive if you're paranoid.

Thanks so much! I have been using SleepyHead and love it (it also works on my Mac), but recently got access to the ResMed software. You wouldn't happen to know if the ResMed software keeps all the records as well?

As for backing up the SD card, can I just copy and paste its contents every day? It keeps 365 days worth of records if I am correct?

(08-16-2013, 03:01 PM)Paptillian Wrote:
(08-16-2013, 02:47 PM)Sleepster Wrote:
(08-16-2013, 02:42 AM)mfranzel Wrote: As for backing up the SD card, can I just copy and paste its contents every day? It keeps 365 days worth of records if I am correct?

I'm not a ResMed user, but I recall people mentioning that the detailed data is not kept on the card very long. You have to download it frequently or it gets lost. I don't know what that frequency is, but it might be once a week.

Resmed S9 series keep only the compliance data for 365 days. Summary efficacy data is kept for 30 days and the high resolution flow data is only kept for 7 days, so unfortunately we have to be diligent about downloading it once a week if we want all the flow data.

That is what I thought. I download the data to SH every night, so I just copy and paste the SD card data to a mirrored drive on my computer.

As for the S9 Pulse Oximeter, my insurance is actually paying for it. I do not know what my doctor did, but I am not paying a cent!
(08-16-2013, 09:34 PM)SleepEZ Wrote: If you have a Mac and are using Time Machine for automatic backups to an external hard drive, you're already backing up your Sleepyhead data. If you ever lost it on your primary Mac hard drive, all you'd need to do is go into Time Machine and restore the Sleepyhead data files ...

Yes, but it's likely the data could be read only by SleepyHead. On the other hand, of you back up the contents of the SD card you have data could be read by not only SleepyHead but also ResScan and any other software that might become available in the future.

I'm not sure that would be an advantage, I'm just sayin' ...
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
From memory, for S9, the SD card contains:

7 days of waveform data.
30 days of event data. (When the apneas occurred, what type, etc.)
365 days of summary data (Nightly AHI, etc.)

PRS1 machines don't normally erase old data.

ResScan and SleepyHead store the "digested" data on your computer.

SleepyHead never erases the old data off your computer, but if the software gets updated, it MIGHT not read the old data. There have been a few updates in the past that required all new data.

Sleepyhead also has an option to save sort of an "intermediate" form of S9 data.

I go ahead and copy the entire SD card to a directory with todays date on my computer whenever I read my card and am not feeling lazy.

ResScan stores the "digested" data on your PC. I don't know if it ever erases old data from your PC. Some people have found where ResScan stores the data, and have backed that directory up and successfully restored it on a new computer. I can't guarantee it will work if you get a new version of ResScan. I don't know the data directory location right now.

If you copy the S9 (or PRS1) SD card to a directory on your PC, ResScan or Encore will probably not read the data. Some people have been successful in putting old data on a SD card, and then using ResScan or Encore to read the data.

SleepyHead WILL read the data from "saved" copies of SD cards on your PC hard disk.

Even though ResScan will read a "restored" SD card like this, the S9 machine will probably refuse to read the data from the SD card. It does something non-standard with the card.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
(08-22-2013, 11:25 PM)archangle Wrote: SleepyHead never erases the old data off your computer, but if the software gets updated, it MIGHT not read the old data. There have been a few updates in the past that required all new data.

I recently updated to 9.3-0 on Linux, thanks to advice from Paptillian. All I did with the new version was point it at the folder where the previous version had stored the data. Presto! It's all there, same as before.

And 9.3-0 runs kind of slow, but is a vast improvement.
Can "Sleepyhead" be used with an "Infineer" smart card reader. At present I use Encore Basic

Regards
(08-23-2013, 01:51 AM)pherretaus Wrote: Can "Sleepyhead" be used with an "Infineer" smart card reader. At present I use Encore Basic

Regards
welcome to the forum
SleepyHead does not support M series Respironcis machines uses smart card but does support "System One" machines, 50 and 60 series (both use SD card). Resmed machine and EncoreBasic software as in your profile are not compatible with each other
(08-23-2013, 02:12 AM)zonk Wrote:
(08-23-2013, 01:51 AM)pherretaus Wrote: Can "Sleepyhead" be used with an "Infineer" smart card reader. At present I use Encore Basic

Regards
welcome to the forum
SleepyHead does not support M series Respironcis machines uses smart card but does support "System One" machines, 50 and 60 series (both use SD card). Resmed machine and EncoreBasic software as in your profile are not compatible with each other

Many thanks for prompt response
(08-22-2013, 11:56 PM)JJJ Wrote:
(08-22-2013, 11:25 PM)archangle Wrote: SleepyHead never erases the old data off your computer, but if the software gets updated, it MIGHT not read the old data. There have been a few updates in the past that required all new data.

I recently updated to 9.3-0 on Linux, thanks to advice from Paptillian. All I did with the new version was point it at the folder where the previous version had stored the data. Presto! It's all there, same as before.

And 9.3-0 runs kind of slow, but is a vast improvement.

Some of the past version changes have changed the data structure and would lose some or all of your old data. It's possible that some future version will not be compatible with the old data.

There's some value in saving the raw data from the SD card.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another OSCAR cannot find data thread - with a twist. Cuppa 63 3,991 03-02-2023, 04:30 AM
Last Post: Cuppa
  OSCAR v1.3.0 is released [old archived thread] Gideon 36 7,516 02-07-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Looking for DreamStation 2 samples using 12mm heated tube [thread closed] sawinglogz 6 1,205 01-14-2022, 04:43 PM
Arrow ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions] SuperSleeper 1,109 1,649,100 08-25-2015, 07:10 PM
Information Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Jun-2014 thru Aug 2015] SuperSleeper 542 155,142 08-21-2015, 01:27 PM
Arrow EncoreBasic 2.4.8.0 CPAP Reporting Software [Archived read-only thread] EncoreBasic User 142 88,586 02-18-2015, 11:29 AM
Last Post: on the virge
  ResScan SW thread 2 -- runs on 64 bit OS? justMongo 6 3,372 05-18-2014, 11:07 PM
Last Post: herbm

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.