Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Sep-2011 thru May 2014]
RE: SleepyHead CPAP Reporting Software - JediMark
(04-26-2012, 09:12 AM)greatunclebill Wrote:
(04-26-2012, 09:01 AM)bastiaab Wrote: why doesn't works with windows vista? SleepyHeads crashes each time!!

welcome to the forum.

you have some other problem in your computer or your settings. i have winvista on my laptop and sleepyhead works perfect. no problems with anything about it. is it installed? does it "crash" while installing or while opening? do you get a message when it "crashes"?

Hi ,

I tell you what I have done:
I have install SleepyHeads and fill in a new profile.
Then I get the Release Notes.
Then I press the button "Ok, get on with it..."
When I do that then Sleepyheads crashes!
When I try to run SleepyHeads in Win XP emulation, it does the same, crash.
Program 'Soluto' says that the crash is caused by atioglxx.dll
Do you have any suggestions for other settings?
I don't know what to do.
All other programs works correctly.

(04-27-2012, 09:09 AM)bastiaab Wrote:
(04-26-2012, 09:12 AM)greatunclebill Wrote:
(04-26-2012, 09:01 AM)bastiaab Wrote: why doesn't works with windows vista? SleepyHeads crashes each time!!

welcome to the forum.

you have some other problem in your computer or your settings. i have winvista on my laptop and sleepyhead works perfect. no problems with anything about it. is it installed? does it "crash" while installing or while opening? do you get a message when it "crashes"?

Hi ,

I tell you what I have done:
I have install SleepyHeads and fill in a new profile.
Then I get the Release Notes.
Then I press the button "Ok, get on with it..."
When I do that then Sleepyheads crashes!
When I try to run SleepyHeads in Win XP emulation, it does the same, crash.
Program 'Soluto' says that the crash is caused by atioglxx.dll
Do you have any suggestions for other settings?
I don't know what to do.
All other programs works correctly.

Tell us more about your computer configuration.
Back a ways in this thread, someone (presumably the author) mentioned that Zeo data was going to be importable in version 9.2 of Sleepyhead. However, I have 9.2-2 (on the Mac) and there doesn't seem to be any option for importing Zeo data... the import function doesn't even recognize csv as an acceptable import format. Was this pushed off, or is it not in the Mac version, or am I just missing something?

Similarly, the Wiki claims that the CMS 50 line of Pulse Oximeters is supported by Sleepyhead, but my CMS 50F is not even detected in any way. Is this a problem with the Mac version, or is it just not supported?

Just not my lucky day, it seems.
(04-27-2012, 07:43 PM)adam_lang Wrote: Back a ways in this thread, someone (presumably the author) mentioned that Zeo data was going to be importable in version 9.2 of Sleepyhead. However, I have 9.2-2 (on the Mac) and there doesn't seem to be any option for importing Zeo data... the import function doesn't even recognize csv as an acceptable import format. Was this pushed off, or is it not in the Mac version, or am I just missing something?

Similarly, the Wiki claims that the CMS 50 line of Pulse Oximeters is supported by Sleepyhead, but my CMS 50F is not even detected in any way. Is this a problem with the Mac version, or is it just not supported?

Just not my lucky day, it seems.

welcome to the forum.

did you get SP02 software with the oximeter and install it? you have to use the SP02 software to get the data on the computer to be able to import it into sleepyhead. i don't know if it works with mac or not.

i don't know about zeo, but my sleepyhead version 0.9.2-1 has an option to import zeo data in the data tab. this in on winvista and win7 computers.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
(04-27-2012, 08:10 PM)greatunclebill Wrote: i don't know if it works with mac or not.
Free software is not compatible with Mac!!!
Source: Supplier # 19 for (pulse oximeters)

(04-27-2012, 08:10 PM)greatunclebill Wrote: welcome to the forum.

Thank you.

Quote:did you get SP02 software with the oximeter and install it? you have to use the SP02 software to get the data on the computer to be able to import it into sleepyhead. i don't know if it works with mac or not.

Yes, I got the software. I have to run it in Windows, which means in virtualization. And of course the software is so ridiculously awful. Oh my god. Do people actually use this stuff?

And yes, I can then grab the resulting data files, copy them to the Mac half of my computer, and then import them manually into SleepyHead. However, I was kind of hoping for something that was less than a fifteen minute workflow. Oh well. :-(

Quote:i don't know about zeo, but my sleepyhead version 0.9.2-1 has an option to import zeo data in the data tab. this in on winvista and win7 computers.

There isn't a data tab in the Mac version. Just 'Statistics', 'Daily', 'Overview', 'Oximetry', and 'Help Browser'...

...ohhh. There is, however, a 'Data' MENU. No wonder I missed the Zeo import.

Unfortunately, when I take the CSV file I downloaded from myzeo.com and try to import it there, it does exactly nothing. But I guess it's at least being worked on, so that's good to know.

Thanks!

Incidentally... is there any kind of documentation as to how to get the data from the Pulse Oximeter anywhere, does anyone know? (Looks like it's serial emulation over USB, but what speed and settings (9600/N/8/1?) and what format?) I might just write something small and simple myself, so I can get the data without running Windows.
(04-27-2012, 11:35 PM)adam_lang Wrote: Incidentally... is there any kind of documentation as to how to get the data from the Pulse Oximeter anywhere, does anyone know? (Looks like it's serial emulation over USB, but what speed and settings (9600/N/8/1?) and what format?) I might just write something small and simple myself, so I can get the data without running Windows.

SleepyHead's released under the GNU Public License. You could probably track down the source code to figure out how the data is obtained.

I'm sure Mac users will be grateful if you do manage to write something small and simple to do the Job, and If you come up with a Mac OS only solution, perhaps you could make it publicly available so it could even be incorporated into SleepyHead itself.

If I didn't also want to run the Windows Only ResScan in addition to SleepyHead, the Mac OS only solution you envision would've been perfect for my use. In the end I just purchased a Windows based laptop instead of going the bootcamp/ virtualisation route - Isn't putting Windows on your Mac pretty much tantamount to deliberately installing a computer virus? Dielaughing
(04-28-2012, 12:55 AM)Surly Wrote: SleepyHead's released under the GNU Public License. You could probably track down the source code to figure out how the data is obtained.

Erm... yeah. But I don't know Qt, and I really loathe C++, and trying to figure out a data format by parsing through C++ and Qt files sounds like my own special version of hell.

Quote:Isn't putting Windows on your Mac pretty much tantamount to deliberately installing a computer virus? Dielaughing

Back in the days when SoftPC and SoftAT came out (these were, believe it or not, DOS machine emulators for early PowerPC Macintoshes), the affectionate nickname for them, at least at the school I went to, were 'functionality reducers'. I have been using Macs and Windows machines ever since then, and I have seen little reason to revise my opinion. Smile
(04-27-2012, 11:35 PM)adam_lang Wrote: Incidentally... is there any kind of documentation as to how to get the data from the Pulse Oximeter anywhere, does anyone know? (Looks like it's serial emulation over USB, but what speed and settings (9600/N/8/1?) and what format?) I might just write something small and simple myself, so I can get the data without running Windows.

You might try here
Breathing keeps you alive. And PAP helps keep you breathing!
(04-28-2012, 09:12 AM)JumpStart Wrote:

You might try (URL DELETED BECAUSE I CAN'T POST THOSE)

Not quite what I was looking for. I was thinking of the information necessary to write a small Mac app that would enable me to import the data from the 50F on the Mac side, without Windows being involved at all. I've written embedded software (using serial ports) and networking software before; some kind of serial-over-USB protocol shouldn't be too much of a stretch for me, if I know the appropriate parameters and format.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another OSCAR cannot find data thread - with a twist. Cuppa 63 3,989 03-02-2023, 04:30 AM
Last Post: Cuppa
  OSCAR v1.3.0 is released [old archived thread] Gideon 36 7,516 02-07-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Looking for DreamStation 2 samples using 12mm heated tube [thread closed] sawinglogz 6 1,205 01-14-2022, 04:43 PM
Arrow ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions] SuperSleeper 1,109 1,649,078 08-25-2015, 07:10 PM
Information Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Jun-2014 thru Aug 2015] SuperSleeper 542 155,134 08-21-2015, 01:27 PM
Arrow EncoreBasic 2.4.8.0 CPAP Reporting Software [Archived read-only thread] EncoreBasic User 142 88,580 02-18-2015, 11:29 AM
Last Post: on the virge
  ResScan SW thread 2 -- runs on 64 bit OS? justMongo 6 3,371 05-18-2014, 11:07 PM
Last Post: herbm

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.