Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Sep-2011 thru May 2014]
RE: SleepyHead CPAP Reporting Software - JediMark
(03-29-2014, 05:24 PM)ds98765 Wrote: It feels like there may be a mismatch between one of the DLLs supplied with the program and one I am running - next I'm going to try shutting down all non-essential dlls (things that check printer status, update your applications on a scheduled basis, etc) and see if one of those is the problem. Whatever it is, it's not unique to me (I've seen this reported before) but it doesn't seem common.

Playing Sherlock here, the problem happens right after you select Profile. It might do so for security settings or display settings. You've looked into the security angle already. SH has preference settings for font styles, sizes, etc., which sounds like it ties in to the graphics/display settings in the operating system. Is it possible that it starts to initiate those settings in SH font preferences and crashes as a result? If so, perhaps I would try just temporarily setting a lower screen resolution and see if SH gets past the profile screen.

I'm assuming you haven't changed your graphics/display setup recently and SH settings are somehow incompatible. I'm just grasping at straws here looking at SH as just another software program. There are many in the Board who know so much more about SH and have been using it for years. Please give their suggestions a lot more credibility.
(03-29-2014, 06:39 PM)robysue Wrote: It's a pain in the butt to do it, but have you tried creating a new user profile and down loading the data to the new profile?

(03-30-2014, 12:01 AM)WakeUpTime Wrote: Playing Sherlock here, the problem happens right after you select Profile. It might do so for security settings or display settings....

robysue, I've never successfully loaded data to a user, because I've never been able to actually get into the program in order to be able to load data. Just for the heck of it, I've created another empty new user, but no difference, it still won't start up after the profile.

WakeUpTime, no changes in video hardware or settings for a long time, and in any case, the profile window shows up just fine, so you'd expect that the rest of the app would as well, if it were a display problem.

One more thing I have found in all of my experimentation - I tried restarting the computer in Safe mode (which loads only the minimum set of drivers, etc), and in Safe mode the app ran just fine! So that seems to confirm that the problem is a conflict with something else I'm running.

I wish I could find some of the others that reported this problem in the past - maybe we could compare notes on what other software we have! I'll try doing searches in the forum to find them again, I didn't think to record who they were before.

In the meantime, thanks for the suggestions!
(03-30-2014, 09:54 PM)ds98765 Wrote: One more thing I have found in all of my experimentation - I tried restarting the computer in Safe mode (which loads only the minimum set of drivers, etc), and in Safe mode the app ran just fine! So that seems to confirm that the problem is a conflict with something else I'm running.

I'm running SH 0.9.3 beta on Windows 7 64-bit with no trouble, so your issue is unlikely to be compatibility with the basic environment. The fact that SH runs in Safe Mode is very telling.

You may already know about this, but the "msconfig" utility (which is already installed in your OS) could make it much simpler to determine what is causing the interference. Googling will show you plenty of examples if you need them. A few passes with msconfig and reboots may show you where the problem lies.

Good Luck!

ADMIN NOTE:

Due to user reports of problems with the current version of SleepyHead for Windows (version 0.9.5), we are temporarily recommending users download and install the older version 0.9.3 until a newer, properly-working stable release is issued.

Temporarily, in the SleepyHead Download Thread, we are providing a link to download the older SleepyHead version 0.9.3 for Windows.

Here's the link to our SleepyHead download instructions, which includes a link to the stable 0.9.3 version:

CLICK HERE to go to the Download thread

(you must be logged into your forum account to access the above link - register HERE
for a free forum account if you need one)

Quote:

This thread is now closed. If you have a question regarding the SleepyHead software package, please go HERE.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another OSCAR cannot find data thread - with a twist. Cuppa 63 3,996 03-02-2023, 04:30 AM
Last Post: Cuppa
  OSCAR v1.3.0 is released [old archived thread] Gideon 36 7,522 02-07-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Looking for DreamStation 2 samples using 12mm heated tube [thread closed] sawinglogz 6 1,207 01-14-2022, 04:43 PM
Arrow ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions] SuperSleeper 1,109 1,649,322 08-25-2015, 07:10 PM
Information Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Jun-2014 thru Aug 2015] SuperSleeper 542 155,218 08-21-2015, 01:27 PM
Arrow EncoreBasic 2.4.8.0 CPAP Reporting Software [Archived read-only thread] EncoreBasic User 142 88,600 02-18-2015, 11:29 AM
Last Post: on the virge
  ResScan SW thread 2 -- runs on 64 bit OS? justMongo 6 3,372 05-18-2014, 11:07 PM
Last Post: herbm

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.