Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Sep-2011 thru May 2014]
RE: SleepyHead - Work with Respironics REMstar Auto DOM?
(09-21-2013, 03:20 PM)PHTman Wrote: I am +30 days into using a Respironics REMstar Auto, DOM (REF 560P). At least, that's all the numbers on the label.

Is SH compatible with this system? If not, what options are available. The Encore Viewer?

I am a "wanna-be" programmer having hacked some apps over the years. Like writing a good book, it would be immensely satisfying to write software that produce real-tactile benefit to peoples lives. In this sense, I am envious of JediMarks creation!

Also, this is the 1st Sleep Apnea forum I've been on. It's great to read others experiences. Personally I still have negative feelings towards the necessity to use this device. But getting your but kicked daily is quite effective at whittling down one's pride...

Never mind.... I go the SH software to work. I orginally installed in a VMWare session and pointed to a folder for the data which SH failed to recognize.

After reading other threads I decided to install to the host system and it recognized the data source correctly.
RE: SleepyHead - Work with Respironics REMstar Auto DOM?
(09-21-2013, 03:20 PM)PHTman Wrote: Also, this is the 1st Sleep Apnea forum I've been on. It's great to read others experiences.

Hi PHTman, welcome to the forum!

Glad you found a solution.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
RE: SleepyHead CPAP Reporting Software - JediMark
I am wondering if you could help. I have a Philips System One Remstar Pro. I installed the SleepyHead software for Mac. When I try to import data all that shows on the screen is the machine information and says that no cpap machine data imported. Can you help?
(10-03-2013, 11:47 PM)LarryT Wrote: I am wondering if you could help. I have a Philips System One Remstar Pro. I installed the SleepyHead software for Mac. When I try to import data all that shows on the screen is the machine information and says that no cpap machine data imported. Can you help?
Hi Larry
If your machine PRS1 Pro 460 (60 series), you need to install the patch but its not required with the updated version
Here is the link http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...structions
Thank you! That is the problem. I will get the patch.
Isn't there a new version that doesn't require the patch?
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
(10-05-2013, 10:48 AM)Sleepster Wrote: Isn't there a new version that doesn't require the patch?

Yes and no Sleepster. There is a version 0.9.3 for Windows that does not require the patch mentioned earlier.

If you are using a Mac or Linux, you still need the patch for a 60 Series machine.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
(10-06-2013, 07:47 PM)cbramsey Wrote:
(10-05-2013, 10:48 AM)Sleepster Wrote: Isn't there a new version that doesn't require the patch?

Yes and no Sleepster. There is a version 0.9.3 for Windows that does not require the patch mentioned earlier.
If you are using a Mac or Linux, you still need the patch for a 60 Series machine.

There is no "patch" for Linux; you just install the latest version from the source. Paptillian posted the instructions a while back.
Wow. I just installed the software. Looks better organised and feels a lot lighter and faster than ResScan. I'm still exploring, but I wanted to post my first impression.
I'm obviously a "Newbie" on ApneaBoard.Com and this is my 1st POST on this THREAD.

I have downloaded SleepyHead beta v0.9.3 and thus far have learned a lot about my equipment and the multiple past Rx tries by the "Sleep Lab" staff at my HMO medical service provider.

I am running SleepyHead somewhat differently on my Windows system which has Windows 7 Pro. When I initially installed SleepyHead, I started having a lot of "BlueScreen" crashes. I also run Windows XP mode on a virtual HDD on my machine, something I needed in order to run an older copy of AutoDesk's program "AutoSketch" v7.0.

Since I couldn't put up with the many system crashes, I tried installing SleepyHead on my WinXP mode OS on the virtual HDD and uninstalled it under the underlying Win 7 pro OS. This solved my BlueScreen crash problem!

I have yet to figure out how to submit official trouble reports to Mark!?

Regards,
Sam Ross... aka MrSafety !

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another OSCAR cannot find data thread - with a twist. Cuppa 63 3,995 03-02-2023, 04:30 AM
Last Post: Cuppa
  OSCAR v1.3.0 is released [old archived thread] Gideon 36 7,518 02-07-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Looking for DreamStation 2 samples using 12mm heated tube [thread closed] sawinglogz 6 1,205 01-14-2022, 04:43 PM
Arrow ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions] SuperSleeper 1,109 1,649,224 08-25-2015, 07:10 PM
Information Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Jun-2014 thru Aug 2015] SuperSleeper 542 155,177 08-21-2015, 01:27 PM
Arrow EncoreBasic 2.4.8.0 CPAP Reporting Software [Archived read-only thread] EncoreBasic User 142 88,591 02-18-2015, 11:29 AM
Last Post: on the virge
  ResScan SW thread 2 -- runs on 64 bit OS? justMongo 6 3,372 05-18-2014, 11:07 PM
Last Post: herbm

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.